Thank you wording for bridesmaids

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Thank you wording for bridesmaids
Posted: May 5, 2010 12:40 AM

I'm going to be paying for by bridesmaids hair and makeup and have also gotten them pearls for the wedding. I'm trying to write a note to them, but nothing sounds good.
I hope that you enjoy this little token of my appreciation. Also, I would like to pick up the cost of your hair and makeup.
It is this last part that I don't like. Any suggestions?
(btw- they weren't "required" to get their hair and makeup done, they just all wanted it, that is why they aren't expecting me to pay for it.)

SamW Posts : 6 Registered: 2/23/10
Re: Thank you wording for bridesmaids
Posted: May 5, 2010 1:56 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

You guys mean so much to me, and have been there for me through ________. I really appreciate all the time you've spent working on _________ with me! I know the cost of being a briesmaid can start to add up, so hair and makeup are on me :)

If they're your good friends/close family members, I wouldn't see a need to be too formal....or if you still can't figure out a way to word it, perhaps just speak with the salon ahead of time and let them know that you will be paying for everyones hair/makeup.

Hope it helps - if not, maybe more info about your bridesmaids would help :)

-Sam

Posted: May 5, 2010 2:50 AM Go to message in response to: SamW

That helps. I mean I have the rest of the note written. I just couldn't decide between " your hair and makeup are my treat/on me..." or " i'll pick up the cost of your hair and makeup"....it just sounded really strange.

Thanks!

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: May 5, 2010 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Why not just tell them that you're paying for hair and makeup (I assume that you actually speak to your maids!) and write the note to accompany the physical gift of jewelry (usually given at the rehearsal dinner or before)?
myra@classysassyweddings.com

Posted: May 5, 2010 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: myras

I appreicate the feedback. Myras, Becuase I want to put it in the note, not verbally tell them. I do talk to them, but I'd like it to be in there since it is part of the gift and the note is accompanying the gift.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine