Engagement Length???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

angust87 Posts : 35 Registered: 3/24/10
Engagement Length???
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 4:51 PM

hey ladies, so this may sound confusing, but hopefully i make some sort of sense...so, i'm not engaged yet, but i'm going to mexico Saturday and i know (from him not being secretive at all) that he is proposing in Mexico...so, i've also heard him say that "oh ya, we'll have a year long engagement just so everything goes ok" not quite sure if that's nerves or what...he hasn't said it to me, but technically i'm not suppose to know, if only he knew he sucked at surprises lol. anyways, we want to get married in the mountains in colorado at this beautiful gazebo on a pond...it's perfect. we've already discussed that it's going to be a very small, simple not much detailed wedding with a brunch reception...so pretty cheap and easy to plan. with where we want to get married they do weddings from june-end of sept due to the weather. so, with him telling friends and family that it'll be a year long engagement, i'm not sure how set he is on that. i wouldn't mind waiting that long, i'm the kind of laid back, why not person...if it's easy to plan and cheap and very do-able, i was debating on asking his opinion of doing it this sept, in 4 1/2 months. like i said, it's very do-able and not much stress, i mean we're only having 20 people there, grandma's doing cake, aunts doing flowers...these are all things we've talked about lots of times. i was also thinking, if he proposed to me the first few days on our vaca then i'd give it a few days to sink in and just ask him while we're still there, so that he's relaxed and not stressed. i'm just worried that he'll freak out or something cuz in his head, for whatever reason, he is on this year long thing. and to repeat myself, i don't have a problem waiting that long, i just figure, we love each other, we're going to get married eventually, so why not just do it...any help would be great. thanks
Daisypath Anniversary tickers    a PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

ChrisBride Posts : 33 Registered: 1/14/09
Re: Engagement Length???
Posted: May 1, 2010 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: angust87

Any length of engagement would be too short for any FH lol But honestly, I'd wait till you come back from vacation and maybe a day or two back ask him if he would mind getting married in Sept. since the place only does weddings till then. If he says no he wants to wait then just move it until June. Because even though you think everything will be small there still involves planning and a lot of preparation. Plus, the place you are looking at might not be able to do that soon and if you are being married Catholic that doesn't leave enough time for your Pre-Cana classes. Good luck with your vacation and hopefully proposal!!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 2, 2010 2:20 AM Go to message in response to: angust87

OK I'm going to be completely honest.

I only got through the first couple of sentences in your post -

So I have some suggestions -

A) Wait for the proposal and then wait for what will come

B) the Wedding is for you and your FH to plan

and

C) PLEASE use more punctuation and paragraph breaks in your posts. I'm seriously not tryhing to be rude, but everything in your post ran together and that made it difficult to read.

This will probably alter your responses.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: angust87

Rosa Clara Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-rosa-clara-c-420_451.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine