Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues

Online Users: 1,244 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 212

SSBride Posts : 1 Registered: 5/7/10
Re: Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues
Posted: May 8, 2010 11:19 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2BBBBB

We just went to look at Crystal Springs today, it was the first place we looked for a reception venue and we loved it so much we already booked it. We looked at Minerals and the Grand Cascade Lodge. The prices vary a lot depending on the time of year you want to get married. They only do 1 wedding a day, so it's the same price no matter what time of day you get married. At the Grand Cascade Lodge in March the price was $115 a person, in April it was $130 a person and then it went up to $175 a person in May. Minerals was a little bit less expensive and it was also very nice. You have to guarantee a certain amount of money, not people. Let me know if you want any other information, I would highly recommend you check it out!!!

Bride2BBBBB Posts : 2 Registered: 5/6/10
Posted: May 14, 2010 7:22 AM Go to message in response to: SSBride

Thanks so much for the information! Do those prices include tax/service charge for the Crystal Springs resort??

Firsttimemother... Posts : 1 Registered: 5/19/10
Posted: May 19, 2010 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: cvazquez4682

I live in South Jersey and am looking for a venue just like you described. Is there a place like this is South Jersey, or close?

NJbride2 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/20/10
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi! I am getting married at the Manor in 2011. How is the manor for a wedding? What room were you in?

angel59 Posts : 1 Registered: 8/4/10
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: NJbride2

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and definitely learned a lot from this blog! I've been looking all over NJ for an affordable venue that comfortably holds up to 230 ppl.
Here's any info i've found so far for Fall 2011 Friday nights:

Naninas: Fridays in Oct. 145++ Fridays in Nov. 130++
Beautiful inside and outdoor garden if it's in your budget!

Bridgewater Manor: Friday nights range from 74++ to 120++ depending on what the entree choice is. For example, Chicken is 74, tilapia is 83, and lobster is 120.
Outdoor area is very nice, but they do up to 3 weddings at a time and if your wedding is upstairs in the larger rooms you have to share the bathroom with the other party, and the bridal suite is just a room with a mirror and couch.

Crystal point: Also ranges depending on entree from 98++ to 116++. 10% discount is you book a friday night.
The place was ehhh and the woman who works there was kind of rude. It is a yacht club so there is somewhat of a view, but if you are a bride that is big on decor this might not be for you.

The Mill at spring lake heights: They offer 2 packages, classic and deluxe. Classic is 95++ for a friday and 105++ for a saturday. Deluxe is 120++ for a friday and 134++ for a saturday.
It is right on a lake that lights up at night, beautiful view from the ballroom. Worth looking at if it fits in your budget, the menu has a lot of unique options.

The Tides: Friday nights start around 120++. I didn't see it in person, just spoke on the phone.

Brooklake Country Club: Friday nights start around 120++. I didn't see it in person, just spoke on the phone.

Branches: Offers 3 packages. Cypress is 105++ for a Friday and 115++ for a Sat. Wisteria is 140++ for a Friday and 148++ for a Saturday. Willow is a new package only offered Friday nights and Sat, Sun daytime. It is around 80 to 85++ but definitely needs some upgrades.
One wedding at a time, beautiful outside, this is the best I have found so far with prices like this! I love Branches.

Hope this helps!
If anyone has any recommendations for venues around 100 per person please let me know!! Thanks :)

schrutebeets Posts : 1 Registered: 8/22/10
Posted: Aug 22, 2010 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: angel59

Hello!

This forum was extremely helpful to me and I will add my own list. All prices listed are for Friday/Sunday in late august/early September.

Mayfair Farms, West Orange NJ: Got them down to 125pp including tax/gratuity + on-sight ceremony, including absolutely everything as well as upgrades for stations, and filet mignon/chilean seabass and also including viennese table. The package was FANTASTIC and the coordinator, Joanne was wonderful. Only issue was we did not love the ballroom itself. It was outdated, there was a moldy spot on the ceiling, and it is not handicap accessible (to go to the bathroom, a person in a wheelchair has to be lifted by a waiter)

Shadowbrook, Shrewsbury NJ: 130pp including tax, gratuity, ceremony for their deluxe package. They also threw in the ice cream sundae bar. The grounds were STUNNING, however the ballroom was a little dark and the layout was weird.

Richfield Regency, Verona, NJ: 80pp including ceremony, plus tax and gratuity. Package was great included everything and more. The place itself was in a busy intersection with absolutely no grounds. The chapel inside looked cheesy for my taste. The coordinator Trish was extremely nice and knowledgable, however she was a little pushy telling me that I did not want an outdoor ceremony (she probably wouldn't say that if they had a place to do an outdoor ceremony), and several other comments like that.

Westminster Hotel, Livingston, NJ: Don't even know what it cost because the catering people were not available the day of our appointment (which we knew, it was not their fault). The ballroom was very conference-like, and the place for a ceremony was facing the highway.

Palace at Somerset, Somerset, NJ: Got them down to 150pp including tax/gratuity/ceremony, however had to take a few things out of the package to do it. Also, the ballroom for 150 people (i believe the East, whichever one is smaller) has a very weird layout where the dance floor is in the front of the room. The ceremony spot is a big balcony with nothing it that faces.......the parking lot.

Running Deer Golf Club, Pittsgrove, NJ: Don't know pricing, we left before meeting with the coordinator because we didn't like the place that much. The grass was in terrible condition, patchy/yellow all over. When you walk in there is just one big room and that's it.

Seasons, Washington Township, NJ: 133 pp including tax/gratuity/ceremony. Package is amazing, nothing like it, so much food is included. The ballroom is STUNNING. No grounds.

The Manor, West Orange, NJ: 130pp including tax/gratuity/ceremony. Package is very extensive. The grounds are the best we saw anywhere, ballrooms are beautiful as well.

Other places we got pricing from but did not see that were 135 and below including tax, gratuity and ceremony:

-South Gate Manor in Freehold, NJ
-English Manor in Ocean, NJ
-Lucien Manor in Berlin, NJ
-Perona Farms in Andover, NJ
-Stroudsmoor Country in in PA
-Oakside Mansion in Montclair, NJ
-Madison hotel in Morristown, NJ (this place was extremely rude and not accommodating when we called...I called 1 week in advance, we were coming from out of state to make an appointment. they refused to take us for 2 weeks. their loss)

NJBride2012 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/19/10
Posted: Oct 2, 2010 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: schrutebeets

This board is full of so much valuable information! I'm looking for a castle/mansion like setting with a nice grand ballroom.

We looked at Skylands Manor and will look at Pleasantdale . Any other places with similar settings in NJ?

Thanks!

Edited by: NJBride2012 on Oct 23, 2010 1:10 AM

Sdiaz Posts : 1 Registered: 6/22/09
Posted: Oct 18, 2010 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: NJBride2012

Thanks for all the great information on venues. I've been seeing venues for over a month now. Every Sunday, I schedule 2 to 3 spots to see.

I'm seeing Richfield Regency in Verona tomorrow.

Out of all the venues I've seen, my two top spots are Graycliff in Moonchie and Royal Manor in Garfield. I'm definitely leaning towards Royal Manor, but will give Richfield Regency a fair chance tomorrow.

Good luck ladies = )

Ksdweddings Posts : 2 Registered: 10/25/10
Posted: Oct 25, 2010 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

As wedding photographers, we have had the opportunity to see some absolutely beautiful venues such as the Venetian in Garfield, nj, great hotels in Atlantic city also make for unique weddings, Addison park is also beautiful. Hope these are some good ideas for you,
Thanks from ksd weddings. Http://www.ksdweddings.com

[KSD Weddings|http://www.ksdweddings.com]

Ksdweddings Posts : 2 Registered: 10/25/10
Posted: Oct 25, 2010 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

As wedding photographers, we have had the opportunity to see some absolutely beautiful venues such as the Venetian in Garfield, nj, great hotels in Atlantic city also make for unique weddings, Addison park is also beautiful. Hope these are some good ideas for you,
Thanks from ksd weddings. Http://www.ksdweddings.com

[KSD Weddings|http://www.ksdweddings.com]

jellister Posts : 9 Registered: 11/7/10
Posted: Nov 11, 2010 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: NJBride2012

Im having my wedding at the castle in skylands manor. im having it on april. having it on april instead of may-novemeber, we saved approx. $13,000. i recommend the castle in skylands manor. I have not checked out crystal springs. does anyone know how much is it to have a wedding in crystal springs, friday night? and whats the min. guest requirement? is there a rental fee

pchichibu Posts : 2 Registered: 12/13/10
Posted: Dec 13, 2010 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

All the threads are great - but I'm hoping someone can help with Jersey City/Hoboken/Weehawken sites specifically. I'm looking at 75-100 people. All I am finding are the big hotels and Liberty House. If anyone can recommend other sites, I'd be grateful!

redmidori Posts : 1 Registered: 12/28/10
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: pchichibu

I am looking in the same area. When is your wedding date?

pchichibu Posts : 2 Registered: 12/13/10
Posted: Jan 20, 2011 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: redmidori

It'll be in November/December 2011 - haven't picked a date yet. You?

Murzeek Posts : 1 Registered: 1/25/11
Posted: Jan 25, 2011 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: pchichibu

Hi All!

I have been hunting for a venue now for about 2 months and I am almost ready to book. I am planning for a North Jersey wedding but am in Maryland, so that makes it tough to visit too many. I was able to weed a lot out based on price and gut feeling, but wanted to get some input from the board about a June wedding at the Valley Regency in Clifton. What have you all heard about it? I am planning on booking this weekend unless I find good reason not to...so any advice would be great!!!

Thanks!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine