What got you motivated?

Online Users: 1,277 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,114

Sunshine80 Posts : 136 Registered: 8/8/08
Re: What got you motivated?
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 11:56 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Hi Girls!

Thanks for the warm welcome back :) It's good to be back! Kens, as far as the emotional stuff I was going through, it wasn't stress about the wedding details or family or anything about FH, just other life stuff of my own that came to a head around that time. Anyway, the wedding was wonderful and such a celebration, it was amazing. I will def share details, pics, etc with all of you in the weeks to come!

BUT, for the time being, I am here to stay on track and motivate so for right now this is just a quick check in. It's almost midnight so I need to head to bed in a few minutes, but wanted to post to maintain consistency. I have been back on a good track with both eating and exercising for 3 days- for me, 3 is the magic number. If I get off track, all I need is to be consistent and really healthy with my food and exercise choices for 3 days IN A ROW, and then I feel back on track. My problem lately has been that every few days a slip-up day happens, and then I feel stuck in that same rut. BUT, this is the end of day 3, so I am feeling good and back on it. Being this way comes much more naturally to me and feels like the "real me", so I am relieved to be back :) Friday, I went for an hour long walk with DH (an hour at least, it may have been longer), Monday I went on an hour long fast walk by myself incorporating lots of hills, and tonight I did something totally different for me and in part inspired by Ashley's comment on this thread- I ran up and down the 6 flights of stairs in my building for 20 minutes straight, no breaks! Now, I was thinking "Hmm, 20 minutes, is that going to feel like enough of a workout?" UM, YEAH! First of all, the stairs in my building are spiral, and outdoors (in NYC in December, hello winter air!), and there are 6 flights. So when you start at the bottom and have to run up 6 flights of stairs before you can turn and run back down again, and then start all over, yeah, it's intense. Afterwards I felt a little like I wanted to puke but was also really proud of myself for accepting my own challenge. I did this at 7:30 at night when it was totally dark outside and DH was inside eating dinner, so it def took some get-up-and-go to do it! I have also eaten really healthy all three days and very much in keeping with the way I like to eat that works for me, so that feels good and like business is back to usual.

So that's it girls! I am sorry some of you are feeling sick and have various injuries (Kens) and punishing schedules (FMS); but way to go all of you for sticking with your guns anyway! I was sick over the weekend, no fun. I took lots of vitamins and got lots of rest, that helped. I am proud of everyone amping up their efforts with the holiday coming around the bend, let's keep it up! No reason to let a festive time of year ruin all our hard work. Tomorrow night I have a bday party for a girlfriend at a french restaurant that serves cheese and chocolate fondue, that's what all my friends get- fondue, bread, escargot dripping in butter. As for me, the fact that I don't eat cheese saves me big time- I'll be dining on one of their light and delicious dinner omelets packed with veggies and a little salad on the side!

More soon....keep up the good work everyone!

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

OH YAY!! My pic of me in my wedding dress is showing up now! It wasn't at first. Well that's the first one of more to come, me on the dancefloor in my gown! I LOOOOVED that dress :)

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Sun I am so glad the wedding and honeymoon was fantastic! Post pictures asap!!!

As for me I am back in the gym this week. I ran this morning and did the elliptical and I am already feeling sore! Tomorrow I am planning to do weights for 30-45 minutes and then cardio for whatever time I have left over. Hopefully the fat will start melting away! I feel like a butterball turkey!

I hope you all had a good monday!
wedding website

ICEStandard Posts : 34 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 7:32 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I was 30 pounds overweight when I got engaged. I knew I did not have a lot of time to lose the weight. What got me motivated was seeing the dresses and trying them on. Also the pictures in the magazines. I started my diet and started working out that day. I stuck to a diet that was 1200 calories and worked out three times a week. The hardest part was starting it, but once I started to feel better and saw that I was losing weight, it kept me motivated. Good Luck and Congratulations.

www.icestandard.org

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: ICEStandard

Hey Girls!

Just a quick check in. Things are going ok....I have been busier than usual, workwise, which is great. As for health stuff, well.......I was doing so well all last week, SO well, working out everyday and eating both very healthy and within my calories- until I sprained my ankle late in the week- it was the result of running up and down those stupid stairs! As I mentioned our stairs are spiral in shape, and I ran up and down 6 flights of them for 20 minutes, it was just too much for my ankle. Anyway, the sprain left me unable to walk or put weight on my foot, thus housebound for 3 days. Out of boredom and frustration, I succumbed to the "feeling sorry for myself" trap and made very poor food choices for about 2 days; and had too much of them! Anyway, important thing is, I felt better in time to go out dancing for my friend's 30th birthday on Saturday night and had the BEST time out with DH and all our friends, and by Sunday I was back on track. I know I went over my ideal amount of calories Sunday and Monday, but I chose healthy foods and kept in line with my normal healthy eating plan, so I was ok with it. I still can't work out because of the ankle, but I know for me it always has much more to do with the eating, so yesterday I ate really well too and I'm just going to stick with that. When I can safely work out again, I will, but I am not going to do the stairs again. I do better with my normal routine of long fast walking, yoga, and weights.

Anyway, I "feel" back to normal today after feeling bloated and gross after several days of being horizontal on the couch and overindulging in food, so that's good- we leave for Ireland a week from today, and I know I won't have lost the weight I was originally hoping for, but if I can still be at my pre-and post- wedding lowest, that'll be enough for me.

Hope everything's going well for you girls and hope to hear from everyone soon!

Woodglen Posts : 4 Registered: 12/7/09
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Okay, my wedding is April 24, 2010 and i need to lose some weight, not a lot of weight just a couple of pounds but I would also like to start getting in shape for good and start being healthy so I can live a healthier, longer life, but I lack motivation. You would think wanting to look good on my big day would be enough, but it's not. I work everyday from 10-3pm, I have nothing else to do but yet I lack that urge to get up and run or workout. Does anyone have any suggestion or advice on how to get motivated and how to get on a healthy diet. I would appreciate it.
Cool april 24th.

MrsMills2b Posts : 1 Registered: 11/1/09
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: Woodglen

Hello everyone,
I am getting married in May and really need to get motivated and find ways to get things in order before the wedding day. I don't really want to lose much weight, just would like to tone up my arms and of course lose my belly fat. I have had two sons, which shows in my tummy . But I am really trying to start working hard starting Jan 1st to get things going. I work everyday mon-fri from 8-4:30 and am also attending college part-time. Most of my classes are online, which allow me some time to work out and tend to the kids also. Any suggestions would be nice? I do have free gym access at work, and open to suggestions to make this workout regime work.

wedding ticker

HappyBride2Be2011 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 8:35 PM Go to message in response to: ICEStandard

Hi Everyone! I'm a brand new member! My honey proposed to me 11/20/09 so I'm newly engaged and have just a little over a year before my wedding day!..I need to lose about 25 pounds myself! I haven't tried any dresses on yet but i'm sure I would probably be motivated by that!...will keep you posted on progress!

Good luck to everyone!

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 8:34 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Where are all my girls????

Proud Member of P.O.O.P  -  People Offended by Offended People

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Hi again, Kens : )

Our thread is officially abandoned : (

I stopped coming around after I moved, got a new position at work, and had all sorts of things going on. Also, I spend time on FB more now. But now that the wedding is back on and I'm in full swing wedding planning, I'll be around more. Let's see if anyone else comes back.

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: May 9, 2010 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Muffin and Sun- I sent you private messages!

tinaitsrano Posts : 1 Registered: 5/22/10
Posted: May 22, 2010 9:42 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

My best friend recently lost a lot of weight, I mean a LOT of weight. For the past 20 years or so, I've always been a little chubby but after seeing her do that, it inspired me to take matters into my own hands.

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: tinaitsrano

SUN: on the off chance you check this, me and the girls are doing the same type of check-in in a private facebook group. If you're still alive and want in, let me know! we miss you!!!

Noelene123 Posts : 19 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Hi,
I having that problem as well. I'm paying for a gym membership, doing weight watchers and still not motivated to stick with it. At first my fiacnee was going to help me.By doing it with me but he now works a normal shift during the day, so he is sleeping when I get home from work. And I can't go to the gym because its under his name. I was just his guest. I know we need to switch the name over and I would be a bit more motivated but I can't seem to get him going on it. Also its hard to have a night job because I go to bed then at 8am and wake up by 4pm.
So I try to read tips on lossing weight and I can't find one that is tailored to someone who has a night jobs. I'm confused on when I should eat and when i shouldn't because my normal breakfast is at like 5 or 6pm. my lunch is at 10pm and my dinner is at 2am. Then i go to bed at 8am or earlier. So i need help any guidance from someone else who also has a night job and trying to loose weight?

beachgal2004 Posts : 80 Registered: 2/6/07
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 8:09 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

My fiance is the one telling me to get my ass up and try walking.

:) love ya

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine