Eatable Fall Favors Ideas Needed

Online Users: 1,303 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Eatable Fall Favors Ideas Needed
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:33 AM

I've made up my mind that I want favors that people can eat. But I am stuck as to WHAT kind of food to give out as favors. I'm having a fall wedding so I was thinking apple fritters. But where in the world do I order that, the bakery? I don't want anything that's going to be pricey.

I was also thinking chocolate but some people may not like chocolate. I know I can't make everyone happy but I at least want something that many people can enjoy.

Any ideas on eatable favors? Thanks!

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: Eatable Fall Favors Ideas Needed
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Cheetah, one idea we were throwing around when we were still planning our wedding here at home, was apples. We thought about covering some with caramel, some with chocolate, etc. You could even let people dip their own and then have different extras available, such as nuts, sprinkles, etc.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:54 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

agd - I like your idea of the caramel apples - great way for it to be Fall themed and fun! I was originally planning on doing hot chocolate for ours. And there are some places online where you can personalize the hot chocolate tins/packets to have your names on it and your wedding date - very cute. Apple cider would would be another one that is food/Fall related - you could do both hot chocolate and apple cider? I think any food that has to do with apples or pumpkins or the like would be Fall themed.

(Incidentally, FH vetoed my favors idea and wants to do a donation to a favorite charity instead. Anytime he has an opinion on wedding stuff I do it since he hasn't been as involved in the details).

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: May 14, 2010 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

You could get sugar cookies that are iced to look like pumpkins, or leaves or iced with your monogram. A bakery near my house can put any picture that you give them onto a cookie but I don't know how much that would cost. You could buy some plain boxes and then order a few trays of assorted goodies from a bakery and then people could pick their favorite. You could pre-assemble the cookies (or muffins or whatever) and label each box or just let your venue set up a small display and everyone can help themselves.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 14, 2010 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Our wedding was in November, and we just did a candy bar. We bought some different types of candy (french burnt peanuts, orange jelly bellies, some different types of chocolate, among others) and filled them into inexpensive glass jars. Then we provided little sacks, and people just took the candy they wanted.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: May 14, 2010 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Well, fritters have to be eaten hot, so maybe notsomething for people to take home--but a great idea to go along with coffee at the end of your event, before people hit the road.

You could do take-home cupcakes, iced in fall colors. Pumpkin brownies travel well, as do cookies. Truffles (both white and dark chocolate) are tasty, and the non-chocolate lovers usually are OK with white chocolate. Sachets of apple cider mix are economical, as are spiced teas. Spices (whole cinnamon sticks or fresh nutmeg with a little grater) would be cute. Caramel apples are iffy for the older folks--don't want anyone losing a bridge in the caramel LOL!
myra@classysassyweddings.com

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: May 14, 2010 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: myras

what about those maple leaf candies?

http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Family-Farm-Maple-1-5-Ounce/dp/B000LKTEHE

Of course, I used the fine product by Hershey's.... Fall Mix (well, in addition to a CD)

Misty

waitingforOct30 Posts : 25 Registered: 12/22/09
Posted: May 18, 2010 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

You can do pumpkin spiced muffins, carrot cake muffins (they're fallish, I think), cello bags filled with candy corn with a decorate bow wrapped around them. I like the sugar cookie idea with a pumpkin piped on it...someone mentioned that. You can also give them coffee cake or crumb cake for something sweet they can have the next morning with their coffee.

Chocolate covered pretzels/nuts/apples. Maple candies...hmm. There's lots of things you can do.

HollyD Posts : 81 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: May 18, 2010 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: waitingforOct30

I saw on the internet (I don't remember where now) where a couple gave out small jars of apple butter as their favors. It was absolutely adorable! I think they said they got them at a local farmer's market!

Posted: May 19, 2010 7:10 AM Go to message in response to: HollyD

You could do pretzel rods dipped in chocolate and put each one in a cellophane bag. You could dye some white chocolate in your colors and then drizzle the colored chocolate on top of the regular chocolate to add a little something to it.

Posted: May 19, 2010 7:25 AM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

This is a cute idea-
donut1.jpg picture by Luca44

edible-autumn-wedding-favors-lg.jpg picture by Luca44

You could buy brown paper lunch bags and fill them with some apples and add a ribbon to the bag and a personalized sticker. You could also tuck a small apple recipe book into the top of the bag. I saw this favor somewhere online but now I can't find it. The bride printed up the little recipe books herself to save money.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: May 19, 2010 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

Thank you ladies for all of your wonderful ideas! I sure have a lot of thinking to do lol :)

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

MrsKG Posts : 115 Registered: 10/5/08
Posted: May 20, 2010 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Just to add my 2 cents... I got married last October, and we did the Carmel apple thing, and everyone loved it! They all kept saying how they have never seen that before! So of course I highy reccomend it!! :)

~Kristin 

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
--
Sam Keen
wedding widget

Formerly-FutureMrsGeorge

dogbride Posts : 41 Registered: 4/22/10
Posted: Aug 26, 2010 8:12 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We are getting married Oct, too. We are using Berger Cookies- a Baltimore favorite. They come in prepacked with 2 cookies and are sooooooo good! Since we are having MANY out-of-town guests, we thought they would like a regional treat.

Maybe there is something similar in your area?

http://bergercookies.com/

MKemp Posts : 8 Registered: 7/8/09
Posted: Sep 2, 2010 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

What about mini pies? If you used muffin tins they wouldn't be too small. You could even make different kinds. Of course if you have a 250 guest list that would be a lot of pies. I love the idea of the apples and I was going to do the candy red apples but it was going to cost way too much to do myself. An edible favour is definitly the way to go.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine