hey ladies, so this may sound confusing, but hopefully i make some sort of sense...so, i'm not engaged yet, but i'm going to mexico Saturday and i know (from him not being secretive at all) that he is proposing in Mexico...so, i've also heard him say that "oh ya, we'll have a year long engagement just so everything goes ok" not quite sure if that's nerves or what...he hasn't said it to me, but technically i'm not suppose to know, if only he knew he sucked at surprises lol. anyways, we want to get married in the mountains in colorado at this beautiful gazebo on a pond...it's perfect. we've already discussed that it's going to be a very small, simple not much detailed wedding with a brunch reception...so pretty cheap and easy to plan. with where we want to get married they do weddings from june-end of sept due to the weather. so, with him telling friends and family that it'll be a year long engagement, i'm not sure how set he is on that. i wouldn't mind waiting that long, i'm the kind of laid back, why not person...if it's easy to plan and cheap and very do-able, i was debating on asking his opinion of doing it this sept, in 4 1/2 months. like i said, it's very do-able and not much stress, i mean we're only having 20 people there, grandma's doing cake, aunts doing flowers...these are all things we've talked about lots of times. i was also thinking, if he proposed to me the first few days on our vaca then i'd give it a few days to sink in and just ask him while we're still there, so that he's relaxed and not stressed. i'm just worried that he'll freak out or something cuz in his head, for whatever reason, he is on this year long thing. and to repeat myself, i don't have a problem waiting that long, i just figure, we love each other, we're going to get married eventually, so why not just do it...any help would be great. thanks a
Any length of engagement would be too short for any FH lol But honestly, I'd wait till you come back from vacation and maybe a day or two back ask him if he would mind getting married in Sept. since the place only does weddings till then. If he says no he wants to wait then just move it until June. Because even though you think everything will be small there still involves planning and a lot of preparation. Plus, the place you are looking at might not be able to do that soon and if you are being married Catholic that doesn't leave enough time for your Pre-Cana classes. Good luck with your vacation and hopefully proposal!!!