Brides Biggest Loser Competition

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 171

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Re: Brides Biggest Loser Competition
Posted: May 5, 2010 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Nessa,
I got zero points & zero for weight lost for last week.....as I just joined towards the end of the week.

I got back into my exercise routine again this week and forgot how good it feels, the downside is getting up between 5:30-6, get drress, go the gym at work and the upstairs to work.....we have a small gym here at work, its so super easy, I can get a good 45 plus min workout in.

I've been pretty good on my eating but today we had a cinco de mayo party at work, yeah, so I tried to hold back as much as I could, but it just didn't happen. But you know what? After eating everything I ate, my stomach is not happy....way to much greasy food, honestly I tried to stay away, but bad habits die hard & I actually think I learned a lesson today.

Chat with ya later ladies.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: May 6, 2010 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Hey ladies,

This week may be my throw-out week but I don't feel too bad. It was Cinco De Mayo yesterday and I missed my workout Tuesday and Today but I have amazing news!

I FIT INTO MY DRESS! I could still stand to lose about 5 more lbs so I don't have that lovely back cleavage going on but I'm super psyched. It means that all my hard work is paying off.

Don't worry though. I'm still in the game, just because I fit into my dress does not mean I can stop exercising and eat whatever i want. I still want to lose the weight.
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: May 7, 2010 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Yay for fitting into your dress RF!

Woo Hoo first place in reverse! LOL! This week's gotta be better.

Kenneys that sucks about the copters and stuff. Is something going on? I know they had on the news here that Toronto was getting alot of copters and jets flying around doing surveillance for that G8/G20 thing thats coming in June.

I've been doing ok this week I think. Well better than last week. Not sure about the weekend though, never sure about the weekend. I guess I'll see Sunday. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 7, 2010 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Good morning ladies!!!

So I did not sleep at all last night, and was pretty bad on my food intake...Starbucks for breakfast, no lunch, Subway for dinner, and no healthy sandwiches in the order....I at least did 15 mins on my Treadmill yesterday.....Woo! Nothing today, inteanded to wake up and do it, but couldn't get up when my alarm went off the first time, and I apparently turned it off when it went off the second time....

Rebecca~ How exciting your dress fits!!!

Ok I am off to do some work so I can go home and nap...

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 7, 2010 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Hi Hans,

No, Nothing going on now there was a major fire and that was a newscopter. Everything is good now.

I am doing really well this week. I have managed to keep on track this week. I measured my self this morning I have lost two inches around my waist and three on my thighs. I am so liking it. I am going to take some pictures over the next few days. I will post them on facebook. I am so pleased with how things are going.

I hope you all have a great weekend

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies, this is Cyndi's first as a grandmom that must be exciting.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: May 7, 2010 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

ok so this week is not so good. I think the stress of finals weeks is taking a toll on me. +side though i have been working out more from the stress maybe that will help me shed some pounds. hope everyone else is having a great week and happy mothers day to all the moms!!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: May 9, 2010 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

With so many of my brides friends over here now I wanted to update all of you---I'm in the process of being cleared for gastric bypass surgery. In the last month I've managed to lose 10 pounds sticking to their diet plan they make us all follow for 3-6 months! I've been lurking, but I feel SO out of the loop! LOL I'll catch up! I'm on Facebook more than brides.com these days--if you want me to add you just drop me a line!
But despite that great news, today is a day of sadness--I just found out my husband's cousin just lost her husband of 15 months today. Sad, sad, Mother's Day for his family. So please--let's all of us keep working on taking better care of ourselves in the hopes that a tradgedy like that does not happen for us!!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 9, 2010 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Hi Carebear nice to see you. Good job on the weight loss. I hope your surgery goes well.

Okay, I am weighting in now. I am also putting my measurements in. I am going to post the original measurement from 1/1/10 and compare them to today's.

01/01/2010 05/09/2010

Weight 257 217
Bust 45.5 42.5
Waist 45 38.5
Hips 51 46
Lt Arm 15.5 13
Rt Arm 15.75 12.5
Lt Thigh 27 22.5
Rt Thigh 26.75 23.5
Lt Calf 16.5 16.5
Rt Calf 17 16.5

I tried to post these nice and neat so you could see them and this site would not let me to it.

Points for the week

My Menu for the next couple of weeks:

1. Drink 8 glasses of water per day .5x7 =3.5 per week.
2. No eating after 8 pm .5/3.5 per week
3. Stick to my meal plan .5/3.5 per week
4. Walk at least 1 mile per day .5/3.5 per week
5. Exercise daily 1/7 per week
6. No sweets or candy 2pt. week
7. Post at least 3x per week 2 pts

Water 3.5
No eating after 8 3
Meal plan 3.5
Walk 3.5
Exercise 5
Sweet tooth 2
Posting 2
Total points 22.5

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P, People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites Edited by: kennysoldwife on May 9, 2010 7:09 PM Edited by: kennysoldwife on May 9, 2010 7:24 PM

Edited by: kennysoldwife on May 9, 2010 7:30 PM

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: May 9, 2010 9:19 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

my points for the week is 23.5 and my weight loss is 0. I don't know why I can't seem to lose any weight. It can be so frustrating.

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: May 10, 2010 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Good Morning All!

Weighing in Woo

Weight: 164.5 I think that's a bunch down from last week. I must have been retaining water or something. Not that I'm complaining - I'll take it :)

Points: 16 Definitely better than last week, but still not good enough. Guess all I can do is keep trying.

Drinking water - 0.5/3.5
Taking the stairs - 2.5/2.5
5+ servings veggies/day - 5/7
Exercise - 1.5/2.5
Posting - 1.5/2.5
Staying within my point limits - 4/7

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: May 10, 2010 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Good morning ladies!!

Hope all you mother's had a great Mother's day!!!

So this weekend was hard on me for this whole thing!!! We took my mom to a huge buffet yesterday, I managed to not stuff myself, but ate more than I should of, and no veggies, and I couldn't touch the fruit because it had pineapple on the same tray. Then we ordered pizza for dinner.....I only ate one slice though!!

So weigh in. I am down 2 pounds from last week to 222

Drink at least 3 bottles of water per day

5/5
Eat balanced meals all day5/3
No vending machine/trouble snacks2/2
Limit calorie intake to 1700 cals or lower5/3
Track all food eaten2/2
Take dog for at least 2 30 min walks3/3
Do 15 bicycles, sit ups, and push ups daily33
For a total of 22

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 10, 2010 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Weight: 154.6 (1 lb gain from last week)

So, not so great. I was really sporadic about it this week, and didn't get any excercise points except for one day when I worked out (Tuesday). Also, did a lot of drinking and not a lot of veggie eating. What killed me is that I went out three nights in a row -- Cinco de Mayo Wednesday (margaritas!), the Opera on Thursday (a friend of mine was hosting an event) (wine!) and then a going-away happy hour for my SIL on Friday (more margaritas!).

Then over the weekend I didn't do any running. Bad.

But rather than beat myself up about it, I'm just going to try again. I did some push-ups this morning when I failed to get up in time to make it to the gym, and I've already got some stir fried veggies and salad for lunch, so I'm going to get my veggies in today. I'm also going to revise my points a bit this week, cause I think they've gotten too complicated and I want to make them simpler.

Going to see a sneak preview of Letters to Juliet tonight with a girlfriend. I'm such a romantic junkie.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

TestCommunity2010 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/12/10
Posted: May 10, 2010 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Good good for you.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: May 10, 2010 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Hey ladies,

This week has not been kind to me. We've been celebrating Cinco De Mayo and Mother's Day so lots of eating out!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mother's out there. I look forward to the day where I can be a mother to more than just my puppies!

Weight: 124 (Holding steady despite the lack of exercise and healthy foods)

Congrats to Kenney's for those measurements. That's impressive. And good luck to whoever is getting the gastric band. My ex bf's mom had the surgery and she looks amazing.
27000_357855012861_529642861_3534868_1049818_n

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

Edited by: RebeccaFazzio on May 10, 2010 9:14 PM

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 11, 2010 1:22 AM Go to message in response to: TestCommunity2010

Weight 230
Points 17

I thougth last week was bad with the one pound loss, but this week I lost nothing. Good times.
Im soooo super busy lately and this weeks the same.
Lots of late nights, comedy shows, paid gigs, and even a road gig coming up soon. Its great news but makes it sooooooooo hard to eat healthy. Im always starving at midnight or later. Grrrr.

I need to do better. Ill be on tomorrow when I have more time.
Glad to see some life in this new room.

Not glad to see the dumb vendors who keep coming in here.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine