Another hair/ veil option....

Online Users: 1,233 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 3

Jabberwocky Posts : 6 Registered: 4/20/10
Another hair/ veil option....
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 10:19 AM

I'm not so into veils. I was very into the idea of a hair ornament, but lately I've been thinking of sort of a pearl (or flowers and pearls) scattered in hair thing. Like this:
http://www.beadnz.com/charis/79-193-thickbox/freshwater-pearl-drop-hair-pin-long.jpg

(sorry, the image posting isn't working for me). I think it's a nice way to incorporate pearls (traditional for brides, I guess? and it's sort of boho, in its way. My question is, how does one find pearls to use in one's hair? (Not real ones, obviously). Craft stores, maybe? I have an idea of not so much doing pearl pins as individual pearls, but how would one do that? Are pins unavoidable?

Edited by: Jabberwocky on Apr 26, 2010 10:20 AM

seedsngarlick Posts : 1 Registered: 5/9/10
Re: Another hair/ veil option....
Posted: May 9, 2010 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: Jabberwocky

You can find pearls at most bead shoppes that carry swarovski crystal beads. Swarovski does a line of pearl beads that are quite pretty and could probably be strung in hair using a bobby pin or jewelry wire

FmF Posts : 106 Registered: 8/19/09
Posted: May 14, 2010 1:18 AM Go to message in response to: Jabberwocky

ooooooooo I love that! Great idea! Sorry I have no clue how to go about it though. Let us know what you come up with!

Future Mrs. Fransen

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
--Unknown

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 6:03 AM Go to message in response to: Jabberwocky

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45682.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine