What are you most excited for on your wedding day?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
What are you most excited for on your wedding day?
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 4:22 PM

There is a lot of venting on these boards (which of couse is a wonderful release!) but it is good to focus on the positive also. Besides the obvious of becoming husband and wife, what moment are you most looking forward to?

I can't wait to be getting ready in the morning, and getting out of the car and walking up the aisle.

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: What are you most excited for on your wedding day?
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Honestly? I am most looking forward to the part that comes AFTER "I do"....

But if I had to name something I'm most looking forward to on my wedding day, it would be saying my vows and hearing my FH say his.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

I'm also looking forward to getting ready! I think its going to be fun to get all glitzed up with my girls.
The other things I'm looking forward to are:

~seeing FH when the doors open and we see each other for the first time that day :)
~the vows, I know i'll cry when he's saying his!
~our first dance as husband and wife

check out our wedding website: www.shawnandkathaeleen.brides.com

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 7:38 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

The time I had alone, with DH, during the first look, before all the excitement started. Priceless.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Great thread!

I think what Im THE most excited for is actually right when were driving to the reception!! For some reason I just cant stop picturing how that will feel because I will be so nervous for the ceremony that I have a feeling it'll pass by in a flash and the reception will just be all this commotion of just celebrating so that moment right in between where I can let out my breath for the first time that day (if my dress will let me hehe) and shout it out that holy crap Im MARRIED is what I just caaaant wait for :)

Cyndi we are doing a private "first look" moment too and I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it :)

SweetSurrender Posts : 130 Registered: 5/14/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Similar to some of the PPs, I'm most excited for:

-our vows
-our first dance
-photographs (I love to scrapbook, look at old photo albums, etc. so I'm really looking forward to the picture taking)

I know a couple ladies brought up the first look, but don't know if I could handle that! FH really wants to do one, but I think I would just end up in tears and then be even more nervous/upset that I made my eyes all puffy before walking down the aisle. Then again, I may change my mind in the next two years... haha!

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 2:06 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

I use to wonder about that too, but then Kelley, on here told me how amazing it was for her and her DH. So, we set it up with our photographer and it was truly truly amazing. And I was SO calm after. Took away ALL my nerves. ANd the photos from them were some of our very favorites. Plus, it was our only time alone that whole day really. Everything after that was so rushed, exciting, fast, but that time was ours alone.

I am really very happy we did it.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 2:09 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Also, with Kelley's encouragement, we wrote our own vows. Took me FOREVER to write mine, but it was really great. I am pretty sure all our guests cried, or at least got emotional. Everyone commented how meaningful and how touching the ceremony was. I was shaking, quite bad, he reached out and heldmy hand and the vow paper so I could read it. He also got teary and he NEVER EVER cries. It was really an amazing time. Very happy we wrote our own ceremony and our own vows.

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 10:29 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Cyndi now that I think of it maybe I will be more calm if I have a first look. I keep getting nervous thinking about walking down the aisle. How did you work out your first look? Did you have the wedding party there with you too? Did you have the parents there with you? Or was it just you, fh, and the photographer? Did you go somewhere special to have the first look? Was it at the venue? I am so full of questions lol. Maybe I'll write a thread about it....

But I am more excited about many things lol:

Getting all pretty and dressed up with my girls

PICTURES! I love pictures!

Our first kiss as husband and wife! Even though I will be crying up a storm lol.

The reception!! I can't wait to eat all the yummy food and have people congratulate us and listening to our playlist of songs and of course the cake!

I also can't wait for the honeymoon. Hubby and I laying out in the beach will be great J

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

JoelsPrettyPres... Posts : 41 Registered: 12/2/09
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I am so excited about all my family and his coming together, we have a great bunch and its always a good time when either sides of our families come together! So I know that will be a blast.

I cant wait to take my mom out to buy her her dress and the morning when all our female family members are going to be getting ready together at the salon. I am excited for my bagpiper and my family coming from Scotland. I'm really anticipating the reception!! I am in love with our locations!

I want to see my dads face as he lifts my viel and gives me away. I very much anticipate our father daughter dance together, we are very close and he is so emotional about the wedding. I have never felt more like his little girl.

Most of all though, I can't wait to say those vows, I can't wait to see Joels face when I appear from the trees. And the way Joel kisses me, I know that first one will be the one to remember the rest of my life I cant wait for the moments alone in the car on the way to the restaurant, and being announced FINALLY as Mr and Mrs. Joel Duffett when we walk into our reception!!

Don't make a man a PRIORITY when he sees you as an OPTION. (my advice to any woman at any age in life)

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: JoelsPrettyPres...

I agree, I can't wait to be announced as Mr. & Mrs. at the reception! (and announced as Husband and Wife at the conclusion of the ceremony)

I am really looking forward to walking down the aisle with both my dad and my mom - although I have a feeling I will be crying out of control...

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

I cant wait to be sole beneficiary on his life insurance

KIDDING.

I really can't wait to spend my entire life with him. Although, I could do that without being married...so...IDK! LOL

Actually, I can't wait to exchange our vows and put his wedding ring on his finger

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

LOL Bosox. Actually when FH changed jobs and put me down as his beneficiary I was excited. Not that I get his life insurance G-d forbid, it just made everything start to feel really official.

I am excited for our first kiss as husband and wife and our first dance. I am also excited to see some of my friends and family who I have not seen in ages! Oh and our honeymoon ;)
wedding tickers

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

hahahahah! I had to say it!! hahahaha

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: Mar 26, 2010 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Gread topic! :o)

I think what I'm MOST looking forward to is the moment I see my fiance see me for the first time (we're not doing a first look or whatever it's called) as I walk towards him. He has the most amazing smile I've ever seen and I'm not just saying that, honestly...oh my god...and I know when I see it that day, it's for me. I'm actually a little choked up just thinking about it...................crap, I'm gonna cry on my wedding day! LOL

I'm also pretty excited about seeing my Dad and having a few minutes alone with him before I walk down the aisle. He's a really great man, I love him so much and of course it's not like he's 'giving me away'...I'm just looking forward to being able to share that special moment with him.

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine