Bridesmaids dresses are not the color on the website!!!

Online Users: 1,364 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

headoverheels8 Posts : 80 Registered: 11/17/07
Re: Bridesmaids dresses are not the color on the website!!!
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I did tell them I would take legal action and report them to the BBB and they basically said "go ahead" I reported them immediately to the BBB and the BBB said they do not handle complaints of that sort and there was nothing they could do.

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 12:43 AM Go to message in response to: headoverheels8

I see how the mistake was made as the picture is clearly a dark purple color but the color name is basically a wine color... meaning that the color will have red in it.

BUT that doesn't excuse rude service when you've stated that you were polite and calmly seeking resolution, so I wouldn't blame you if you were out for blood.

I would write as many reviews online of their product/service and include their web address and company name... repeatedly. Because sites like Yelp and TheKnot have very high Google rankings and anyone either searching for their company name or their product will likely find your review with the right search words.

I would also send the picture you posted with a written account to The Consumerist blog. Seriously... A woman I know had a very serious problem with her local candy chain. After being exposed on the Consumerist, there was so much public outrage that the company pulled the franchise license for that particular location. At the very least, you can let a LOT of people know what kind of people are running that site!

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 5:30 AM Go to message in response to: headoverheels8

What website is this? Are they based in another country? Did the BBB explain why they don't handle complaints of this kind?

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2010 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: headoverheels8

BBB doesn't work that way, and won't be able to help. The link provided has a color note and it warns to view a swatch and that colors won't appear the same in person. Also, bordeaux color will have red in it. My daughter had bordeaux for her BM dresses, they looked just like yours.

Anyway, I like Myra's idea a lot and think the dresses are very pretty. Dessy is a reputable designer and supposed to be good quality.

I honestly don't think there is anything to "sue" over. Sorry. Maybe your dad can negotiabe some sort of compromise deal with them, but really given the warning on the site and that you ordered bordeaux and you received bordeaux, you just don't have the grounds for a viable law suit and they know it.

I'm sorry they aren't what you were expecting, but it really is important to look at the color swatches. If it's any consolation, I agree that you can blend those colors in and it will look beautiful together. Myra has offered to send you pictures/ideas, she's always got great ideas, so maybe take her up on that just to see what you think. This might not be the disaster you're thinking it is, although I'm sure you are very upset right now. Give it some time, see what your dad can do, and looka t your options for blending colors. The design of the dresses, and the material (and IMO, the color) really is very pretty and classy.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

2bmel2010 Posts : 26 Registered: 10/7/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: headoverheels8

It never hurts to call, esp since it's not what you ordered.

However, maroon & purple go. You can add some red, or go contrasting & spice things up with a gold or orangey color.

http://www.brides.com/planning/receptions/colorstudio/

http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/purple/results.aspx?type=3&colors=Purple,Red

http://www.reception-wedding.com/fall_weddings.htm (I don't think this matters if your wedding is in the fall or not)

http://www.shopwiki.com/wiki/Wedding+Color+Schemes

I'm doing eggplant, magenta & lime. Kind of similar so just to give you an idea. GL.

2bmel2010 Posts : 26 Registered: 10/7/07
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: headoverheels8

from the comparison of your picture & their samples, it looks like they sent you burgandy. I know you wanted purple but the color of the dress is still very nice, probably not want you want to hear. if you ordered the bordeaux then there is def a big difference.

GL getting this resolved.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine