jack and jill ticket prices

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Re: jack and jill ticket prices
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: hljanes

I have to jump in here... these Jack and Jill's (aka Stag and Doe) ARE regional and yes, some may consider them "greedfests", however, since these are regional, I'm not sure why so many people are replying to this particular post only to state that they completely dislike these parties.

I live in SW Ontario and this is an extremely common occurance. So common, in fact, that every single person I know who is around my age and married has had one of these. And people LOVE them! Cheap booze, good music, games, lots of food. These are actually pretty fun. And, in essence, the charge to attend is actually less than a cover charge to get into a good club in Toronto.

Ok, vent done.

On that note, OP - it's fairly typical in my area to charge 10$/person. Sometimes the hosts will allow a 15$ per couple charge but usually it's 10$/person. Hope that helps. I wouldn't charge any more and I would be sure to mention that you'll have good food and good prizes for raffles etc.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: Jade1107

Sorry for reviving a dead thread--but I didn't want to make a new one about stag and does.

I was invited to not 1, not 2 but 3 stag and does through facebook events today!

I'm so undecided on how I feel about them.

I feel a little bit like I am funding somebody's wedding (because I am)but at the same time they are supposedly very fun. I remember them popping up on facebook all the time when I was younger and being excited about one day when my friends started getting married and I could go to those--and now the time has come where I have gotten invited to 3 in one day--and I'm not sure how I feel about them anymore.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Dear BTS,

If you decide to go, just deduct the price of the ticket and associated party expenses (raffle, etc) from the cost of the gift.

Mercenary? Yes. But then so are the bride and groom who authorize a fund raising party for themselves.

I've said this before: Think in terms of your entire budget for this wedding. That includes any travel, gift, lodging, parties, whatever. You have $xxx in your bank account that you are willing to spend on this wedding and associated expenses. If you decide to attend the fund raiser, then just consider that part of the entire budget, and adjust other expenses (gift) accordingly.

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Well the decision was easy.

Two of them I can't attend due to being out of the country.

Another one is like...4 months away? So, I will probably decide in like 3 months and 3 weeks. Apparently it's because August is 'buck and doe' season in their area and they booked the hall they are doing it in and want to get word out early so that family and friends don't book their buck and does at the same time...weird.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Dear BTS,

Well, if there are that many parties going on and that many people, they probably won't notice if you aren't there.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine