Buying a dress online

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Whitfry Posts : 2 Registered: 3/26/10
Buying a dress online
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 3:05 AM

So I'm on an extraordinarily tight budget and don't have a lot to spend on my dress. I know that there are several online retailers that have shockingly low prices, but I'm really concerned that, since you generally get what you pay for, the quality will be horrible or the pictures will misrepresent the products. I've heard so many horror stories and I know a lot of the ebay stores show a catalogue picture that does not in any way represent the dress you actually get. So I am extremely wary.

I did find a dress that is totally me and I'm just in love with it, but it was listed at an online store and while I love the picture of the dress and the website offers customer feedback and seems legit, I don't know wether to trust it or not.

Does anyone have any experience purchasing dresses online through ebay or an inexpensive online retail store? The place that has the dress I like is called lilywedding.com but I just don't know if I can trust the actual quality of their work. They have a no refund or return policy that makes it seem sketchy to me.

Anyways, any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If I were a letter of the alphabet, I'd be a Q. Then I could always be next to U!

NicoleN1101 Posts : 44 Registered: 3/19/10
Re: Buying a dress online
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 7:35 AM Go to message in response to: Whitfry

I purchased a designer dress through an online store and got a great savings on it, but I had tried it on in a store first. So many times with wedding dresses, a picture shows no representation of what that dress will look like, or feel like, on you. Now if you've tried on dresses in a similar style then you might be more confident. What is the stores return or exchange policy?
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!

greenandblack Posts : 44 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: Whitfry

i got mine in moday its just like it was in the store and 1,200.00 cheaper then in the store i would say yea do it do it

Whitfry Posts : 2 Registered: 3/26/10
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: Whitfry

I was planning on trying on similar dresses to make sure they looked alright, since this place doesn't have a retail store. BUT they have a no return policy which makes me feel cautious.

It sounds like some of you have gone online, and I saw a link. Where did y'all buy your dresses online?

If I were a letter of the alphabet, I'd be a Q. Then I could always be next to U!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: Whitfry

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine