ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???

Online Users: 1,264 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 83

sweetpeas Posts : 31 Registered: 11/3/08
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: kms31690

My BF has not proposed yet but he said he will by the time I graduate with my masters (May 2011) so I was thinking of getting married October 28th, 2012, if he agrees. I know I am going to get married on the 28th of a month (my parents anniv is 11-28 and my grandparents is 12-28), and oct 28 falls on a sunday which I wanted to get married on so hopefully that works out. It will give us enough time to get on our feet and plan everything without me being in school

britgreg21 Posts : 7 Registered: 3/28/10
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

My fiancee and I are also waiting until 2012. We have set the date to be 04-21-2012!! I am so excited and anxious to begin planning!

corac715 Posts : 29 Registered: 3/28/10
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: britgreg21

Though he hasn't asked.....he has picked the date of the marriage 8-18-2012. He has told me he will propose between April and August this year on a date that means something very special to him. I have no idea what day that will be. We started dating July 18, 2009.

I am 38 and he is 35. This is his 1st marriage and my 2nd. My first ended in divorce after 16 years of marriage 3 years ago.

He gave me a promise ring on Valentines Day. It is a sweet simple band with 14 small diamonds in it. He picked out a ring last November.

We are in the process of buying a house together too.

Cora

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
Posted: May 1, 2010 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

Hello Brides of 2012!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was crazy to start planning our wedding that will take place in July, 2012! Knowing I have lots of time, but I didnt want to be one of those last mintue brides that I see on Wedding SOS!! haha

We aren't engaged offically but we are already in our hearts and ready to be together forever. We just had our eleventh month anniversary! Short I know, but when youve been through realationships and nothing feels better than this.. you know its right! :)

I'm so glad to know theres other brides out there like me who are already getting things planned out and start thinking of what they want. I already have a theme in mind.. and so excited. I already know who were inviting, where they will be sitting, the party favors, some of our favorite songs we want played at our reception and what our cake will look like!! (I already bought the cake topper!!! ) We're getting married at city hall, and then a reception to follow. Super excited.. I just cant wait!!!!!!!!!! :D

W00t -- W00t to us brides 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!

****UPDATE ****

We just got engaged June 12, 2010!

Anniversary: May 30, 2009
Engagment: June 12, 2010
Wedding: July 27, 2012

Edited by: AmyandNic on Jun 15, 2010 8:11 PM

ChrisBride Posts : 33 Registered: 1/14/09
Posted: May 1, 2010 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: AmyandNic

Oh goodness so I'm not the only one! We are planning for 06-30-2012 and have already set up our guest list and invitations/theme. I'm so excited for our wedding, but right now his brother is getting married next Saturday so we pretty much have to hold off any wedding plans until after their wedding. I already have my bridal party set and am so ready to go and start picking out venues.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TiaLynnCummings... Posts : 5 Registered: 2/1/09
Posted: May 7, 2010 1:24 AM Go to message in response to: ChrisBride

Yeah, it is good to know that We're not the "Only Ones", waiting until 2012!! We are planning for Saturday, April 21, 2012.. I had My 1st Bridal Appointment in April.. And I found "The Dress".... I still can't beleive that I found so soon! But, that's definetly one of those things that You know is right, when You get the same feeling You had when You fell in love! I immediately could see Myself walking down the aisle walking towards Him and seeing the look on His face.... I can't wait to plan some more! You don't have to go broke to have the "Wedding of Your Dreams".... Have fun 2012 Brides..
Okay Ladies it's 643 days and counting....  I can't wait to be Mrs. G. P. Cummings, Jr.!!

Edited by: TLC2012 on Jul 17, 2010 8:31 PM

cthulhubride Posts : 1 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: May 12, 2010 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

Yes, I need time to plan for the wedding. We are getting married 10/27/2010 with a Halloween theme!!!

I am so excited. I am trying to find a venue in Columbus OH and there are a lot of good choices.

IngridM Posts : 1 Registered: 1/25/10
Posted: May 24, 2010 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

We are getting married 06-02-2012! This is the day his parents and grandparents got married and means a lot to him for it to be our big day! We have been together for 7 years what's another 2???

kelciey Posts : 4 Registered: 4/24/10
Posted: May 24, 2010 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: sweetpeas

Yes we are getting married on July 21, 2012. That way we have enough time to plan a wonderful wedding. I know I still have a while to go, but we have decided on what the colors are going to be. We have also started a guest list the he keeps adding to! We have also started looking for venues, I am still looking for the perfect venue in Winston-Salem, NC, so we can have our special day!!! Its nice to know that I'm not the only one to be planning a 2012 wedding!!!

countrygirl11 Posts : 2 Registered: 6/3/10
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

yes!! waiting until we both graduate. it sounds like he's proposing in october, so we'll have a little more than a year long engagement and he makes up a date usually between june and july 2012 every few days lol

KCI Posts : 150 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Jun 4, 2010 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: countrygirl11

I'm also not engaged yet, but my bf and I have been talking about when we want to get married. We've talked about getting engaged within the next year and getting married the following year. I want a fall wedding so that would bring us to September 2012. I'm already researching though cause my cousin and best friend are both getting married so I've got the "bug" right now.

I'd like 9/21/12 and my bf is good with that. So unless he surprises me with an earlier engagement, I'll be a 2012 bride as well.

BlushingBride12 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/5/10
Posted: Jun 5, 2010 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: IngridM

Hello 2012 Lovely Brides-To-Be!!!

I got engaged on the 26th of May and have been overly excited and planning ever since!! It's very nice to see all these 2012's and I even found a June 2nd date! Holla for that!! Hopefully we can all exchage tips! June brides, do you know what you are doing for flowers? This is giving me some trouble right now!

Blushing Bride-To-Be

Laughter is timeless

Imagination has no age

and Dreams are Forever

smileyface Posts : 19 Registered: 8/15/09
Posted: Jun 6, 2010 11:19 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

yeah actually, our date is january the 29th :)

Posted: Jun 7, 2010 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: smileyface

Either way I'm waiting until 2012, but now I can't decide what I want to do for when to get married. I've started thinking that a St Patrick's Day wedding would be awesome. My mom's side of the family is all very Irish and we all love St Pat's Day. My boyfriend's family isn't Irish but my bf would be all for a St Pats wedding. I always thought I wanted to get married in the fall. I love the fall. But then I realized St Pats is a Saturday in 2012.

Although I guess whether or not I could do St Pats Day depends on how soon my bf proposes. Unless we start planning before he proposes. We're already talking about what we want to do for our wedding, so why not seriously start looking at ideas?

I'm just excited to have found my soulmate. And I love St Pats Day, so why not? :-)

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 9:25 AM Go to message in response to: KCI

New decision based on a conversation I had with my boyfriend - a fall wedding with celtic details.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine