May 2010 Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 694

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Re: May 2010 Brides!
Posted: May 7, 2010 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Anxiously waiting over here too starfish!! You've got us intrigued I cant even imagine what horrible thing happened to you lol. I cant believe you're married - I cant WAIT to be able to say that too :)

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: May 7, 2010 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

HEY LADIES! I'ze married now! LOL for those of you who know the color purple movie! Let me just say that being married is great...wonderful beyond words and I can't wait until each and every one of you have made it official! Most everything went as planned...a few bloopers and temper tantrums from the flower girl, but overall a SUCCESS! My best advice for all brides to be is to make sure you have PLENTY of HELP! You cannot take care of much at all the day of and if you have family coming in for the celebration, you will not want to spend your time decorating, making favors, or any of that! Thank God I planned a year in advance...otherwise I would have been stressed to the core! I am going to attempt to post some pics! I am so happy...actually that is an understatement! Enjoy ladies!

To see more pics and clearer ones follow this link to my album...
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/linkywinkugal/Wedding/

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: May 8, 2010 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

I am back ladybugs! HA! How ironic its AFTER the wedding, but I had to get my grind on to ensure I was doing NOTHING the week of the wedding. I did absolutely NOTHING, ya hear me?! I'm so excited catching up on all of your posts...everyone's excitement is building around May 15th and May 22nd! Heck, someone is prolly getting married TODAY! I loved it enough to do it ALLLL OVER AGAIN! You guys will have the time of your life. Here are few key points that you have heard over and over but REALLY are true...

Don't sweat the small stuff Everything you are worrying about right now will matter very little if its not one of the 'main details'. My precious little bird seed favors that took me FOREVER to make...yeah...they were not even handed out b/c I put them in damask print boxes and the greeters FORGOT what was in them and used the boxes for decoration! HA! The flower girl started crying half way down the aisle and threw down ONE handful of flowers...The aisle runner got stuck half way down the aisle (and my MIL saved the day with a pair of scissors that was in her purse <--who does that???)

EAT BREAKFAST You will be starving by the time the reception starts! That is unless you are getting married at some weird hour in the day...it took me an HOUR to eat a small plate of food! Everyone wants to come talk to you guys, take pics, socialize...its really hard to eat. OH! And make sure your caterer knows what to do with your leftovers. DISCUSS this with them, otherwise, they will do whatever they want to with the food YOU PAID FOR. I could have strangled my caterer but I let it go...

SMILE! A LOTTTTT! You will hate the sight of a camera after the reception. Everyone and their mommas had a camera and needed to take a picture with you...and would piggy-back off of someone else's pictures ("okay look this way, now over here, one more!")

Remember, no one knows how the show is supposed to run but you and the people who are helping to run it! Utilize all friends and family who are willing to help make things run smoothly! ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF IT because one year of planning versus one day of celebrating makes for a VERY FAST DAY! LOL! I wish the very best for all of you and hope that this helps someone! If you are within two weeks of your wedding or less, go ahead and stop worrying/ stressing and start preparing yourselves for the TIME OF YOUR LIFE! I had a blast! More pix to come boos!

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: May 9, 2010 1:54 AM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Toy, i'm so glad that you had a wonderful wedding. I'm taking your advice to heart. I can't wait for a week from today! Some of my family is already at my parents' house. And we get in on Monday night. YIPPIE.

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: May 10, 2010 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Oh my god, I'm so excited...I'm so excited...I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Yaaay!

Toy, I'm so glad you had a great day! You're a very beautiful bride, I'm sure your HUSBAND was thrilled beyond words :o)

Guess what I noticed this morning? When my milk expires, I'm be married! Haha!

So the votive candles we ordered for the wedding, yeah they're HUGE and we cannot use them. Ehh, okay breathe right? So I went to The Christmas Tree Shoppe and found some for $.39 each! What?! Why we didn't go there first, I have no idea. If you've never been, search for one...you won't be disappointed, in fact, you might spend every dollar you have in there! LOL

Otherwise, I think we're okay. I still have to do the programs, but that's really just a matter of taking the information we already know and putting in on paper...DIY, easy peasy. Ummmm and I need to confirm with the vendors for the times and such. Crap, I also have to get the ribbon and flowers for the cake and remove the little $.39 price tags from the candles I just bought. Ehhh, whatever it'll all get done. I'm not going to stress because this time next week I'll be on my honeymoon, with my husband...hehe, I love it!

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: May 10, 2010 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: TheeBride

YAY for 5-15 almost here! I leave today for California. My mother keeps sending me emails "what about this" "what about that" blah blah. She's being super helpful, but I think she's stressed. So I (hope) that she'll be more relaxed once i'm out there.

YIPPIE!

Love about the milk!

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: May 10, 2010 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Toy!! You looked amazing! I'm so happy to hear about everything! It's so exciting!!!

5 more days!!! I know at least 2 other girls who are waiting for the 15th!

TheeBride- My FH noticed that too! He went to grab milk and the expiration date was the 17th. He made a point to show me we'll be married before our milk expires lol

It's my birthday today! I had to throw that in, I'm super excited, mostly though because it's only 5 days till the wedding.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Jnikki Posts : 42 Registered: 11/2/08
Posted: May 10, 2010 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

ToyToy, hey girl!!! You were a beautiful bride, gorgeous! Thanks for the advice, I can use all of it right now.

5/15 ladies.....grind time!! 5 days to go. FutureMrsKlein, soon it will just be MrsKlein, LOL. BriansAz and TheeBride your time is near too. Good luck ladies, I know all your planning will pay off. I'm sure you all will be beautiful brides. I'm excited for you chicas.

Congrats to all the 5/8 brides! Pictures when you can (if your not on honeymoons).

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" Matthew 19:6   Jamie and Bryan 5-22-10

Posted: May 10, 2010 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: Jnikki

BTW: Ladies I thought I would give you an update on the crazy week I had last week:
1.) I replaced my best friend with my cousin. The seamstress who made their dresses, happens to be my mom's best friend and my cousin is smaller than my friend, so she just had to take it in.

2.) I found a salon that specialized in natural African-American hair. The owner said she will take me. Bad news is, I've never seen her, and I will only have 2 days before the wedding for her to experiment. I'm just praying this one works out. But at least I found someone to do it for me.

3.) My FH's cousin is going to replace our singer. FH and I decided this is better anyway because we have more family involved in the wedding. We're actually happy with this outcome (and the girl can blow!! She's awseome!)

I guess I should be okay. And I just wanted you ladies coming up this weekend to see that things will go wrong (including on the day I'm sure) but things will workout, just stay calm.

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" Matthew 19:6   Jamie and Bryan 5-22-10

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: May 11, 2010 1:25 AM Go to message in response to: Jnikki

Hey ladies.... I am on the most amazing honeymoon ever (my Dh in in the shower so I am taking a break from tanning to check the post). Anyway the thing that happened.... I will tell the whole story latter but to sum it up.... I asked my college Rabbi to officiate the wedding way back in April of LAST YEAR, I was sure to ask 'can you officiate weddings in DC, he said 'of course', this topic came up at least two other times that i remember. Anyway, I go, I get the license, ever thing is great until wedding day when 30 min before the wedding he tells DH 'Oh I have never seen a DC license before I did not know you had to be registered to marry someone here'. DH decided not to freak me out as there was nothing to be done about it that close to the wedding..... So our wedding was not legal!!!! It gets worse but I will just sum it up that we go married legally in my mom's living room a few days latter..... Insane.

I will tell the whole story latter... For not time to enjoy my DH!!!!!!
wedding tickers

Posted: May 11, 2010 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Hey ladies, super quick, emergency, can I see some day of timelines? I'm having severe issues with mine for some reason. It just doesn't look right. Please help me!

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Posted: May 12, 2010 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Starfish- thats crazy! You'll have to tell us the long version when you get back!

So ladies I think I narrowed down my timeline. Tell me what you think.

5:30 PM

Prelude music begins

5:55 PM

Attendants lines up for procession

6:00 PM

Groom walks in

6:02 PM

Parents march up aisle

6:03 PM

Wedding party marches up aisle

6:04-6:30 PM

Ceremony

6:30 PM

Wedding party marches down aisle

6:30 PM

Post-ceremony photos taken

6:45 PM

Hors d'oeuvres served

7:31 PM

DJ announces entrance of wedding party

7:32 PM

First dance

7:35 PM

Guests are seated and buffet is opened

8:30 PM

Toasts are given

8:45 PM

Cake-cutting ceremony

9:00 PM

Traditional Dances (father-daughter, mother-son)

9:30 PM

Open Dance floor for all guests

10:00 PM

Bride tosses bouquet to single women

10:05 PM

Groom removes garter from bride's leg

10:30 PM

Distribute bubbles to toss over couple

10:45 PM

Bride and Groom make grand exit

For some reason the spacing is off... sorry!

Posted: May 14, 2010 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Hi,

FutureMrsKlein, BrianAZ, TheeBride, and all the other 5-15-10 ladies....I hope you have an amazing day tomorrow!!! I know all of your work will pay off. Enjoy your special day ladies, so happy for you.

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: May 16, 2010 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: Jnikki

Just popping in real quick to say congratulations to all the new WIVES on here!!!!! Its been awesome talking wedding things with all of you and now I cant wait to hear allll about the amazing day and amazing new life you are all living :) Can you believe allll the planning that you guys did and work you put into each detail of the day will be the one day thats gonna flash by?? I am so jelous!lol I have been doing like 4 weddings a day for this whole weekend (makeup) and some of them were getting me SO emotional with mine getting so close!! It was so hard to keep the waterworks off while working on clients!! They were all understanding though :)

Toy girly you looked AMAZING. SOOOOOOOOOOO happy with that little peaceful look in your eyes :) super cute! And Im glad you ddint sell that dress!!! it fit like a glove!! And it sounds like married life is working out nicely for you too! :P Whats the best part??

Jnikki you're next!! (and Im so relieved for you to hear that you got everything worked out and some for the BETTER because you really hit a rough spot for a sec there!)

Ill keep checking here to see pics and such but I am actually shooting for having nothing but MOVING to do the week before my wedding so I gotta keep things moving along here!!

Posted: May 18, 2010 1:19 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Hello ladies! We are back in Hawaii and tomorrow leave for China! The wedding was amazing. Everything really went off without a hitch. The biggest issue was .....well there weren't any. It was wonderful. My SIL was a pain in the arse and actually made the end of the wedding day a bit bad for my Hubby, but we are working through that. I'll tell you the story when I get back from China.

Anyway....congrats to all the other 5-15 ladies. It does feel nice to see the band on my finger and hubby's finger.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine