Gift for the Groom

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28

MirraUnwin Posts : 33 Registered: 7/20/09
Gift for the Groom
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 9:14 AM

Hello. Are you getting a gift for your soon to be husband to give to him on the wedding day? What did you decide to do for him?

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Re: Gift for the Groom
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

I got him locket cuff links with the wedding pictures from both sets of grandparents.
wedding tickers

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Starfish, that sounds so cute! Can you post pics?

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Sure! I will take a pic next time I am at my moms (where I am hiding them). They are really nice so I am excited.
wedding tickers

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: starfish701

I can't wait! Where did you buy them from?

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

FH's father passed away about 9 years ago, so for our wedding I want to get him some sort of locket (a masculine one, not a little heart shaped girly one, LOL) and put a picture of his father in it. He can put it in his pocket, or wear it however he wants, and this way his father will be with him on his wedding day. If anyone knows where I can find something that'd be great!

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

AH (amazing husband) and I went to Vegas for our honeymoon. Just got back last weekend :) I knew we would have a full day of flights thanks to layovers so I bought him a book on Vegas to occupy his time. He had never been before and was looking forward to the experience of Vegas gambling. The book is called Vegas Confidential written by an anonymous pit boss. It is full of inside tips.

I wrapped it in travel themed scrapbook paper with a little note that said "for the flight" and had my MOH take it over to him while we were getting ready for the ceremony. He was totally surprised and loved it!

But, we did absolutely no gambling while we were there :( Never had time due to ALL the other things to do. He is in Vegas again this week for a work conference and found some time to gamble though. The tips came in handy, he broke even ;) or so he says.... hehehehehe

check out our wedding website: www.shawnandkathaeleen.brides.com

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: MirraUnwin

Call me weird but I don't see what the point is when the bride and groom exchange gifts for their wedding. Aren't the rings enough? Isn't the entire wedding enough? What about the vows? Isn't that enough? What about the honeymoon? Isn't that enough too? We are spending money on our wedding/honeymoon so we really can't afford to give each other a gift. Our gift to each other is our marriage. However, a girl on here posted in another thread that their gift to each other was a letter they wrote and they exchanged the letter before the ceremony. I like that idea because it's not expensive and it comes from the heart :)

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Dear CA,

"Call me weird but I don't see what the point is when the bride and groom exchange gifts for their wedding."

Call me weird, but I figure what happens between a husband and wife is their own business.

You know the guy well enough to marry him. If you want to give each other gifts, great! If not, great!

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

If people want to exchange a little gift before hand, I don't find that weird. Of course, I don't find it weird to not exchange gifts either.

I think it's always nice to surprise somebody--and surprising your groom with a gift I think is a cute idea--or a note or whatever. So I think I will give a gift.

I think the locket cufflinks are a really cute idea starfish. My FHs grandfather died not that long ago and he really adored him and admired the relationship that his grandparents had--they got married when they were 18 and were still madly in love when they were 80. Having a picture of their wedding day in a cuff link as well as his other grand parents would be really meaningful.

My only concern would be that he would buy himself a pair of cuff links for the special day!

FH & I always make care packages for one another because we are in a long distance relationship. So my other thought is a 'wedding day care package.'

Agape14 Posts : 201 Registered: 12/31/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I also fall into the "finding it weird camp", not the concept of surprising each other with some sort of token/sentimental gift, but when people approach it as mandatory/another step in the process, rather than an act from the heart. I know people who've bought cars, golf clubs, or other extravagant items that seem to be all about "show" and not about the meaning of the day.

But, I love the idea of the lockets, letters, things done in memory of those who have passed etc.. Those types of things have the right spirit behind them, IMO.

~~Life's tough, wear a cup~~

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: Agape14

Yeah that was my goal with the lockets. His 97 year old grandmother will be there but all of his other grandparents died. He was very close to one grandfather so I really want him to 'be there' on the wedding day.

I got them at.. get this www.cufflinks.com
wedding tickers

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

dun dun dun...

we find out that starfish is actually the sneakiest vendor of all and has built a relationship with posters and posted 460 times and then sneakily throws in her 'www.cufflinks.com'

...i'm going to go check out that website now.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

But WAIT! Brighter, she posted sometime ago, I believe back in post 146* she mentioned them in another forum to other brides.

*number completely made up to sound as though this poster is smarter/a stalker.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

oh my goodness! she's even sneaker than mizleading (or whatever her name was) who trashed the jewelry on her own website!

genius.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine