How did you meet your FH?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 95

thelostiowan Posts : 1 Registered: 5/23/10
Re: How did you meet your FH?
Posted: May 23, 2010 8:32 PM Go to message in response to: Anna827

FH and I met at a bar through some mutual acquantances during my senior year of college. We didn't really talk that night, but the next week I was in need of a pool partner, he was there, and told him I'd buy him a drink if he would play. He did, and became my go to pool partner after that. I can't say it was love at first sight, or that I knew right away he would be the one as I kinda had my sights set on someone else at the time. The week before I moved back home after graduation I was at the bar, and realized I was disappointed he wasn't there. When I moved home, I found myself missing him more and more. As I was going back to the area for a visit that summer, I decided I needed to look him up on facebook. We began talking and went on our first date that summer, and were an offical couple just days later.

JessG6 Posts : 4 Registered: 5/20/10
Posted: May 24, 2010 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: thelostiowan

Match.com! Yes, I'm sersious I should be in their commercial. We went on a first date and then 2nd and just kept going out....

I was on 2 sites, I actually cancelled Match that week since I had gone out with about 4-5 guys with NO LUCK. My month still had time so he messaged me before it was totally cancelled and he had such a great smile, I thought, it couldnt be worse than the other dates.

Almost 2 years later, we are getting married!!! I always recommend dating sites.

Forever2 Posts : 9 Registered: 3/14/10
Posted: May 25, 2010 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: mochabeans

Wow! So many neat stories! Ours isn't super romantic, but it still is special to me :) my FH and I met at college. I had absolutely no intent on dating or finding a guy, I was quite adamant about that. Well, we were both freshmen, I had seen him at orientation, briefly talked in the mailroom, etc. but didn't really have any interest until registration day (about a week after I first met him). I, as always, was running late. So I practically had jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes and hurried over to registration. I really didn't know anybody, other than the other freshmen, so I walked into a room overflowing with people, and didn't really see anybody i knew. So I saw my FH, and asked him if anybody was sitting there, he said no and I was welcome to sit there. Well, I asked him about what we were supposed to do first, see first, etc. So he explained the process and went and got the papers I needed to fill out. I don't know why but i had this thought run through my mind that he is someone I could be interested in. I pushed the thought out of my mind telling myself, I wasn't wanting to get into a relationship and that was silly. Well, my FH told me later, he had the thought run through his mind that I was a girl he could see himself marrying, like I did, he pushed away the thought, as he was not wanting to get into a relationship as well.

We didn't talk alot at first, but we happen both to be a bit on the geeky side, so we started talking about schoolwork, comparing study guides, etc. Then he started coming to the school library when no one else was around and we would just talk and talk about everything. From the beginning of the school year until Christmas time, we just casually talked and would do stuff together as we hung out with the same group of friends. But we both acknowledge now that both of us were interested ever since registration day, although neither of us wanted to acknowledge it then.

During Christmas break, he started texting me, then eventually he was calling every night just to talk. That of course led to us eventually dating, getting engaged and we are getting married this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jojolina Posts : 897 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: May 25, 2010 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: Forever2

We also met online. I never in my wildest dreams thought i would find someone to marry, but there you go! We've been married for almost 3 years now. :)

www.mywedding.com/lorrieandchris

Noelene123 Posts : 19 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: mochabeans

I met my FH, in college. It was my third year and his first year. We were both Resident Assistants. We had common interests so during RA training we would hang out. Then one thing lead to another and our first real date was at an italian resurtant Grazies. Then he proposed to me on Dec 9th 2008. So we have been engaged now for 2years and the wedding is coming up in sept 2011.

angust87 Posts : 35 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Jul 13, 2010 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: Noelene123

We met through mutual friends. One of my good friends at work...her husband actually works with DF...he told him that he was looking for someone he could have a serious relationship with, that he was wanting to find someone to settle down with...I had actually told my friend the same thing. We were both sick of the random dating thing and wanted a serious relationship.
So, they decided that we would be great together. My friend sent him a picture of me and wanted him to send one of himself. Well a week had passed since we sent him my picture. I figured that he didn't like the picture or something so i just said to forget it. Well aparently his phone was acting up. He liked my picture and had been trying the whole week to send one of himself, but his phone wouldn't send it. So finally he got one to send. I just went crazy, I loved his picture and texted him to tell him that I had gotten it. We texted the rest of the day.
By the next day he surprised me and took me to lunch. We hit it off great and have spent every day together since then. He is my true soul mate and I don't know what I'd do without him. They couldn't have done a better job setting us up.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers save the date

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine