October 2010 Brides

Online Users: 1,290 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,708

waitingforOct30 Posts : 25 Registered: 12/22/09
Re: October 2010 Brides
Posted: May 24, 2010 9:10 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Hey Amanda-
Even though you may not get married at the Welcome to Vegas sigh, you can still go there all dressed up and take some really cool pictures there!!!! Or what about that hotel that has the springlers/waterfall splash up like every few seconds or so? IDK, never been there. But that would also be a pretty cool backdrop for photos.

Ugh...I haven't talked to the manager yet about feeding the photographers and the bands. Actually I forgot all about feeding them! I hope there's a much cheaper option to feed them because we have 5 band members and 2 photographers.

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: May 24, 2010 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Holy cow!! So last week (friday to be specific) I sent out my Save the Dates in which I listed my wedding website. Today I got my 1st online RSVP!!! I'm so stoked! lol

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: May 25, 2010 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: dodgercpkl

waiting- From what I've heard, most caterers and such do have a "vendor meal" that is cheaper. I hope yours does.

dodger- Yay for an RSVP already!!!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: May 25, 2010 8:22 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Amanda getting married at the motor speedway will be SO COOL!! It fits you guys perfectly since you said Eric races. I hope it's not too expensive and you guys book it. I'm excited for you :) I have seen some cute racing cake toppers online, maybe you can use something like that.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

dodgercpkl Posts : 130 Registered: 9/27/09
Posted: May 25, 2010 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Thanks Amanda! :)

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: May 25, 2010 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

agd1017

my hunny races dirt cars 2! Whar kind does he race?that would be cool to do it at the track

yea i don't think we r gonna do couples at the head table cuz we r puttin the table on the big stages by the movie screen so it would be to tight up there with everyone!!!! thanks yall!!!!!!!!!! im getting alot done gonna take our pics june 7th I CAN'T WAIT and the classic car junk yard is a GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then got to get our save the dates they have skulls on them soooo cute.....

Posted: May 25, 2010 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: greenandblack

greenandblack... Eric and his friends race just about everything. There are a couple that race stock cars, a couple that do late models, and several that do go karts And one does dwarf cars. I like the late models the best.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

1010VTbride Posts : 50 Registered: 5/24/09
Posted: May 25, 2010 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Hey guys, I just received our invitations that we ordered from a vendor on ebay, and they came out GREAT!! We got an awesome deal (they are very reasonable), and just wanted to give them a plug in case any of you are still researching where to buy invites. They are called Barron & Company and here is a link to their current auction http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Ribbon-Wedding-Invitation-Set-/220601542901?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335ce068f5 . We got this exact (with orange ribbon) invitation with reply cards and envelopes (both outer and inner) with printed return addresses for $189.00 for 100. We could have added the reception cards for $200 total (we didn't need them though). The quality is really stunning, and they were wonderful to deal with.

Just wanted to get this recommendation out in case any of you are still looking :)
wedding website

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: May 25, 2010 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

agd1017 he races limiteds dirt cars

annarebeccal Posts : 70 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: May 25, 2010 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I'm starting to think about how i'll be wearing my hair! here's my idea board! my fav is the top middle but i'd clean it up a bit and i'm blond so it will show a little more demension.

and i'll be wearing my sister's cathedral length veil...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/lildrummergirl6788/emsveil-1.jpg?t=1274822801http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/lildrummergirl6788/emsveil2-1.jpg?t=1274822856

any suggestions? what do you think? have you started thinking about this?

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: May 26, 2010 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: annarebeccal

Ooh...Anna: I love the second and third one. I'm brainstorming hair ideas as well. I'll probably be getting my hair and makeup trials done in august.

We recieved a wedding present in the mail today!!!! My aunt sent us the cheese tray and spreader we had picked out from bed bath and beyond. It was totally unexpected. I'm not sure if it's for the upcoming shower on June 12 (we haven't sent out invites yet though) or if it's a super early wedding gift. I'm sending a thank you note of course but should I wait until after the shower to see if she shows up for it with another gift?
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Posted: May 26, 2010 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca, I would send them a thank you note now, for this gift. If she does get you something else for the shower, send a note for that as well. How exciting to already be receiving wedding gifts!

The Las Vegas Speedway is a no-go, because there is already going to be a huge event going on there. So on to other options!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Posted: May 28, 2010 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

GUESS WHAT!?!!?

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: May 28, 2010 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

What?! Did you book a place to get married????

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: May 28, 2010 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Nope............ I am freakin PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Crap!!!!!! Total shock. I was talking to a friend yesterday, and mentioned that my period was about a week late, but because I've been so incredibly stressed due to my (supposed) upcoming surgery. I figured the stress was causing it to be late. Well my friend said she still had a pregnancy test left from when she found out she was pregnant, so I could take that. I figured, why not? I took it, looked at it, the second line didn't come up so I left it sitting on the tub ledge and walked out to the living room. I wasn't overly disappointed because I wasn't expecting it to be positive. Well then she went to the bathroom, and I was holding her baby. She came back to the living room and said, do you want me to take my baby back so you don't drop her? And I was like WHAT!?!!?

Sure enough... second line. Kinda faint, but definitely there. I freaked out! A little bit later last evening, Eric and I went to a clinic, because I just couldn't believe it. Again, faint but positive. Well then I started freaking out because I have had an ectopic pregnancy in the past and I almost died from it. So I spent most of today calling around, trying to get in to see someone to make sure it's not ectopic again. But no luck. :( I do have an appointment to have an u/s on Tuesday morning and maybe bloodwork.

Tonight I am at a friend's house and I just couldn't stand it anymore, I was so nervous about the pregnancy. So we went to Walgreens and bought two different kinds of pregnancy tests and both came up positive right away! One is digital and one is regular. Both were positive QUICK. So... I guess it's confirmed!!!!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Oh and PS... I am not posting anything on Facebook til we tell all the parents so if you are my friend on there, shhh! I will be announcing it on there soon.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine