My first year

Online Users: 1,298 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 7

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
My first year
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 9:54 PM

I joined this site to vent about my MIL and learn how to be a bride. I did lots of both before DH and I got married. I have shared lots of laughs, lots of tear, and lots of triumphs. Now, I can share my first year of marriage....who would have thought!!??? :-)

My wedding day had its bumps. I had a BM dip out the day of the wedding and haven't heard from her since. My MIL got hammered. I mean falling down wasted. I was recovering from a pinched nerve in my neck so I couldn't twist but so far without screaming in pain. Plus, DH and I were robbed two days before the wedding. All that being said, I'm in love with my husband and I loved marrying him. I loved seeing myself as a bride for the first time minutes before walking down the aisle. I love my memories. I love my pictures. I love transforming from being the girlfriend to wife. My husband is forever a part of me, no matter what our future holds. I'm forever in awe of this experience.

Never go into marriage expecting great change from yourself or your hubby. He still snores, burps, and forgets to say "bless you" when I sneeze. If you go into marriage expecting nothing really to change, you will be perfectly and plesantly surprised by everything wonderful that happens. I've been plesantly surprised by the silly wonderful things that DH has done. It's the smallest things, sometimes just saying "I love being married to you" or buying the kitties the EmeryCat scratcher because I hate our current scratcher. lol

We've continued to get into fights. Sharing the same last name doesn't stop the fights. It just means I can't run back to my house to escape the arguement. I have to stay in our house and deal with it. I have to learn to keep my mouth shut and pick my battles. Sarcasm doesn't fix anything when DH had a bad day at work nor is saying "Suck it up and stop being so serious." DH has learned I am not serious about anything, something he had clues to while dating, but had no idea it was such an epidemic. lol I'm responsible and professional. There's quite a difference!

I am in love with DH now just as I was almost 365 days ago. I respect him. I adore him. I admire his great qualities. I accept his serious nature and constantly try to make him laugh at least once a day. I want to inspire him to be greater because his joy makes my heart happy. I'll probably never stop cursing him for leaving shoes all over the place or sticking dirty socks back in the clean sock drawer.

I am a wife. I never planned to be this person. It just happened. A year later it's still happening and it's still amazing.

wedding ticker

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: My first year
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mushaboo I am glad things are going will with you! :) You have said some good points in your post.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Sunnijoy Posts : 32 Registered: 3/19/10
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

aww congrats to you! You are very blessed. May you have ever increasing happiness with your hubby! :)

"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever." ~Westminister Catechism

I try to spread my message to the world the best way that I can give it
We can make it, always be optimistic
If you don’t listen, gotta live my life the best way that I can live it
With the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains
And only the heavenly father can ease the hurt
Just let it go and keep prayin’ on your knees in church (Let’s go)
And be hopeful, hopeful, and He’ll make a way
I know it ain’t easy but - that’s okay
Cause we hopeful -"Hope" by Twista and Faith Evans

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Aww Mush that's sweet!! For my first anniversary, my husband and I had a nice dinner and we talked about out first year together as hubby and wifey. We also talked about what we liked and disliked, and our future plans.

I'm glad your marriage is going well and I hope it only gets better with time!

Lilypie - (8e8A)

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Congrats Mush! I'm glad evrything is going so well :)

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Thank you all. We are very excited. I never thought I would get married so this is exciting!!!

wedding ticker

luckystar8 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/25/10
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 4:04 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

It will get better as time goes by i think,my mother say it likes a new shoes,it hurt at the beginning always.

I am bit worried that the marriage will kill the love^^

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Congrats on one year and thank you for sharing your married experiences with us!

AmyJustin2010.Weebly.Com

Amy & Justin--Buffalo Sabres Fanatics :) 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine