Need Strength Routine Advice(quick . . .)

Online Users: 1,350 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Mel2K Posts : 2 Registered: 4/12/10
Need Strength Routine Advice(quick . . .)
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 1:25 PM

Hi
I'm getting married in a private out-of-state ceremony in one month and then having a reception back home a month from then. I only have one month and I have 10 lbs left from the total weight I wanted to lose before getting married( I had a baby 5 months ago). Initially I was more concerned with looking great for the reception(which would give me two months), but the professional photographer will take the official wedding photos on the day of the ceremony(in one month). At this point, I know how I should be eating(and not eating) to support my goal, but my question has to do with exercise.
I have always been an all or nothing gal, which tends to lead to frustration at times, but generally when I am super determined I can accomplish a lot. This is a very super determined woman right now. The issue at hand is time, or the lack thereof.
Because of work and school and baby, I only have two 1.5 hour windows of time at the gym per week. In that window I do some pretty intense cardio and some weights, but no matter how hard I work, I know twice per week is not going to get me "there" fast enough. I'm considering adding a daily strength training regimine in the morning.
I need suggestions on some super effective moves to target my upper body, lower body and core. I tried doing Jillian Michales 30 day Shred DVDs but I tend to injure my knees if I do it daily. I'm just interested in devising my own plan and then sticking to it, since I know that I"m much more likely to do something everyday rather than alternating. I want to do the same routine every morning. Does this sound crazy?

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Re: Need Strength Routine Advice(quick . . .)
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: Mel2K

I wouldn't do the same routine everyday because your muscles will get used to it and the workout wont be affective. What I would do is alternate between a total body workout and individual muscle groups to keep the body guessing. It should help you tone and loose weight.

LorettaH Posts : 10 Registered: 4/21/11
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: Mel2K

Start a routine to build some basic strength. Made a two day split that alternates on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Focus on the bench press, incline bench press, squat, and deadlift, slowing increasing the weight. The other exercises are assistance, but keep them at relatively low reps. Also, after you finish a bodypart, you should do one set of 25 reps to create a better pump, with the intention of flooding that muscle with blood (nutrients).

opc | natural blood pressure support

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: Mel2K

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine