New Year's Eve Wedding

Online Users: 1,337 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

BabySquirrel Posts : 1 Registered: 5/4/10
New Year's Eve Wedding
Posted: May 4, 2010 8:24 PM

Looking to get married 12.31.2011.
Needing help and tips for a swanky, ritzy, elegant New Year's Eve wedding.
Looking for a traditional ceremony with a fun, lounge feel during the reception.
The dress is fitted lace with lots of beading/crystals on it. Very sparkly for the candlelight ceremony.
Not sure if I want all white with silver or black and white with silver.
HELP!!

Any and all tips appreciated!

Edited by: BabySquirrel on May 4, 2010 8:24 PM

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: New Year's Eve Wedding
Posted: May 5, 2010 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: BabySquirrel

If you want pictures of this type of affair, just contact me through my website and I will be happy to send you a stack of them.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: May 5, 2010 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: BabySquirrel

You can go to Google and then click on Images at the top, and then type in keywords such as New Years Eve wedding, candlelight ceremony, etc. This will yield you tons of photo results. Other than that, did you have a specific question?

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Posted: May 11, 2010 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: BabySquirrel

definately put some silver in there. It could also be a chic cocktail reception or some hourduves and drinks(non alcoholic). I think it would be cute to leave right after midnight. Try to stick to a romantic and/or modern theme to match the night. Good Luck!

MirraUnwin Posts : 33 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: May 12, 2010 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: BabySquirrel

Good choice of the date! From a guest's perspective, what better party to attend than a wedding reception? People are going to be coming to your wedding to support you, but also hoping to not miss out on what they might be doing otherwise on the holiday. If you have not yet chose your venue, consider the mood you're looking for when you're looking for the reception site. You want the room to give off the vibe before you even have to worry about tressing it up to represent the New Year. Your color scheme sounds great for the occasion. Places to look for little items: Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and online, like OrientalTrading.com. As I tend to say, check Martha Stewart Weddings website because she keeps a lot of her old articles on there, that might cover your theme. Cood luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine