May 2010 Brides!

Online Users: 1,313 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 694

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Re: May 2010 Brides!
Posted: May 2, 2010 3:00 AM Go to message in response to: tljohll

They are walking into a hawaiian song "Hawaiian Suppa Man" and we are walking in to the Hawaii Five-O theme song. :)

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: May 3, 2010 12:07 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Just wanted to pop in here real quick to say CONGRATULATIONS to starfish and all the May 1st brides!!! I am so very excited and happy for you and cant wait to be seeing pictures from MRS starfish as well as all other new wives!! :) I hope you had a beautiful day and managed to take it all in and make beautiful memories with it :)

I have actually not picked out my wedding party song but I am walking in to ballade pour adeline myself.

ldybug123 Posts : 20 Registered: 6/23/09
Posted: May 3, 2010 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

We are being introduced with bittersweet symphony but I kind of liked another bites the dust haha.....

Jnikki Posts : 42 Registered: 11/2/08
Posted: May 3, 2010 5:20 PM Go to message in response to: tljohll

I love old school R&B...so my wedding party is coming in to either "Let's Groove Tonight" or "September" both Earth, Wind, and Fire songs (group from the 70's). Me and FH still haven't decided what we're coming in to yet. Talk about last minute...LOL.

Well Ladies coming up this weekend on the 8th. Good luck Ladies, relax and be cool this week, get your rest, and don't forget to eat (they say brides usually forget to eat the day of the wedding). Happy Wedding Day!!

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" Matthew 19:6   Jamie and Bryan 5-22-10

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: May 3, 2010 7:17 PM Go to message in response to: Jnikki

Congrats May 1st brides!! Starfish and ToyToy!! Hope your wedding was everything you hoped for and more! Make sure you come back and post pictures!

Ladies, is has reached count down days! We are almost there!!

Are we talking entrance for ceremony or reception? I haven't decided reception yet but for the ceremony we are very formal. Parties enter to Triumph Victory and I enter to Here Comes the Bride. So boring right? :)

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Posted: May 4, 2010 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Thanks Brianz, you just reminded me I need a reception entrance song!! lol...this is where Im thankful for brides.com and this thread lol.

So stressful day here - i confronted both my girls, lost one of my lovely BMs, totaly not the one I thought was gonna step down, and gained my amazing friend thats been helping me as my new BM. Just how it probably should have been to begin with. If only I knew then what I know now!! Oh well. So now I have to get my friends dress altered (taken in, thank God - much easier than if it had to be let out!) and make a few other changes but all in all I am actually very very calm now...

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: May 5, 2010 12:04 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

You had someone step down? Well i'm glad that it was what you wanted!

I went running this morning around the park. I've been super careful only wearing tshirts , no tank tops (can I just say how excited I am to not think about tan lines?) But my neck got slightly burned. It will fade, but i've been trying so hard for an even tan on my shoulders and back. grrrrrrr. why is it so hard.

EEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP 10 days. I'm so freakin excited.

Posted: May 5, 2010 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

MrsS- you are twice the bride I am, I would be FREAKING out. It's amazing that you are so calm! I guess it helps that it just seemlessly transitioned. That's wonderful. I'm glad I could help with the song. I didn't even think about it until earlier that day and my DJ is out of town for a few days. Ick right?

FutureMrsKlein- I'm sure no will notice the neck, will you wear your hair down? How excited are you?!?!

It's getting so close!!

Oh, so I have a vent. It actually caused FH and I to get into a fight. We're not fighting anymore but it was icky. So FMIL went to FH, without talking to me, and said oh I want to add your dad's brother's ex-wife's dad! Realy?!?! With 11 days to go I hear this. He didn't know what to say so he said yes. He told me and I gave a very resounding Hell No. 11 days to go and you want to add someone after I make the seating chart and place cards. I think not. Well he hasn't told FMIL yet but I am so sick of her talking to FH by saying "oh I was just thinking" and then suddenly he's saying yes and bringing it up to me later by saying "oh so my mom and I were talking". I cannot wait to get him out of their house so she can't do that anymore.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Jnikki Posts : 42 Registered: 11/2/08
Posted: May 5, 2010 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

STRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ladies, I have been having a rough time lately. Where shall I began???

First of all, I am about 25 people over count...so my dad was like fine (he's paying for the reception, my mom is paying for favors and the ceremony) he'll pay for the extra people. But I have already ordered favors, and there isn't going to be enough now.

One of my best friends that I have known for over 10 years told me on Monday that she can't get off of work (new job that she got about 3 or 4 weeks ago) and she not only has to stepdown but she won't be at the wedding at all!! I am so upset!!!

The next day (yesterday) my hair stylist called and said she wasn't comfortable doing my hair because it's natural (SN: I no longer live in Indianapolis but when I did she did my hair. When I say my hair is natural I mean its no longer chemically straightened with a perm) So all day yesterday I had to find a complete stranger to do my hair and I won't be in town until Wednesday night before the wedding, so unless she can squeeze me in on Thursday, there will be no trial run.

This morning my singer cancelled!!

What a week!!! All this with 17 days to go.

Hope things are going better for you all.

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate" Matthew 19:6   Jamie and Bryan 5-22-10

Posted: May 5, 2010 11:02 PM Go to message in response to: Jnikki

Omigosh, Jnikki you have defenitely hit a big rough patch, you poor thing!! Just take a deep breath in - you have enough time to order more favors - shotglasses or something right?? You do have enough time so go ahead and get that done. Singer?do you know someone else?Im sure you do, if not have someone play something? (not sure what you're using the singer for exactly). Do you have anyone to replace the BM? I know its a horrible thing to go through but at this point you just gotta keep looking forward babe! Making the best of a bad situation is what its all about with this one.... Good luck with everything!! Ill step in as BM if all else fails :P

Brianz - doest FH know yet that he is to neverrrr agree to anything wedding related before going through the bride??lol..Im glad you guys are ok now, it sucks fighting with the FH when you're already fighting with all the in-laws and vendors lol.

Im really not as calm and collected as I maybe seem - Ive cried about it because I never thought I would have to do this or be in this kind of situation - me and the girl really were super close friends before all this wedding stuff. I think we will actually go back to being friends now that she's stepped down lol....ahhh it'll pass....:S

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: May 6, 2010 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Wow ladies, seems like everyone's going through a little something or another. Just think, regardless of the missing favors, bailing bridesmaids, cancelled singers and family fights next month at this time we'll all be married and these little tiffs will have passed.

We had to find another officiant a couple weeks ago because ours cancelled on us just a month before the wedding, providing no explanation might I add. Then, this past week our harpist started flaking...not calling back, didn't show up for our venue meeting, then I found out she had our wedding date wrong...yeah, she seems unreliable and we're cancelling with her. We found a string quartet that's available a few days ago and I'm thrilled because I was starting to consider our handy dandy 10 year old boom box! LOL!! It's an outdoor ceremony and the dj can't get out there so we needed some time of live music...or the boom box, which I wasn't "thrilled" about but hey, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: May 6, 2010 8:04 PM Go to message in response to: TheeBride

Oh my goodness!! Everyone is going to need their honeymoon to relax after this! I'm so luckily I haven't had anything major like that happen!

Just think in few shorts days all of this will go away and we'll be married : )

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: May 7, 2010 12:14 AM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Hey ladies! As of May 2nd 2010 I'm married! Yay!

I have read all the craziness going on for some of you in your last few days, Try not to let it get to you. I cannot even name the amount of things that went wrong leading up to the wedding (one thing that happened is so crazy that I am yet to find anyone who knows of anyone else it has happened to). Still, despite all the madness my wedding was PERFECT. Well, not perfect, but perfect for me and my DH (hehe 'DH')

I will post pictures and tell you about the insane messes soon. I just wanted to pop in to say that even with all of the craziness going on I still know you will all have amazing weddings. Congrats!
wedding tickers

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: May 7, 2010 8:44 AM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Congratulations!!!!!! :o)

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: May 7, 2010 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: TheeBride

Congrats!! That's so exciting!!

You have to let us know about the crazy thing too!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine