Brides Biggest Loser Competition

Online Users: 1,265 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 171

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: May 11, 2010 8:24 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kenneys & Care way to go!

Yesterday wasn't the greatest day. AF is here so I feel like crap. Ate a big hunk of steak pie and 2 butter tarts for supper. And the Bruin's lost again, and worse, Montreal won.

Today's not looking much better.....Is it time for bed yet??????
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 11, 2010 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Oh, my poor Hans. I hope AF leaves you alone. The Bruins win and Montreal losses. I hope you have a better day today.

So far today has been interesting. I have been bombarded with work and it looks like there will be more. My co-workers are not in so all of their work is falling on me.

Kelley I hope you can work out some kind of system so you can get in all your points and still live your life. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 11, 2010 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

OK, a bit better with point, 21, but no weight loss. 156.

This week? Probably be the week I lose, probably very few points. I don't know, we will see. It isn't starting out well though! Back to work, hope you all have great weeks, and hope I have time saturday to catch up on reading all the posts!!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: May 11, 2010 6:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

I'm sorry MrsHF but I hope the Bruins go down cause I'm the biggest Sabres fan and they eliminated us in the first round although I don't want Montreal to win either.

Posted: May 12, 2010 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

Thanks for the well wishes Kenneys - you're the best!

Yah, first round was a whole bunch of upsets wasn't it? Actually, if they hadn't been playing Bruins, I would have been rooting for the Sabres too. I personally don't have anything against Montreal, but Boston does so I guess I'm automatically supposed to hate them. lol

Yesterday was another smashing day. I was so tired and felt yucky. Did ok for food at work, but last night after dinner I had 3 pillsbury cinnamon rolls (the small ones, not the grands) and a butter tart. And half a peanut butter and honey sandwich. If there would have been more food there I would have eaten it. Fortunately today I don't have the need to eat feeling.

Not doing so well on the points either this week. My best friend is at a conference so it makes it a million times harder to lift my butt off the chair to go for walks. And the weather has been cold and rainy so that doesn't help either.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 12, 2010 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Not doing that great this week here, either. Forced myself into the gym yesterday after work and will force myself there again today. Motivation? Tight pants. These are my fat pants and they are tight so I must go to gym.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 12, 2010 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Good morning ladies!!

Sounds like everyone is having a crappy week! That sucks!

For me the week isn't going to bad, just retardidly long. Then again it could be because my mind is already on vacation.......I got up and exercised Monday and Tuesday...I didn't today, but I workd almost 15 hours yesterday, got home way after my bedtime, and over slept this morning. Now its cold and snowy, so a long walk with the dog is out of the question. But I will try and do my treadmill when I get home from work. I am doing decent on food though!!

So I still need points from:
Brighter- Both weeks
FMF- Both weeks
Kellyheartsjeff- Both weeks
Lilroo- This week
and Lin-This week

Points in order this week are:
Juju in 1st with 23.5 points
Kenny's in 2nd with 22.5 points
Cyndi and I are tied for 3rd with 21 points
Kelly is 4th with 17 points
Hans is in 5th with 16 points
Rebecca is in 6th with 15 points
and MsD is in 7th with 8.5 points

Weight in order is:
Hans with a 3 pound loss at 1.79% lost from last week
I am in 2nd with a 2 pound loss and 0.89% lost from last week
Cyndi, Kelly, Juju, and Rebecca are tied for 3rd with no loss
and MsD is in 4th with a 1 pound gain.

Come on ladies!! I know we can do better than this!!!! We have 2.5 weeks left!!

Posted: May 12, 2010 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Good Morning Ladies,

Nessa I think you forget me in the weight loss section. Way to go ladies, Keep working it should get better. I am on a natural high right now. Things have finally started to turn around. It shouldn't be long before everything is back in place.

I hope the rest of the week is better for everyone.

Have a great day.

wedding websites

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: May 12, 2010 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Sorry I'm late. I lost another 2 pounds--yay me. I had 16 points for the week.

Sorry I haven't been here much. It has been a crazy week for me, as my facebook friends may have seen.

Kenneys--you have done so awesome in the time I've "known" you. You are inspiring me. :)

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 13, 2010 11:05 AM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Kenny's~ I am so sorry, I guess thats what I get for doing 5 things at once!! You are tied in first with Hans!!

LilRoo that puts you in 5th place for points, and tied for second with me, with 2 pounds lost and a percentage of .71% lost since last week!!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 13, 2010 7:32 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

So congrats to everyone who lost weight, and to those of you who are maintaining so well.
Im really doing poorly and Ive started to really crave carbs like you cant believe. I dont know HOW to stop eating them so much, I just feel like potatoes, hash browns, french fries, and anyhting involving gravy or carbs OR sugar/cupcakes etc, just calls to me and the craving doesnt stop until I eat what I am craving. What do I do to stop the horrible cravings and to stop eating sooo badly? And so MUCH? I have such a huge appetitie, the serving sizes are a joke to me. I guess I need to train my stomach to eat less, but I can go to a restaurant, eat appetizers, soup, an entree, and dessert and Im still not full. Well Im full, but it takes ALL THAT for me to feel full. Whenever people dont get dessert cuz theyre too full, Im always confused, like really? Youre full? Im still hungry. Does anything else have this issue?

MrsH I think it was, what on earth is steak pie? LOL. that sounds soooo gross. Is that anthing like mince meat pie, which makes me wanna puke too lol.

Kennys, I know, I need to get on a schedule and find a middle ground, but the problem is this: I HAVE NO SCHEDULE. In a few short months, Ive gone from being a part time adjunct professor who had comedy gigs here and there...... to a full fledged working comedian who has a teaching job on the side! This is EXCELLENT news for my career. Im slowly getting more paid gigs, and will even be traveling a bit in June and July. BUT, I have the most bizarre shedule on earth now, and it is NEVER THE SAME day to day, week to week, and my eating and sleeping is totally OFF. This combined with my husand working overnights and us sharing a car, so sometimes in order for me to do a gig, I have to bring him to work, pick him up....etc.... eating well is soooo tough.....here is what my day is like tomororw into Saturday, just to give you all an example, and again, EACH DAY is totally different because I still have 3 different jobs and weird time off and I cant afford to leave any of them yet.

Friday: (tomororw)

up at 5am, pick up hubs @his job 6am , drive him home
6:30am try to nap for 2hours or so
8:30am get up again, working Whole Foods demo 10-4pm
4pm drive home
4:30pm bring hubs BACK to work for his overnight shift so I can have the car tomorow night
5:15ish pm get back home ,change, get ready to leave again, hopefully eat something
7pm head out w/car for my New Jersey standup gig
11pm ish drive back home, home at 1130pm or so, I KNOW Ill be starving
try to sleep by 1am

Saturday

up at 5am again , pick up hubs at 630am
bring hubs home so he can sleep, then drive 30min to diner for breakfast meeting with manager
home by 11am or so, hopefully sleep though I can never sleep during day even when Im tired
grade more student projects, papers,for end of semester
2pm take bus into city for audition for comedy festival, followed by Gotham show at 6pm
8pm Gotham show ends, take cab downtown for late show spot at Comix 10pm
(prob hang with a comedian firend in btween and get coffee, food to waste time)
get home maybe 2am-ish

So, this is just a two day example of how its been. In comedy world, late shows are what you WANT, because they are the paid gigs and the seasoned comics get asked to perform later at night, so its great, but bad for my diet and health and exercise, because btween this NUTSO schedule and hubs and I sharing the car, Its almost impossible to find times to go to the gym now because I either dont have the car OR Its a day where I got home the night before at 3am OR had to get up at 5 to get hubs, so im EXHAUSTED and using the daytime hours to sleep. So Im tired as hell because Im not sleepin normal and not getting enough sleep.....and tired because Im not working out, but not working out because Im so tired. AND eating like crap because Im spending a lot more time in late night pubs, diners, etc with other comics....again, good for the career, bad for me. I have terrible control, especially when Im starving and craving chicken fingers at 1am and the club is saying I can have them for free cuz Im a paid comic.

So, yes, I need to get used to this new lifestyle somehow, but its SO TOUGH I gotta tell ya. I just know that I feel like crap, Im way too tired, and I need to fit workouts back into my life somehow. But looking at my scheudle right now, I dont know where. And I looove to swim so I want to keep going to the gym and doing that. I guess Im going to have to do it on NO sleep some days. Its just tough as shit to make myself do this!!!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: May 14, 2010 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks Kenneys - now you got everyone calling me Hans LOL! jk, you know I love ya!

Kelley, no, mince meat is disgusting and I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Steak pie Mmmmmmm. It would cure you're cravings all in one fell swoop. It is chunks o steak (ok that did sound a little gross haha) in gravy (more of a thick beef stew gravy) in a pie crust. Ok nevermind, it's kind of like a pot pie. But better than a pot pie. It usually only has one or two ingredients, like steak and onion, steak and mushroom, steak and potato (but don't ask me to ever eat steak and kidney though-barf). And it's not that tough gristley beef crap that comes in commercial pies, it's good cuts of beef. Anyhow it's good (well I like it)

Yesterday was an ok day for eating, stayed within my points. The day before I gave in to the craving a had a big chocolate glazed donut with crunchy little sprinkles on top. Of course it was the biggest one with the most glaze and sprinkles. Go big or go home, isn't that the saying?

Debating whether or not to take the afternoon off. Pretty much done everything I have at work, but don't know if I feel like using a half day vacation. And I'm probably going to want to take next Friday off since it's the long weekend. I don't know, I guess I'll have to see.

Ok here is a rant (ok, more just a mocking) that I just have to share because some people should not be let near a computer when they know NOTHING about what they are reviewing. I know at least some of you will remember the Twilight Zone movie - you know the 4 short stories, John Lithgow, the airplane. the freaky rabbit coming out of the hat etc. etc. etc. So the trailer if you remember gives absolutely no indication about what's to come in the movie, it's pretty much the do do do do, do do do do music. So pretty much all the reviews are just like what is this movie? The preview sucks blah blah, and then the people who actually saw it are like this is a great movies blah blah. So anyhow, this is an review someone did on the movie who obviously never watched it, and I probably have socks older than her. I just found it incredible funny. And I'm typing it exactly how she has it. It is titled UMMMM.... huh ?

what ? great preview..... IT TOLD ME NOTHING ! but i do know what it is about. it is about this elavator that breaks and these stange peps die on it. it is really cool. cuz in Disney World there is this whole ride on it where you are on that elavator. It is pretty frikin skary

Seriously this makes me want to laugh and cry all at the same time (or maybe just cry from laughing too hard). I think the part that gets me the most is that you are on THAT elavator. I can just see her emphasizing it - not just any elavator, That one. I will not even mention the atrocious spelling and lack of capitalization.

Ok, I have to go now because I am actually crying. The tears are not rolling down my face, so I won't be leaving the boards, but yes, there are tears. LOL

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: May 14, 2010 10:10 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Hey Ladies,

Sorry about not posting the last 2 weeks!

I am away and didn't realize I would pretty much have NO access to the internet!

I see that some of you have lost some weight, congrats!

Hopefully there will be a Brides Biggest Loser Competition 2! I won't be on regularly until August.

I will try to be thinner by the next time I post.

Best of Luck!

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 14, 2010 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Kelley, when I'm tired, that's when I crave carbs the most, so that's probably what you're dealing with here. You're going to have to find a way to not be so hungry all the time. . .You need to constantly be eating healthy foods, that's the only way you'll not eat the bad ones. I think that's your best option. You need one of those trips to Costco!

As for me, y'all, I'm doing well. Working out, getting sore, eating fruits and veggies. I've finally decided on what my reward is. . there's this necklace I've been wanting for several years, and I'm giving myself permission to buy it mid-July, provided I've lost 10 lbs, so at 145. I'm at 153 now.

Laters-

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Posted: May 14, 2010 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, I understand your frustration if that was my schedule I would go nuts. I saw a special on PBS during one of their pledge drives which was talking about D.I.E.T. F.R.E.E. living. It is basically based on a formula that allows you to incorporate different things in your life that will help with your weight loss. I don't remember what the letters mean but there is a book by this woman called Water wth Lemon. It describes the lifestyle plan.

One of the things I do remember her saying is to curb you sweet tooth eat a piece of fruit and drink a glass of water every four hours while you are awake, there was a lot of other things too but that is the one that sticks out for me. It does two things first of all you are hydrated and secondly the fruit is better for you than the carbs or sweets that you are craving.

Anyway I am recommending everyone at least check out the book. I looked at it online and I will be ordering it for myself. From what I saw of her lecture the information in the book will be very helpful to us all.

Sorry Hans you know I just love that name. It just seems to fit you so well. Funny that all the time that I have called you that name this is the first time anybody else picked up on it.

Have a great day and a great weekend ladies.

wedding websites

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine