Any unique ideas for a wedding?

Online Users: 1,298 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

CBryant Posts : 1 Registered: 5/31/10
Any unique ideas for a wedding?
Posted: May 31, 2010 8:46 PM

Hi Everyone!!

I'm starting to look for wedding ideas but I really want something unique. I'm on the hunt on all the sites to find the most unique ideas for my wedding.

I think I'm going to have a lot of my items made by crafters rather than going to a big box company. I feel that these crafters would really understand me rather than these huge companies.

I think I have a mailbox idea down from some vendor on Etsy. Their mailbox has roses on them~ plus I guess they are clay from what I've read so I can actually take it home with me. Plus I'm going to try to find some vintage postcards to place next to my mailbox so people can write notes and stuff on it and put it in the mailbox. I think its sooo cute and unique!

Once I start finding other vendors, I'll let you guys know! It's sooo time consuming finding vendors.

Here's the one with the mailbox.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/48462553/wedding-mail-box-decorated-with-clay

I appreciate all your comments!!

Casey!

ElleJay24 Posts : 17 Registered: 1/11/10
Re: Any unique ideas for a wedding?
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: CBryant

Hey Casey,

Good luck! Planning a unique wedding is, in my opinion, a little more challenging than planning a more traditional one. I recommend getting yourself a bunch of bridal magazines over the next year and cut out your favorite stuff. Keep in mind that you taste may change between now and then - so don't commit to anything until later on down the line!

Here is a great website I visit sometimes for inspiration: http://offbeatbride.com/

That website has a bunch of awesome ideas and photos from real "off-beat" weddings... very cool!

Have you already chosen a location? Knowing that first will help a lot to determine the "mood" of your big day!

-Elle

giddygalbliss Posts : 3 Registered: 5/31/10
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: ElleJay24

I love it, I am in the same boat. I want our day to be truly unique but like you said it is quite challenging, especially when on a budget! Keep us posted with all your finds :)

Biggest question, what are you doing with your dress to be unique?

I was thinking of using my mom's wedding gown (a real simple ivory empire-waist) and having it somehow modernized with a bit of my own style....any thoughts?!!

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jun 1, 2010 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: giddygalbliss

OMG you should totally have a candy buffet!

KristaEve Posts : 5 Registered: 3/25/10
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: CBryant

www.hostessblog.com and www.weddingstar.com have some interesting ideas. Good luck with the wedding!

PAuLMA Posts : 9 Registered: 6/9/10
Posted: Jun 16, 2010 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: CBryant

Lots. Our venue had never seen a "name card" presentation like ours or the use of table names instead of numbers. We punched out green leaves, wrote the guest's names on them, put them on a bamboo pick and stuck them in red apples. See the first few pics. We did some custom photo ideas with an empty picture frame and drawing in the air with sparklers at night.

Also, we got our wedding card box custom made on Etsy in red/white damask.

We did it!  Pics of our Wedding Day and Honeymoon in Paris.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine