LOVE this wedding photographer!! But she won't contact me!

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Re: LOVE this wedding photographer!! But she won't contact me!
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Howard, I think AOTB meant that the OP should not have a friend call and lie, saying they're a seperate vendor, looking to book the photographer. I don't think it was a slight against anyone legitimately calling on the OP's behalf, particularly you.

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind! Just realized you were addressing SB, not AOTB. My mistake. *:)

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Edited by: VšnTillBruden on Mar 28, 2010 5:37 PM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Dear Van,

" I think AOTB meant that the OP should not have a friend call and lie, saying they're a seperate vendor"

Yes, true.

My response was to SB who said the OP should get some friend to call and pretend to be a wedding planner. That's baloney.

Howard calling and interceding with the photographer, honestly, was entirely correct and professional.

JoelsPrettyPres... Posts : 41 Registered: 12/2/09
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Well I have spoken to the photographer, it isn't clear exactly how the mix up happened, something with her site we think, but she was very sincerley distressed that I was not able to contact her.

She quickly e-mailed me her pricing as I requested and assured me she does book that far in advance. We talked for some time about my wedding plans, my fiance, and the Prescott area. She sounded genuinely interested and was very open to future phone calls and e-mail contact. She apologized many times and was glad that I was so persistent.

We are planning a trip to Prescott to meet with her next month, we will see what happens from there. Thanks for all the advice, I will keep you informed. And thanks so much Magic Moments, I really appreciate all your effort for me.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: JoelsPrettyPres...

Awww, I love a happy ending!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Have someone contact her on your behalf stating that they have an event
company and would like to find out her availability for your date...It
can't hurt at this point, since she's not responding. Hope you get in
touch!!

Hello Van,

You're right, I was speaking directly to SB. I usually include a greeting to indicate when I talking to a specific individual. In addition, when I have comments for various people, I will include them in one post with identifiers because it is faster than making multiple posts, one for each person/group.

All:

The point I was trying to make was SB completely IGNORED my PP where I stated I had already spoken to the photographer and the photographer stated she wanted to speak with the OP. It is a pet peeve of mine that people don't read a complete thread before posting. Her needless post and the resulting commentary was a waste of time.

JPPB,

You're welcome. I'm glad everything worked out for you two. I too, love a happy ending.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: JoelsPrettyPres...

Howard; How very nice of you to set up an introduction. Way to make a happy ending happen!

JPPB; I genuinely hope that this is a happy ending for you! Let us know how the meeting with her goes. Hopefully her photography is everything you have been expecting.

Best of luck.

AudreyLiu Posts : 8 Registered: 4/1/10
Posted: Apr 1, 2010 2:21 AM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Awwww I hope things work out for you. And I think its great that he did the intro for you guys. I never trust tehnology. My dress place sent me a fax with some sketches and I never got it.

JoelsPrettyPres... Posts : 41 Registered: 12/2/09
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: AudreyLiu

First I want to say THANK YOU to MagicMoments, you are the best! Brooke and I couldnt believe you were able to bring us together, but we were so delited you did! Thanks so much for putting forth that effort for me and helping me get the photographer I wanted for my wedding.

Just wanted to update:

I met with Brooke yesterday in Prescott. She was amazing! So wonderful, just liked I hoped she was going to be. She was so down to earth, more like a cool person to hang out with than an uptight purely professional type, which is what I like. She chit chatted with FH and I about ourselves, the details of the wedding, what we have planned, especially little details, she loves those. As we spoke about our ceremony, particularly the part where Joel will be giving my daughter a small ring, she got chocked up, and said "I know I'm gonna cry at this one! Look I'm already misting up." She really loves doing weddings, she loves the atmosphere and overall just the chance to shoot love happening. She said she isn't like some other photographers who get tired of doing the same shot or pose you stiffly. She wants the moments no one usualy see's, she wants what the bride and groom want. She was born and raised in Prescott, and knows all the little out of the way areas that FH and I love so much.

Honestly she was perfect, of course maybe not for everyone, but for me she was PERFECT! Plus the most amazing part was when it came to the end, and we had selected what services we wanted, she sliced the price down CONSIDERABLY! She was very fair, and VERY practical about price and payment. No doubt she was an absolute joy to be around, she would be the perfect addition to our wedding day!

We are pulling the money from the savings account today, and booking her Tomorrow

Daisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine