Gift Registries

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

babyhugs82 Posts : 9 Registered: 12/31/09
Gift Registries
Posted: Apr 18, 2010 5:02 PM

Hey everyone~
I'm just wondering at what point you should be registering for your gift registries????
Thanks in advance!

2bmel2010 Posts : 26 Registered: 10/7/07
Re: Gift Registries
Posted: Apr 18, 2010 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: babyhugs82

I believe whenever you want. Believe me when I tell you decisions on items will be changed a gazillion times. You need to also keep in mind that somethings you register now might not be available closer to the wedding i.e. china, bedding, etc.

If you want to start now I'd start with basics: kitchen, bathroom, wall decorations, stuff like that.
Hope this helps.

MirraUnwin Posts : 33 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Apr 28, 2010 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: babyhugs82

Hello!

You can start early. At least three months before the big day. That's what most registry places recommend. Right around the same time you send out your invitations. One reason it might be good to register earlier than this is because if you have a bridal shower, your friends can pick things off your registry to give to you for a shower gift. Good luck!

babyhugs82 Posts : 9 Registered: 12/31/09
Posted: May 21, 2010 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

Thanks. I guess my dillema with that is, my friends and family have all mentioned throwing different showers. One for friends, one for family around where I live, one for family downstate, etc. My guess is that they will be spread out over time, and I have 14 months, approximately, until my wedding. I don't wish to register too soon, but I also don't want my friends to set one up and then have me not be registered. Does that make sense?

Engaged2BeMarried Posts : 4 Registered: 5/19/10
Posted: May 24, 2010 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: babyhugs82

I've been wondering the same thing. I have a very long time to go, but I've read about people putting their registry places on a wedding website and I am going to have a website because my wedding will be on a holiday, so my save the dates will be earlier and the website address will be on those. Anyway, should I register that early, then? it would be a year in advance.....unless I add it later on.
"Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always." -RMR

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine