sister-in-law to bachlorette party

Online Users: 1,302 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

AyeshaandAndre Posts : 10 Registered: 11/3/09
sister-in-law to bachlorette party
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 11:12 AM

Hi all,

I have a question. My future in-laws and I don't really get along, but I thought it would be nice to ask myfuture sister-in-law to be one of my bridesmaids. She accepted and I'm hoping it will help our relationship. However, another of my bridesmaids is planning my bachlorette party and she's plannning it to do things that I would enjoy, such as a pole dancing class, rock & roll clubbing and a night at a nice hotel. Plus some very X-rated cookies, gift baskets and decorations. My FSIL is a bit of a prude, and I don't think she would enjoy the raunchy entertainment. My fiance says don't even bother inviting her, but I think that would ruin any chance of getting along with her. My friends say invite her and let her decide if she wants to come. I don't want her to come because she thiks she has to, though. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Lori82 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/21/08
Re: sister-in-law to bachlorette party
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: AyeshaandAndre

My thought is that since she is one of your bridesmaids she should probably be invited. Let her decide if she would like to come or not. She probably knows that bachelorette parties can become raunchy. If she knows the itinerary, she can then make an informed decision on whether she will go or not.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: AyeshaandAndre

Definitely invite her, but give her a heads-up on the itinerary ahead of time. Who knows - she may surprise you!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: AyeshaandAndre

Dear Ayesha,

Yes, she should be invited, but I suggest having a private chat with her to let her know what to expect, and to reassure her that you would not be one bit hurt if she chose not to attend. You might thow in the fact that those naughty cookies depict a sensitive part of her BROTHER's body, and that would be gross for anyone to contemplate. (Get out the brain bleach!)

This is a talk best held face-to-face, so your entire body language will reassure her. The fact that you are honest and straightforward with her could very well boost your relationship.

IDzine01 Posts : 26 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: May 2, 2010 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: AyeshaandAndre

I would invite her but would let her know on the side what you crazy kids are up to. She might appreciate the simple gesture of letting her know what to expect. I'd also tell her that I wouldn't be offending if she doesn't want to come but would emphasize that I'd love her to be there no matter her decision.
“Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.” -Sex and the City

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine