Mother of the Bride & Groom Dresses

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

QTAlwys Posts : 1 Registered: 5/18/10
Mother of the Bride & Groom Dresses
Posted: May 30, 2010 4:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

Do the mothers of the bride and groom need to wear dresses that match my wedding colors? The reason I ask is because my wedding colors are red and champagne and I'm afraid that neither of those colors will look good on my mom because she is blonde and so fair skinned.

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated!

Thanks!

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Re: Mother of the Bride & Groom Dresses
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: QTAlwys

My colors were red and champagne too! My mom wore chocolate brown (which was gorgeous!), my stepmom wore eggplant, and my MIL wore champagne. So, everyone was coordinated, but they didn't necessarily match. In my humble opinion, it looked beautiful.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: QTAlwys

I would let them each wear whatever they want, even if it doesn't totally coordinate with your colors. I know some people think this is a big deal, but we didn't and our moms picked just fine. I would not have made them wear something that wouldn't look good on them, though, just to coordinate.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

wang Posts : 3 Registered: 5/14/10
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

I support the idea that it is just ok that your dress color and your mother's are coordinated. they mustn't match. In fact, it will stress you as you are in bright and beautiful role.
just do my best!

swtcheeeks Posts : 6 Registered: 6/24/10
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: QTAlwys

MOB doesnt have to wear colors that coordinate with the wedding colors. But i think champagne would look great on her. But maybe you should stick with a dark color like purple or sage.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: Jul 7, 2010 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: QTAlwys

My mom might, but she might not. I've decided that I'd rather her be happy with how she looks and comfy then match.

thedbride Posts : 2 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: QTAlwys

Hey!

My colors are navy and champagne and my mum is going to wear a copper-y color (and she has red hair and is VERY fair-skinned) and my FMIL (who is average toned with blonde hair) is going to wear a bronze/gold dress. My bridesmaids are wearing champagne dresses and I think it looks beautiful!

I think if you do the same thing of staying in the same family as champagne with the kind of metallic colors it will look really pretty!

Good luck! I'm sure whatever you do will be beautiful!!

2dBride Posts : 158 Registered: 3/16/09
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: QTAlwys

Some brides want the MOB and MOG to coordinate with the wedding party, and some do not. When I got married the first time, my MIL kept asking me what my mother was wearing, so that they could coordinate. The problem was that my mother's attitude was more or less, "Oh, I'll wear a dress of some sort." I was finally able to persuade my MIL to just wear something she liked, and not worry about coordination.

Our wedding Web site and items for sale

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine