I'm SURE he's doing it in Mexico!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

angust87 Posts : 35 Registered: 3/24/10
I'm SURE he's doing it in Mexico!
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 3:28 PM

so, i had posted a little bit ago that i wasn't sure if bf was backing out or changing his mind about getting engaged since he had said that he was giong to propose to me in mexico which is in 4 1/2 weeks, but that he wasn't ready. well, this last saturday we talked and he said that he was nervous and scared about our baby situation. long story short, i have really bad endometriosis and uterine fibroids and have had many surgeries, the doc said we'd never be able to get pregnant on our own, and we did, this last december, and had a miscarriage in january. it was awful and i had to go on antidepressants. it didn't hurt us, it made us stronger, but he is scared for me and scared of that happening again, or of me being in a rush the second we get married now that i know we can get pregnant and he's still hurting over the last pregnancy.
so, i told him that after everything that has happened, i'm not in a rush and i'm more scared than happy and that i have no problem waiting a few years. i just want to enjoy him and us and i would love to get married to him and have that honeymoon "us" stage and not worry about babies. we had been trying to conceive for 4 months before we got pregnant. i just want to be with him. well, that really helped him calm down about all of his fears and he said that he loves me more than anything and that he wants to propose to me in mexico and give his life to me. we had already picked my ring out last month...so, i just smiled and said that i would marry him today if i could, he smiled then said "well, i still have to think about it so don't get all wedding crazy" then smiled and laughed. i think he was just trying not to "ruin the surprise" if that's even possible, then he called his mom and talked for like an hour and came downstairs all excited, and watched a movie with me and cuddled! so, i'm thinking he's actually gonna do it...any opionions or comments would be great.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers    a PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: I'm SURE he's doing it in Mexico!
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: angust87

How exciting! It sounds like you guys had a very productive conversation and that things are moving forward. Told you it didn't sound like there was anything to worry about!

By the way, I have two friends that have endo. One has a 3-1/2 year old son and the other is due in late May with a little girl. Both conceived naturally. I'm sure you've talked about this with your doctor, but there's some sort of procedure that can clear out the endo and give you a better chance of conceiving. I think both my friends had that done at least once. Anyway, you're right not to stress too much about it. Just discuss it with your doctor when the time comes.

I am very sorry for your loss.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

aww, thank you so much. i have had 5 of those procedures in the last 4 years. they really suck, but the last one worked and that's how we finally got pregnant...we just happened to lose that baby too...but we're slowly moving on and focusing on each other. thank you for giving me your thoughts on both of my posts, it really helps hearing others opinions.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers    a PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Well said. A friend of mine who has undergone 4 open heart surgeries since birth, was also told she would never be able to carry a child full term. She did have a miscarriage at 6 months(very bad story), but conceived again shortly after and now have the most beautiful little boy I have ever seen. They have just started for their second child.

Continue with the good talks and continue sitting down with him. It sounds like you guys have a really good partnership and have no doubt you guys will figure what to do in your future together. Congrats on your new possible engagement! it must be soooo exciting!!

Make sure to keep us posted on the events!

ChrisBride Posts : 33 Registered: 1/14/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

It sounds like you guys have a really strong relationship and have already gone through a lot together. You must be dying to see how he decides to propose! The idea of Mexico sounds so pretty I can't wait to hear how everything turns out. Right now don't put so much pressure on yourself for children just enjoy being with each other and if it's meant to be you will be sent a child. It sounds like you two will be great parents!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: ChrisBride

Awww thank you guys. We do have a very amazing relationship. It's like when they say, "when you know, you'll know" I didn't understand that till I met Evan. We just click, and it's easy for us to communicate, which is great. well, 4 weeks till Mexico, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

LOnDZ Posts : 57 Registered: 6/10/07
Posted: Apr 3, 2010 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: angust87

Good luck and have fun in Mexico!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine