Why am I so thrilled by planning out my wedding?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Why am I so thrilled by planning out my wedding?
Posted: May 1, 2010 6:39 PM

I am not yet engaged but for over half a year now I have known that my boyfriend and I are getting married.... soon. Ever since I've been planning and dreaming about the wedding and things to come after. I thought maybe I get this rush from all weddings. But maybe not. I do not understand why I get so excited and happy when I plan this wedding that is over a year away. I am not wearing a ring and he has not proposed! What is a girl to do? Why am I so into it? Not much else gives me this rush. Except maybe my boyfriend himself. On a good day haha. Any explanations? Tips? Advice?

Leli Posts : 89 Registered: 1/12/09
Re: Why am I so thrilled by planning out my wedding?
Posted: May 1, 2010 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Because you're excited about your pretty princess day. So much so that you're ignoring the signs your boyfriend is giving you about NOT getting married. My advice to you is to get yourself a hobby or focus on finishing high school, and quit looking at wedding stuff. Remember, a wedding is about the marriage, not the dress or flowers. In my opinion, when a guy says he's too young to get married and he says doesn't want to grow up yet, that's a pretty sure fire sign that marriage is not a good idea.

Posted: May 1, 2010 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: Leli

"he's too young to get married and he says doesn't want to grow up yet"
He does want to get married he is the one that brought the topic up. And he just doesn't want us to be serious ALL the time. He is a working man but loves to be silly too. But thanks for the advice on the hobby thing. I tried it but so far no luck. My boyfriend says its not that strange and its not a bad thing. He is cool with it.

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: May 9, 2010 2:10 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Don't worry about it. For the record, I'm the same way: waiting for the ring, but planning the wedding. I don't think it's because I'm obsessed with the flowers, ect. I think it's because I know this guy is the one, and I'm excited about it! My boyfriend knows I'm on brides.com a lot, and he doesn't seem to mind. I say as long as it doesn't interfere with anything else, have fun. There's only so much you can do ahead of time anyway! Besides, aren't brides always saying, "there's not enough time?" In a way it takes more stress off in the long run. Anyway, that's my humble opinion: don't be afraid to be excited, but don't let it take over.

FantasticFall Posts : 8 Registered: 12/6/09
Posted: May 9, 2010 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

I'm the same way. I know he's bought the ring, just hasn't used it yet.... It's fun to think about the big day, especially when you are ready and know it's right. Enjoy, cause once it's over, you'll have to find something else to occupy your time, lol

Posted: May 11, 2010 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: turtle2

Thanks everyone. I have decided to talk to my bf less about it so as not to bother him. I told him if I bring up wedding stuff he is allowed to stop me and say shut up already lol School is starting to take up more of my time so I feel better about that.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine