Felt Flowers

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Felt Flowers
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 11:01 PM

My FH has never been super thrilled about the idea of a floral boutonniere, especially since I've been planning on using gerbera daisies for pretty much all of our flowers, and so I was looking up pictures of button boutonnieres. While googling for ideas, I ran across pictures of felt bouquets, corsages and bouts. I think I might be in love! Has anyone else thought about doing bouquets or other traditionally floral elements out of things other than flowers? What are your opinions of non-traditional flowers? Tacky or fun?
This is where I got the idea, but I would make my own. Time consuming, but I think it will be unique, fun and save some money!
http://princesslasertron.com/

MirraUnwin Posts : 33 Registered: 7/20/09
Re: Felt Flowers
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 7:50 AM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

Hello! Your bouquets are part of the atmosphere of your wedding, and since you are thinking of using gerbera daisies as your flowers, it sounds like you want a fun, bright, happy wedding. This being said, you can go with quirky elements for your bouquets and boutonnieres. I've seen in a magazine that an eco-chic bride chose a bouquet of butterflies, just butterflies that you can buy at a craft shop. It was pretty cool. Don't feel the need to do just flowers or just buttons. Mix it up. Gerberas will be great with buttons! Martha Stewart did a spread of paper flowers mixed in with real ones at a reception. If your FH doesn't want flowers at all for his boutonniere, you can use herbs and greenery instead... along with the other fun things you've found! Good luck!

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Mar 18, 2010 8:19 AM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

I ♥ Princess Laserton! LOL I think that making your own felt bouquets and boutonnieres is a great idea. I don't think that it's tacky at all.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Posted: Apr 30, 2010 1:56 AM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

At first I was really against them, but I love them now! I hope my guests don't think they're tacky becase I love that they are handmade and will last forever (or at least a long time).
This is what I'm using in my wedding... http://www.etsy.com/listing/35161734/sophistication-bridal-bouquet
So I say go for it!

.:Katie:.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine