Lingerie Shower Thank-Yous

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

KPSimmons Posts : 1 Registered: 1/4/10
Lingerie Shower Thank-Yous
Posted: May 4, 2010 2:59 PM

My bridesmaids are hosting a lingerie shower for me. I need help wording my thank-you notes for receiving lingerie without it sounding awkward!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Lingerie Shower Thank-Yous
Posted: May 4, 2010 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: KPSimmons

Dear KP,

Just word it like any other thank you note.

Dear Aunt Margaret,

Thank you for the great Kitchenaid blender. I certainly love to bake, and will think of you every time I use it. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Uncle Herb at the wedding.

Dear Aunt Jane,

I really appreciate the beautiful lingerie you gave me at my bridal shower. It's wonderful to think I will have a variety of nice things to share with Bubba. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Uncle Horace at the wedding.

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: May 4, 2010 7:32 PM Go to message in response to: KPSimmons

Dear Mom,
Thanks for the crotchless panties. I'm sure they'll come in handy when we're trying to conceive your grandchild.
Love
myra@classysassyweddings.com

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 5, 2010 10:10 AM Go to message in response to: myras

I vote for Myra's thank you wording!! :)

Every year for my birthday and christmas (generally) mom gives me a gift card to Vic's Secret. DH always says thank you. Although, you can buy other stuff there, and I do. But we still think it's funny. She gives the same gift card to my SIL. haha. I've just always opted for thanks, mom, although Myra's specific wording is much more interesting!!

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: May 5, 2010 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: KPSimmons

My DH actually wrote the thank you notes for my lingerie shower!! The only people there were my BMs, and DH is close to all of them, so it was pretty funny. He didn't write anything raunchy or anything, he pretty much just thanked them for the lingerie. My BMs thought it was hilarious though.

I know that wouldn't work for most people, but given how close DH is to my BMs and our sense of humor, it worked for us.

EDIT: I just re-read your post, and I'm guessing if you're worried about sounding awkward, having your FH write the notes probably isn't the best option for you!

Edited by: MrsCP3 on May 5, 2010 12:42 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine