Hide the Tattoo

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

VntgGoth2010 Posts : 57 Registered: 1/24/10
Hide the Tattoo
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 1:59 PM

Did some search but nothing came up and I would like to know what was done recently. So I have a tattoo on my right shoulder blade, nothing big at all but I definitely don't want it showing on my wedding day. Luckily, I will be wearing a bolero jacket but after that it will be bare. A big reason for hiding it is my FMIL does not know I have tattoos. Shhhh! But also, I don't want to see my spur of the moment decision in all my photos.

I've covered it before with MAC concealer and it worked okay but I'm wondering if anyone else has used anything else?
    When is my wedding

mrsj2011 Posts : 31 Registered: 10/21/08
Re: Hide the Tattoo
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: VntgGoth2010

I haven't used anything but I have seen in some bridal magazines tattoo cover up kits, not sure what the difference is with that and concealor. Also saw that Kat V Don has tattoo cover up stuff she used in a photo shoot and sells that product.

bwdcjk Posts : 11 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: VntgGoth2010

I have a fairly large tattoo on my right shoulder as well that will show all throughout my wedding and reception since my dress is strapless BUT I have decided it is completely appropriate for me since it's a cross & roses in honor of my parents who are both deceased. So, their presence will be seen and felt.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;3/st/20100626/e/Our+Wedding/k/bcdb/s-event.png[/img]

SMGray Posts : 84 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: VntgGoth2010

I love my tattoos and my fiance has a bunch himself, but my mom was really disappointed when she found out that I had gotten mine. I don't want my wedding pictures to be a constant reminder of that disappointment for her so I'm covering the one that would be visible in my dress (it's on the back of my neck). In the past I've used a concealer by Cargo to cover the tattoo, and it worked really well, but I only used it because it was the concealer I had on hand. I've seen a bunch of tattoo covering kits in magazines, and you could probably find a bunch online that would work well.

I usually try what I have before I buy something specific- so I'll most likely use regular concealer on my wedding day. I think the kits for covering tattoos are thicker than regular makeup, and I would imagine they're waterproof/sweatproof. I don't want anything too thick, because my tattoo is relatively easy to cover and I don't want to feel anything cakey on my neck all night.

"And so I come, to be the one, who's always standing close to you."- Van Morrison

Teedove Posts : 18 Registered: 5/20/10
Posted: Jul 4, 2010 11:32 AM Go to message in response to: SMGray

This thought occurred to me about 3 weeks ago, and I started tripping....I have 5 tattoos of the 5, 3 will be visible...the two on my arms and the wings on my back.....but i have decided that they are fine, neither of them or in bad taste they are acceptable so I am leaving them visble...after all I am going to be on the beach...My FH says that it matters not cause I am getting married either way Lol...What a sweetheart......

Teedove

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: VntgGoth2010

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine