September 2011

Online Users: 1,345 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 38

tlynn88 Posts : 4 Registered: 3/29/10
Re: September 2011
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

Hey all,

I just got engaged about 3 days ago, but my mind is already racing with plans. We're planning our wedding for Sept 16, 2011. I've always wanted an early fall wedding because by time it hits mid to late fall in Michigan, there is already snow on the ground.

I don't have alot of things fully thought out yet, but for colors instead of the traditional orange, yellow and brown we are doing a deep red, purple and gold. One thing I'm really excited about is that instead of a full cake, we are going to serve cupcakes using one of those cupcake tree things. It'll be 3 layers of cupcakes with a small cake on top so we can still do the cake ceremony.

Congrats to all and good luck with your wedding planning

Edited by: tlynn88 on Apr 12, 2010 6:14 PM

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: tlynn88

Hi tlynn! I like your colors! We might do cupcakes too but we haven't made a def. decision on that yet.

SarahSarah Posts : 93 Registered: 10/9/09
Posted: May 14, 2010 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

I'm using turquoise for my color. We're getting married in a state park, and I thought that color would pop next to all the fall foilage and the river that runs next to it.

I'm probably using some red as an accent color, my grandmas favorite colors were red, white and blue, she was married in September and passed away last September.=[

I don't want it to look patriotic style, so the red will be used sparingly. I was thinking of doing a white cake with cherries as decoration or something...

Nicnak Posts : 27 Registered: 12/26/09
Posted: May 29, 2010 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: SarahSarah

Our date is all set to September 10th 2011!! Our colors are going to be....Colbalt blue for the girls, bright green for the guys(vest and ties), and our tables will be bright purple. We wanted different colors and fun colors. I saw the colors in a peacock themed wedding. I don't want to do the whole peacock theme but the colors look soooo cool! I have 5 girls and a bridesman and my fiance has 5 guys on his side. Our daughter will be out flower girl and my little cousin will be a jr. bridesmaid!

Our beautiful daughter, Jaylynn!

wedding planning guide

NoseInTheGrass Posts : 31 Registered: 11/1/09
Posted: Jun 12, 2010 7:31 AM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

We're doing September 10th also, as long as the venue stays open on that date long enought for me to give them a down payment.

So, far, we've planned to make the invites ourself, using a lot of CSA clipart. Something like this :

I'm going to DIY the table centerpieces with paper flowers if I can get them to work. I'm thinking about using tissue paper and making really full bouquets in short vases. Or colors are going to be a pale aqua and red, with brown highlights. It might turn out to be more blue/brown with red though.

We're looking at a farm nearby for the venue (ceremony and reception). It reasonably priced and the caterer we want serves there. Here's a ceremony going on there.

www.badgerfarms.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

MauraD Posts : 2 Registered: 6/13/10
Posted: Jun 13, 2010 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: NoseInTheGrass

Hey guys! My fiance and I picked Thursday September 15th 2011... I wanted it on a friday/saturday but my fiance wants to "save" some money so i said i would compromise and pick a weekday =/ haha. We are getting married at the Grand Californian Parkview Terrace, in the Disneyland Resort area!! Disneyland is our favorite place we are there all the time so thats where we picked our location! I still haven't decided on colors or any kind of details, i guess i am behind! haha

-Maura Darlene

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: MauraD

Nicnak- Those colors sound so pretty together!

NoseInTheGrass- I love those invitations! I would never be able to make anything that cool. LOL And that venue is awesome too!

MauraD- Getting married at Disney! That's cool! I've heard that it costs a fortune though, like simple flowers alone are like $4,000. Is that true?

We are going with a private room in a restaurant for our reception (and probably ceremony too). I just have to get over there and drop off a deposit but I can wait awhile for that.

I was going to go with an autumn theme.........................but I think that now I'm going to go with something like this:

elizabeth_anne1.jpg picture by Luca44

So the color scheme would be black and white, sunflower (or yellow) centerpieces, red accents and I would incorprorate a little polka dot fabric or ribbon in there. Love it!

~~~460 DAYS TO GO~~~

lissagettingmar... Posts : 22 Registered: 5/29/10
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

Another September 2011 bride here; I'm getting married on September 18 of 2011. (I didn't think of 9-10-11 - previously I was trying to convince my FH to consider 11-11-11, which is a Friday, but he didn't like the idea of getting married in November. He's startlingly traditional.)

We settled on our colors - blue and green - but the fiance is leaving it up to me to pick the shade. I'm pretty set on a royal/sapphire blue but I'm having more trouble settling on the green shade. I'm probably going to enlist my sister (the MOH) in this one since the whole point of selecting green was so she could wear a green dress :D But I also want to add hints of pink in - like me and my girls may carry pink or pink-tinged bouquets, and they may wear pink ribbons on their dresses.

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: lissagettingmar...

I think using a lime green would look great w/royal blue. And finding pink flowers for a bouquet will be easy as pie - royal blue is such a strong color, I would keep the greens and pinks on the lighter side, they should complement well!

Noelene123 Posts : 19 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Jul 2, 2010 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

I'm having my Wedding on Sept 24, 2011. I'm doing a tradional style wedding with Red,ivory and black for my colors.

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: Noelene123

9.10.11 girls!

Happy 'One Year Till The Day We Get Hitched Day'!

skdodge Posts : 1 Registered: 9/16/10
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 8:32 PM Go to message in response to: SarahSarah

Our wedding will be 9/3/11. I am doing a plum and green theme. I want my flowers to be purple and the BM will were plum with green flowers. We got engaged at a vineyard so we are mixing a little bit of a wine theme but not going crazy. Our table names are vineyards and we are going to have a bottle of wine from that vineyard on each table. Pretty excited about all the planning!

NikkiL Posts : 1 Registered: 9/21/10
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

We are also getting married on 9.10.11, honestly my finace chose the date! We are going with an all black and white damask theme, and the only "color" will be baby pink from our roses.

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: skdodge

the vineyard table idea is great! I'm sure everyone will love it!

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Posted: Oct 1, 2010 7:17 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

So far I think we are getting married in September, possible October. It mostly depends on when we want to apply/go to college in the same fall/winter. Most colleges don't start up til late September so we should be fine either way. I can't decide between an array of blues or fall colors. We agreed we don't want orange/blue or blue/red and brown/blue is too clique. I am also wondering what the weather will be like. If its anything like this year, I will have to dress in layers and be ready for anything! I'm actually hoping it will be cold so I can wear a cute coat or something :) fur maybe?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine