The Pros Photography

Online Users: 1,300 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

InLoVeInMpLs Posts : 8 Registered: 3/22/09
The Pros Photography
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 10:51 PM

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone used the Pros Wedding Photography? They have great pictures, but they don't meet with you in person, only email and phone, and that makes me a little leery.

I appreciate your feedback!!

Thanks!!!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: The Pros Photography
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: InLoVeInMpLs

Dear Mpls,

That doesn't sound good to me, at all.

I am interested in what Howard has to say.

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 2:54 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Hello,

First and foremost, congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. Perhaps you should take a look at a previous post on this forum concerning The Pros. Briefly, it was not very flattering. However, in general, I am against using a National wedding services chain(of which The Pros is one example) or large studio. I know a local Chicago studio has 1200 weddings a year. Meanwhile independents like me, may have only 25 weddings. Would you rather be 1 of 1200 or 1 of 25? Put another way, during wedding season do you want to be the only wedding on the photographer's mind or one of the 2-3 weddings they will be at that weekend?

Another problem with large studios is the staff turnover. You may not speak to the same person more than once. In addition, there will be many people handling your wedding photos. One of the key points I mention during my sales presentations is that as the photographer I'm already planning the album as I take the photo. I know how a particular photo should look. When I process the image, I complete my vision. When I have worked for a large studio, more times than I can count, my vision didn't make it through processing. Photos were incorrectly cropped, incorrectly color corrected or exposure corrected. When you are dealing with a smaller operation, there is more caring. Isn't that what you deserve for your wedding, a photographer who cares?

If you are having trouble locating a photographer in your area, I can reach out to some of my photographer friends in your area. Please let me know how I can best assist you, even if you'd like me to drive to Minneapolis and photograph your wedding myself (half serious) although I'll have to figure out a way to keep my wife away from the Mall of America.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: InLoVeInMpLs

Please please please listen to me when I say that The Pros will ruin your wedding day! I have heard many brides complain about The Pros and I have read reviews online that The Pros ruined their wedding day by not showing up, by losing pictures, etc. Never ever hire someone that you can not meet in person when it comes to something as important as pictures. I almost got sucked into their scam but luckily I did my research and ran far away from The Pros. They have packages (decent prices) where you can hire a videographer, DJ, and photographer. It sounds too good to be true because it is too good to be true. Please look into other photographers out there. I'm surprised that The Pros are still in business.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: InLoVeInMpLs

I googled The Pros photography complaints and many websites showed up. Check this one out:

http://www.measuredup.com/review/Our-wedding-photographer-lost-our-wedding-photos-8676

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

JaredRey Posts : 7 Registered: 4/13/10
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: InLoVeInMpLs

I agree with everything Howard said, I would avoid those large chain companies offering wedding services, too many things can go wrong and the experience level of these photographers are sub-par.

---------

Married my beautiful wife on 7/7/07 @ 7 p.m.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine