so hard to wait!!

Online Users: 1,321 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 1

futurenurse13 Posts : 3 Registered: 5/18/10
so hard to wait!!
Posted: May 18, 2010 2:59 PM

My boyfriend and I will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary on July 25th. Our son will be turning 2 on August 1st. My boyfriend has recently graduated from college and I plan to graduate from college in May 2013 or sooner. My bf turned 19 in March and I will be 21 in November. He knows that I would like to wait for a wedding until after I graduate and we both want a fall wedding, so I'm hoping for September or October of 2013. I had recently mentioned to him about getting a ring next year, and at first he said "not so fast" but then we talked a little bit more and he said "we'll see". I would want it at least by the end of November 2011. We are currently living at our own parents houses but plan to get our own place by September of this year. I think he wants to wait a while to see how our financial situation is, however I did tell him that I don't want anything big or real expensive. Any help or advice? I'm going to be in my cousin's wedding next September so I can't wait to start planning my own! Thanks!

time94am Posts : 42 Registered: 5/16/10
Re: so hard to wait!!
Posted: May 18, 2010 8:01 PM Go to message in response to: futurenurse13

Hi,

I know it's very difficult to wait when you're all ready to be engaged! However, and I'm sure you've heard this before, but your boyfriend is only 19, and the truth is that guys mature slower than gals. Many 19-year-olds really are not ready for marriage. I understand your eagerness, and especially since you've already had a baby, you're probably very ready for marriage.

However, when it is time for you to walk down the aisle, you want him to be confident of his decision. One thing that may turn him away a bit is any kind of pressure. Therefore, as hard as this is to do, I would ease off just a little bit and allow him to come to the decision by himself.

I know that isn't what you want to hear.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine