ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???

Online Users: 1,260 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 83

lizzyb15 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/29/09
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 1:03 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

I'm so glad I am not the only one already looking at wedding stuff. My BF and I aren't even engaged yet, but I know he has the ring and that he has talked to my parents. We are hoping to set a date in March 2012, but it may take me an extra year to get my Master's degree and for him to have an established job. I'm still very excited though!

DianaPlansWedding Posts : 12 Registered: 1/3/10
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 8:27 PM Go to message in response to: lizzyb15

We are too! We're super non-traditional, and actually have two children and own our home. We decided to wait on the wedding because we wanted to be able to have a nice one and be able to invite ALL of our ENORMOUS families. We'll be paying for it ourselves too, so we just didn't want to do it unless we could do it right. So we're planning our third baby (fingers crossed for a girl already, LOL!) in the interim. We want 4 kids, and all in an ideal age gap, which is more important to us than the wedding, so the wedding must fit in around the family planning!

Do you know, FH and I had an amusing conversation about my ring, because he prefers rounds and I prefer Princess cut. He wanted to get me my preference, but I wanted him to get me his, because I want to look at it and think, "George got this for me, I love him!" as opposed to, "God this ring is gorgeous...oh yeah, George bought it." Of course, this only works because I like rounds too. If he said he liked (and no offense meant here Ladies, it's just a preference!) marquis cut, I'd redirect him but quick!

So it's a little early, but we're trying to give our families as much notice as possible, and I'm just really excited!

George and Diana

Deleted Posts : 23 Registered: 1/7/10
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: DianaPlansWedding

my fiance and i are going to wait untill 2012 also we are both in school he will be finish this year but im going to be finish in early 2012 i want a spring or summer wedding! i thought i was the only one that was in 2012 up here..lol good to know there will be 2012 brides like me!!

{*Nadia & Malcolm*}

ENGAGED:12.26.09

2bmrsFancher Posts : 2 Registered: 12/29/09
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: lizzyb15

My fiance and I are waiting until 2012 also! I've just been kind of browsing around but where and when to begin planning?! We haven't decided an exact date yet but it will be July, Sept or Oct. Someone's post said don't keep putting off planning because it'll catch up to you. But what can you plan two years in advance? I'm so excited and so lost! I'm afraid to pick out a dress, spend all that money and gain a bunch of wait or something crazy like that! Any advise?

The future Mrs. David Fancher!

CEHlovesCAD Posts : 11 Registered: 4/5/09
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: 2bmrsFancher

Wow, i'm getting married on 7-7-2012 (our five year anniversary) too! That makes 3 of us :] Pretty much we have some ideas of what we want to do, which is get married on the beach and have a beach themed reception. The only problem is that chance of rain!! We have time so i'm sure we will figure it out. We're young, so we are trying to save money for our wedding and finish college.

What are your ideas?
<3Cassandra<3

SeptemberBride2... Posts : 1 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 12:24 AM Go to message in response to: CEHlovesCAD

We're right there with the rest of you. I don't have a ring yet either, but we've discussed it and 2012 just seems like a good year for us. I will finish my degree in the spring of that year and he wants to buy a house SC, though we currently live in upstate NY. I think it's good we're starting early. Right now we're just disscussing ideas, saving and trying to work out a budget.
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: SeptemberBride2...

I am!! I just picked the date today. I'm planning for February 11, 2012. I can't wait!!!

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

We are waiting until 2012 too....basically when my FH pays his debt and we save enough to move into an apartment. I feel your pain. It feels so far away but it will go by quick! Just enjoy and DONT STRESS!!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Brandice Posts : 1 Registered: 2/12/10
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

We are waiting until 2012 also! I am in nursing school getting my second bachelors and we are paying for the whole thing ourselves. The added bonus on waiting until 2012 was I really wanted to get married on my grandparents anniversary and it falls on a Sunday in '12 so it works out well! 7/22/12! We have already put down deposits on the recption place. I feel like some people really judge you waiting so long though and it kinda stinks. When they start getting judgemental I say they can pay for it and help me finish nursing school!

LondonWinterBride Posts : 3 Registered: 11/26/09
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 6:51 AM Go to message in response to: Brandice

Wow...I am so happy this thread exists. Woohoo the 2012ers!

My Plans have since changed...keep you posted ;-)

Edited by: LondonWinterBride on Jul 20, 2010 11:01 PM

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: LondonWinterBride

FH & I will be graduating in 2012--in an ideal world we will get married that year--a few months later.
We will be finishing up our undergrads while planning and then getting married the following summer or early fall.

However I have always wanted a spring wedding--and if school is stressful we might want to push it off until spring of 2013.

Agghhh

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

It's hard to wait so long but I want to be finished with school first too. I plan on slowly working on some of the smaller details over the next two years.

♥♥♥ LUCA ♥♥♥

SweetSurrender Posts : 130 Registered: 5/14/09
Posted: Feb 17, 2010 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

FH and I just set the date for 7/7/2012! We haven't booked a venue of course, so it may change... but for now, that's the date.

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

Starqueg Posts : 17 Registered: 10/30/09
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

My bf and I aren't technically engaged yet, but at this point, it's a formality. We're waiting until he's done with Law School, which will be May 2012. I've already told him that I'd like winter 2012, as winter has been a good season for our relationship. We got together during a snowstorm and it's his favorite season anyway. I personally like 12-30-12, because that will be our 5th anniversary, and it's a Sunday.
I have to stop myself from overplanning at this point. I know that a lot of the dresses I like now won't be in style or available in a couple of years when I'm actually looking to buy. The rest is fun, like planning for our registry. If Game Stop had a registry, you'd find us there.

Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting so long.

Rachel

kms31690 Posts : 7 Registered: 12/23/09
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: Starqueg

Hey everyone! We're planning a February 11, 2012 wedding. I am so happy to know that there are other 2012-ers out there :) My bff is getting married this July and I'm her MOH so she's been keeping me busy. I'm getting a lot of ideas from her too. I figure that after her wedding, it will be about a year and half until our wedding, so I can really start planning then! I'm so excited!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine