1 week

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32

1stKiss4Him Posts : 32 Registered: 8/26/09
1 week
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 10:27 AM

I have 1 week until we meet for the first time..:) This Sunday, my worship leader called me out and I was so embarassed, all I could do was smile..:) This meaning the whole congregation knows now and my family is asking me about my "secret" boyfriend...lol. I'm saying a week because next week is my spring break and it would be the perfect time for me to introduce him to family and friends as well as spend one on one time with him!! I am so excited!!!

Future Mrs K

Part of a poem I wrote called Eternity

When separation deprivation sinks in
When the route to happiness is an eternity away
I dream of you and eternity is within my reach
Not knowing where you be next
Praying that God knows best
Whispering "I love you" to the sky
Hoping you’ll hear these words and know why
I'm part a part of you, always and for all time
Search your heart like I do when I'm away from you
My breath coincides with the rhythm of yours
So breathe and let my image fade within your heart
And for eternity where ever we go
We'll never be alone

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Re: 1 week
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: 1stKiss4Him

Not quite following... you're dating someone you've never met before?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

From her "About Me" Section:

"I am an Assistant Group Supervisior for an before and after school program. I've worked with children for 7 years, this is my calling I couldn't see it then, but now it's becoming clear to me, I met my guy online in 2000, we talked for 4 years straight non-stop. We never met during that time, only exchanged pictures. In 2004, I ended the relationship. Then in August of this year I "found" him again. I was surprised and shocked that he was a singer, but it was through his songs I came to know it was indeed him, In 2000, when we first "met" I knew I would marry him someday.. 10 years later, who thought we would be here?... I can't believe how God worked this out, He's amazing and I wouldn't have it any other way."

(I did her a favor by not using her original font color)

Frankly, I'm still confused. But, there's no question here, anyway.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Right. The internet is a very scary place to meet people. He could be a 67 year old physco feeding you pictures of someone that DOES exist but is NOT him. Don't you watch dateline at all???

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

whew - if not for MsD, I'd have NO clue what was going on here.

Now, I have like 0.01% clue.

Is this just an FYI from the original poster? If so, ok. It doesn't sound like the best plan ever...but good to know?

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: 1stKiss4Him

Songwriter,

I know you've been waiting for this for awhile (I remember your previous posts). Do you have a time set up to meet or are you hoping to meet him as before? How come the past meetings have never happened?

In either case, I hope everything goes as you are dreaming it will! We all deserve our chance at happiness. You appear to be very passionate about this exciting time in your life and, frankly, who wouldn't be in your situation? It's like a blind date that's been building and building.

Even though you've talked for years, you just never know with the internet, so I must say to feel I did my part..... BE SAFE! I'm sure you aren't a child and know these precautions already but, make sure you let someone else know what time you are meeting and where and also when you expect to be back... just in case.

Let us know how it turns out :)

check out our wedding website and sign our guestbook: www.shawnandkathaeleen.brides.com

Edited for typos: happydefiant1 on Mar 22, 2010 11:11 AM

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: 1stKiss4Him

I'm not one to judge: my father met my stepmother online (albeit through a dating website), and in the past I've went on a few dates with boys I met through Facebook (though they were friends of friends, etc.)

My only bit of advice: meet somewhere very public, just to be safe. Granted, it's been ten years that you two have been talking, but you can never be too careful when it comes to the internet. When my dad met with my stepmom for the first time in person, it was at a Starbucks. It left them to go on a date, grab some coffee (and sneakily verify that the other person was who they claimed to be). I met my dates at a large outdoor mall, and had a few friends with me, as a "group date".

Best of luck, let us know if that proposal comes. *:)

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

WoostaBride Posts : 220 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 10:30 PM Go to message in response to: 1stKiss4Him

Oh Christ.....

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 8:20 AM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

I don't want to crash your excitement but I have to agree with what was said.

I do know of a few people who have met online, even heard of couples getting married BUT working with the public, working with mental health patients and health care workers every day- I will have to admit, that the maneurisms and behaviors of your average "normal" human adult scares me. The idea and the mental behaviors that lead someone to seeking for love through such an artificial mean, really bothers me.

Not something for me. Best of luck.

Edited by: HamzicBride for spelling.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 8:29 AM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

There's a difference between meeting online and meeting someone from online for the first time convinced that you are going to marry them.

I met my husband online, but we met, dated, broke up, got back together and dated for over 5 years before getting married, living together for 2 years.

But good luck, I guess. Seems off to me personally.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I agree with Pharmtox. I met my FH on Jdate (Jewish dating site). I know tons of couples who met via Jdate many of whom are now married. I do not think that meeting online is a superficial way to meet. My fh and I worked insane hours so meeting someone on our own would have been difficult. Plus we both wanted to date/marry within our faith.

The difference is, we emailed for a week or so, then spoke on the phone a few times, then went on our first date. All of this happend in less than a month. So while the OP's situation is a bit um... different, there is nothing artificial about meeting online.

OP I agree with the others, just be safe. We do not want to hear about you on Dateline.
wedding tickers

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: 1stKiss4Him

Well in this day in age many people meet someone from online. What works for one person may not work for the next. Everyone is different. The only problem I see is if he turns out to be some sort of sicko psycho. Please meet him in a public place and bring a friend with you! It's hard to trust people now in this world we live in.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

When it comes to dating online, I think it's fine, but. . .

1) There's online chemistry and in-person chemistry. They're not the same thing.

2) The longer you wait to meet in person, the greater tencency there is to "build up" the person in your imagination. I don't think people should be on a pedestal for too long.

3) People can edit themselves online in ways they just can't in person. I can imagine someone having a really annoying turn-off (smacks gum, punctuates every sentence with "yo" or "ummm") that you wouldn't pick up online but would drive me crazy in person.

Still, good luck. Nothing wrong with happy healthy relationships, no matter how they originated.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

waiting2bemrs Posts : 9 Registered: 3/22/10
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

My friend met her husband through an online game. I thought it was a little odd, but hey it worked for them. I think it is great when technology can help us meet people we otherwise wouldn't have met. However, like everyone has stated, just be careful. Though I am pretty sure you've all the details already carved out.

wedbell Posts : 1 Registered: 3/24/10
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 6:57 AM Go to message in response to: waiting2bemrs

Hi,

There are times when we meet people in store , in a flight or in a train but nowdays we often meet people online. I met someone online and I never trusted him as i always believed that we cant trust anyone who is far away and we dont know him.

For falling in love there has to be trust and then liking and then comes love. Falling in love with a person online is more an infactuation than LOVE. . . .

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine