Brides Belly Buster Challenge !! - Come Join In

Online Users: 1,268 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 38

NicoleN1101 Posts : 44 Registered: 3/19/10
Re: Brides Belly Buster Challenge !! - Come Join In
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: kaydeegirl

OK I'm depressed today... my pants keep coming unbuttoned at my desk. I know it's just because I'm bloated and PMSing, but it sucks regardless. I could probably knock over an old lady to get to some chocolate right about now, but I'm not gonna give in. Satin dress is not forgiving... that's what I have to keep reminding myself.
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

I have actually been pretty good the last week or so - but I am scared for next week... I gave up Pasta for Lent (carboholic here!) and I know I'm going to have a hard time not overdoing it next week when I can finally have it again... Not to mention all the food that will be around this weekend for Easter - yikes. Have a feeling my diet is going to take a major hit in the near future...

Colelle Posts : 48 Registered: 6/21/09
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

I did my first day of the 30 day shred yesterday. Ow. Then I was on my feet for the next 7 hours for work, so when I got off work I was sore and starving. I had eaten healthy the whole day. I was in a bad mood and gave in--I went to Noodles and Company and dug into a bowl of Wisconsin mac n' cheese with a Barq's rootbeer on the side. Sooo good but now I have to make up for it.

I've been good today, just gotta work out and do my second day of the 30 day shred. Its a tough work out. Its nice out so I think I'm going to go rollerblading as well.

kaydeegirl Posts : 16 Registered: 3/22/10
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: Colelle

I've been quite proud of myself so far this week. I'm eating pretty healthy and taking it easy on the portions. Not to mention gettin gup 15 minutes early to actually have breakfast..

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: kaydeegirl

By the way, I don't know how many of you like to cook - but for me, I am constantly looking for tasty & healthy recipes to try. I have found a ton of Cooking Light recipes on myrecipes.com - I only try the ones that get either 4 or 5 star ratings, most of the recipes are pretty good. I am also a weight watchers online member, but I just found out that anyone can be a registered free member and then see the community boards/blogs where a ton of people post GREAT recipes that are diet friendly.

Just thought you all might be interested :)

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

recipes... that makes me wonder what's for dinner. LOL I can't let DH cook, because he makes things like chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes, or buffallo chicken quesadillas, etc. Last night I made homemade Cuban sandwiches, which wasn't the best choice, but not as bad as it could have been.

Posted: Apr 1, 2010 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

How's everybody holding up? I think my PMS is finally done, thank god. Maybe I can tackle the scale again in a day or two to see if I back tracked too much this week.

Posted: Apr 1, 2010 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

Last couple of days have been tough... I have a church conversion class every Tuesday (but it ends this weekend with Easter Vigil) anyway, we eat dinner together as a group each time and it's usually the typical group meal stuff - pizza, tacos, pasta, etc. Always tell myself I'll just eat the salad, but I always end up loading up my plate with the good stuff... This Tuesday it was tacos - so of course I had to eat a ton of chips and salsa - ugh. Then last night went to an Italian restaurant with my dad and FH - ordered shrimp & scallop skewers which was healthy, but then I pigged out on the bread.... carbs are my weakness!!! Hopefully I was good enough at the beginning of the week to counteract all this bad stuff recently. I weigh in tomorrow AM...

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

OMG I'm going backwards... only a little over 3 weeks till the wedding and my bridesmaids dress is snug.

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 7:31 AM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

So I buckled down and started getting serious about this whole weight thing again... I'm down 2.5 lbs this week so far. Only 17 days to go till the wedding. Really hoping to drop at least 5 more. It's doable!

Pocahontas626 Posts : 15 Registered: 4/15/10
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 1:54 AM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

Hey everyone, I'm new here :)

I'm Chelsea, getting married June 26th, 2010.
I REALLY want to lose 30 lbs by then.. rephrase that... I will!
I weight 170 at 5'7".
Tomorrow I'm starting Debbie Sieber's Slim in 6 workout.. I've done it a few times but never stuck with it. I think if I join a challenge I will feel obligated to post progress & answer to people, whether I know them or not :)

I need motivation! lol.

bwdcjk Posts : 11 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: Pocahontas626

Chelsea - we are getting married the same day! Ultimately I would like to lose 60 lbs but I know that probably won't all happen before the wedding. I started NutriSystem on 04/05/10 and have lost 7.2 lbs so far. My workouts need to improve...hit & miss and only getting in two or three a week. Me and a co-worker are starting off slow with Leslie Sandstone Walk Away the Pounds but I also have done the Slim in 6 and actually like it so I want to get back on that soon. It's tough though so, yeah, sticking to it takes will power. My FH and I also bought bikes and plan to hit our town's bike trail but he is only home on weekends - still it's something.

Lori
wedding: 06/26/10
weight loss goal: 60 lbs

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;3/st/20100626/e/Our+Wedding/k/bcdb/s-event.png[/img]

Pocahontas626 Posts : 15 Registered: 4/15/10
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: bwdcjk

and I thought 30 was too much to expect lol. You can do it if you keep trying!
FH and I also have bikes but i haven't been on one in a few years, I've put on this 30 pounds primarily in the past year. We rode one day and I couldn't believe how hard it was! I use to love biking, and thought it would be a breeze. Not what I was expecting.

Slim in 6 can also be really hard! it was SO hard the first time I started it but stuck with it until I got pretty decent at Start It Up. I tried to switch to Ramp It Up and couldn't get through it! I'm trying to really commit this time. I'm about to start right now!

Wompbride Posts : 5 Registered: 1/9/10
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: NicoleN1101

Emily -October 15th 2011

Weight loss goal before the wedding : 35 pounds (15 pounds before engagement photos in June)

Reason besides the wedding - I yo-yo. I have yo-yo'ed my whole life and I really want to become healthy but I just LOVE food. I am now the heaviest I have ever been but fortunately I am good at losing weight. I usually lose weight for big occations but my sister got married this winter and I didn't lose ANY weight. It sort of scared me how unmotivated I was. I do not want to be heavy for my wedding. I just believe I should look the most beautiful. When I am skinnier, I am SO much happier. I am more confidant and I think I am a better fiance (and future wife).

I do weight watchers points (which I would recommend to ANYONE) and I think I am going to combined that with the special K diet (I do that sometimes to kick start a diet after a long time of eating whatever I want) I want to be roughly 30-35 pounds lighter them I am right now for my wedding but my fiance and I want to lose 15-20 before we get our engagement pictures taken .

joynhiking Posts : 2 Registered: 4/19/10
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: kellyheartsjeff

Those temptations sure can get the best of us. I too have struggled with weight loss until afew months ago I was introduced to this wonderful product. It is organic with no stimulants. I too would go to the gym, cut down on calories, be really good for a couple of weeks and then back to square one. I felt like a yoyo. No matter how hard I tried I just was not able to get the weight off. Until this wonderful product came into my life.

If fills my body with such wonderful nutrients, my body nolonger has cravings. I can pass up all the cake, chips in the world ever since starting this program. On the nine day program I loss 9lbs, I have continued to use the products and lost a total of 30lbs. and feeling great!!! So much enery, sleep great, I feel like I am twenty five again.

I have included a link if you are interested in learning more. Also feel free to give me a call. I provide free coaching to anyone that contacts me so that you can have optimum benefits from the program.
http://www.isamentor.com/landing.asp?id=4053

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine