How to fix my Veil!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Chantale Posts : 7 Registered: 3/31/10
How to fix my Veil!
Posted: Apr 9, 2010 4:50 PM

I really want to use my mother's veil that my grandmother hand made for my mother's wedding. It's really important to me because my grandmother wasn't in my life for many years, and felt very left out in the planning of my sister's wedding.

It's a very beautiful sweep length veil with lacey edging. However, the head peice is more traditional with pearls, where my style is more sparkly with diamonds or gemstones.

I'm sure my grandmother would have no problem changing the veil, but how can it be fixed?

I need some ideas!

alymar Posts : 100 Registered: 3/2/10
Re: How to fix my Veil!
Posted: Apr 10, 2010 12:55 AM Go to message in response to: Chantale

Is there a way to add some sparkle to it? Pearls and crystals work really well together.

Sounds like a beuatiful veil!
Friendship is a wonderful base for love...
When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Re: How to fix my Veil!
Posted: Apr 10, 2010 2:37 AM Go to message in response to: alymar

So I was in a similar position. I wanted to use my mom's veil. Her veil was cathedral length with lace edging. It also had a Juliet cap which was, from what I understand, very popular in the late 70's. (Think romeo and juliet, the thing she wore on her head, not in the Claire Danes version.

I'm getting married outside and the really long veil didn't work with my dress. My mom said that she was giving it to me and I could do with it what I wanted. I ended up making the veil fall right below my butt. I cut it and attached it to a comb so it can go in my hair. If you are decent and patient with a needle, you can do it yourself. Otherwise, my dress place offered to do it for $50. So that took the cap off.

Then the color is slightly off. Becuase I cut it up, I was able to try a few ways to color correct the veil. I used Rit and Clorox. I tried both and the Rit lightened it up more to my liking.

I don't know if this helps, but I would suggest talking to your dress store when you find/try on your dress. If you can bring the veil, that would help also.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine