I KNOW he has it, I was there when he got it...

Online Users: 1,359 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

SpraypaintAndPe... Posts : 2 Registered: 2/1/10
I KNOW he has it, I was there when he got it...
Posted: May 20, 2010 6:47 PM

Okay, so here's the deal. I KNOW for a fact that he has the ring, because he made me go away in the store while he bought it and after about an hour he sent me a smiley face :). Cute, right? Cept it's been several months since this happened and he hasn't proposed yet. I'm going CRAZY! We have been dating for almost 6 years, starting in high school, and I'm about to graduate from college (he already has) so I am definitely ready to marry Travis, I just don't get why he hasn't proposed, or even asked my parents yet, when he know he has to. I have everything picked out and haven't really been up to showing him or asking him about it aside from casual conversations for fear of delaying the proposal further, haha. HELP! What do you think, will he propose soon?? What's he waiting for?

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: I KNOW he has it, I was there when he got it...
Posted: May 20, 2010 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: SpraypaintAndPe...

How the heck do we know, considering we dont know you or him at all.
The obvious thing to do here is TALK TO HIM. Hes your boyfriend right? Youve been together a long time, right? So talk to him. You dont even have to mention the ring, store thing. Just simply have a discussion about your relationship, and where its going, how its moving forward. Let him know "Hey its been 6 years, and I would like this to move forward, I see us getting married soon and Id like that to be the next step for us, and I just wanted to make sure we were both on the same page about that." Most couples talk about their futures and sort of figure out , at least vaguely, when they will get engaged. The when and where of it is the surprise...the proposal ... but to not discuss it first is kind of silly. Its your life. Dont sit around waiting for something to happen.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

LLAquarius Posts : 5 Registered: 3/9/10
Posted: May 21, 2010 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: SpraypaintAndPe...

I swear we are feeling the same exact thing at this very moment. I am in the same boat as you. My boyfriend bought my ring on valentines day (he took me as well but I picked it out!) and then he has only spoke about it a few times after that. its been three months since this has happened. I have tried so hard to stop thinking about it but obviously I can't. I have the same questions as you!! What the heck is making them wait?? Doesn't really make sense unless they have something up their sleeve. I really thought that 2 weeks ago he was going to do it as he took me to Capital Grille for dinner to celebrate out 4 year anniversary! But nope that wasn't it!!

Maybe they are waiting for the perfect moment??

lissagettingmar... Posts : 22 Registered: 5/29/10
Posted: May 29, 2010 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: SpraypaintAndPe...

Perhaps there is a special day that your FH wants to wait for. Maybe he is planning something special and elegant for the two of you. Maybe he needs the time to gear up his nerve. Maybe has already asked your parents and you just don't know it yet (after all, if he wants to surprise you, he'd get this taken care of already). There are tons of maybes...but I'm thinking that if he's already bought you a ring (assuming that he did - how do you know he didn't get you a nice birthday gift?) and it's way past the return date for it, he's going to propose, it's just about the when!

I know this is going to sound incredibly crazy but try to calm down and not to think about it. A watched pot never boils, as they say. The more you think about it and anticipate the longer it will seem, but if you put it out of your head and concentrate your energies on something else, it'll pop up before you know it. My fiance took me with him when he purchased the ring and taunted me with the box it for a week before he showed it to me and proposed.

SpraypaintAndPe... Posts : 2 Registered: 2/1/10
Posted: May 30, 2010 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: SpraypaintAndPe...

I'm really glad to know it worked out for you! I'm trying so hard to be patient, but I just can't stop thinking about it. We've talked about getting married for so long and I know it's coming, Im just impatient I guess, haha. Oh well, thanks for the advice ladies!!

MikaylaK Posts : 53 Registered: 5/23/10
Posted: May 31, 2010 8:37 AM Go to message in response to: SpraypaintAndPe...

Do you have any important dates coming up? Anniversary, when you met... things like that? Are you very close to graduate?

He might be waiting for one of those ;) make it extra special.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:54 AM Go to message in response to: SpraypaintAndPe...

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: SpraypaintAndPe...

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine