LWD

Online Users: 1,275 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
LWD
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 8:27 PM

Anyone seen any cute knee-length "little white dress"? It will be serving as my "getaway dress". Ive been searching and searching and for some reason cant find anything I like - I dont care to spend a ton of money cause Im wearing it for AFTER my reception so in the evening and when driving off because we've got a bit of driving to do. I dont like strapless but basically besides that Ive got no other specific guidelines so Im pretty open to anything..any suggestions would be great! Thanks ladies!!

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Re: LWD
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

There's a spread of LWDs in this month's Glamour magazine. LWDs are just in general trendy this year, so lots of stores will be carrying them this season.

What range are you looking to spend? I know I would be able to give better advice if I knew what stores you are comfortable ordering from...

On the cheaper end, I would check out White House Black Market or J. Crew or Anthropologie.

For more mid-range (and not wedding gown prices), I would check Saks, Bloomingdale's and ShopBop. I know Michael Kors and Marc by Marc Jacobs have some LWDs hitting the racks, and if you find a discount code or a promotional sale you might be able to score a higher end dress within your budget.

TishaLynn Posts : 11 Registered: 6/28/09
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

I dont know how fancy you want it, but I just found mine randomly at ROSS while looking for other summer dresses. I paid $15.00!! Now cant beat that.

Good luck

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Mar 25, 2010 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: TishaLynn

We dont have a ROSS in my state but thats awesome for you!!

Thank you ladies - Im looking to not go over 200. Idealy Id want under 100 but realistically speaking I really wouldnt cry if it was a bit over as this actually WOULD be something I could wear again once in a blue moon (I do have lots of occasions that would be fitting for it).

I love a few of the ones you posted and one of the DB ones caught my eye so I will have to go see if its in any of the stores nearby! And defenitely picking up a copy of Glamour - I always love thier picks!:)

Edited by: MrsS2010 on Mar 25, 2010 7:47 PM

alymar Posts : 100 Registered: 3/2/10
Posted: Mar 27, 2010 12:58 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Check out Dillar's, JCPenny...

JCPenny - bridal dresses - they even have a bridesmaid area with some cute dresses that come in white as well.

Dillards - White Dresses - You can search by white on their site. Most of their dresses do not go over 150 for the LWD and they are always having sales.

I would just look around and see what you can find outside of a bridal store.

Friendship is a wonderful base for love...
When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine