Wedding card box

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

vegas2010 Posts : 7 Registered: 4/8/10
Wedding card box
Posted: Apr 9, 2010 1:33 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a unique wedding card collection box. I want something more than a cardboard box wrapped in wrapping paper, but I don't want to pay $40 for a birdcage.

I was thinking of a basket that I could decorate with a few flowers but my fiancee would like something a little more secure.

Our colors are dark red and white and we're sticking with a simple but elegantly modern theme.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

hljanes Posts : 57 Registered: 12/31/09
Re: Wedding card box
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: vegas2010

Wow, it is way harder to find reasonably priced card boxes than I thought it would be... can you tell I'm nowhere NEAR that point yet?

These are not cheap, but at least you might reuse them in your home, unlike some gilded birdcage. They're photo-frame card boxes, and the more expensive ones actually lock. I might actually bookmark this page for myself, though I don't know if we'll want to pay the prices when it gets down to it.

http://theperfectcardbox.com/

There are also some cheaper ones here, but they don't look like they'll fit with your colors/style very well.

http://www.weddingaccessories.net/-strse-Wedding-Reception-cln-Card-and-Money-Holders/Categories.bok

Heather

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: vegas2010

Have you thought about using hat boxes? Our drug store here, London Drugs, often sells them for about $5 - 10. You could stack 2 or 3 of them, decorate them like a cake, glue the lids down and put slots in them for people to put in cards. You could also do one level for cards, one level for "wishes or advice for the bride and groom" etc

lln Posts : 1 Registered: 4/12/10
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: vegas2010

When my son had his wedding the bride wanted to use a basket so I mentioned a wedding box. She asked me if I would be in charge of that. I took a 12x12 cardboard box I had and cut a long card slot in it on top and then wrapped it in wedding paper. I took a black and white picture of the bride and groom when they were both 5 years old and pasted them on the wrapping paper and framed the pictures with ribbons and lace. I added lace, ribbons and flowers around the box to make it more detailed.
There were so many compliments that it was one of my favorite moments of the wedding.
p.s. I joined the website because I wanted to share this special moment with you.

vegas2010 Posts : 7 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 8:37 PM Go to message in response to: lln

Thanks for all the input. hijanes - I found that same website during my search! Like you I would like something we will be able to use around the house afterwards. Not a big fan of the hat box. And lln - I don't doubt that the box you made was beautiful...I'm just not crafty! I guess I'm too picky!

I think my future father in law is going to make us a little chest out of wood that we'll either paint or stain. I'm sure it will be great. But thanks again ladies.

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 9:27 PM Go to message in response to: vegas2010

I bought mine at Michaels:

Don't remember how much it was (pretty sure it was under $30). I love it because it's a pretty box without being too "weddingy" that I can store out in the open. The frame flips down, so that doesn't always have to be popped up.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine