How and when to update?

Online Users: 1,243 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3

twilightskye Posts : 40 Registered: 5/20/09
How and when to update?
Posted: Mar 19, 2010 2:07 PM

I am just curious. WIth all my registry information being online and in the store. How often due you update the registry. I am having my first bridal shower in a few weeks and I will be having at least one or if not two more thrown for me, the just haven't set a date yet. Do you think I should update the registry after each shower, or just leave it as is? Should I only delete things I already received or can I add more items if need be?

TIA

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: How and when to update?
Posted: Mar 19, 2010 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

You're thinking about this too much. See how many people attend your first shower and what you get for gifts. If it looks like your registry needs updating, then update it. If not, then leave it. Do the same after the second shower. Then check it again about a week before the wedding.

Typically, you will not need to delete anything if you receive the item. If someone purchases an item from your registry, a little 'fulfilled' message should appear, so people will know that you've received it already. (This works most of the time, though you still might get some dupictates. Most people include a gift receipt, however.) As for adding additional items, definitely do so if the registry is getting short on gifts in a certain price range. There's nothing more annoying than looking at someone's registry the week before the event and seeing nothing left except big-ticket items.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 20, 2010 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

If someone purchases an item from your registry, a little 'fulfilled' message should appear, so people will know that you've received it already.

Unless you register at Target...then you WILL get duplicates and triplicates...of course, Target also has a freakish return system (and I mean that in a good way). We didn't have gift receipts for all of our items, so we carried them in anyway. One of the items we used to carry them in was a gift bag...They asked if I wanted to RETURN THE GIFT BAG....I was like "sure?" I didn't even know that was an option, but I was not also not above taking the money for something I had no use for.

Misty

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 20, 2010 11:32 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Really? I had no idea Target had that issue. I was looking at a friend's baby registry on Target just the other day and there were items marked as 'fulfilled.' So half the stuff on her list has probably already been purchased, but the registry hasn't updated? Great - all the more reason not to get something from the registry! (She had some useless crap on her registry anyway and was missing some basics that I know most moms can't get enough of, so I'll put together my own BETTER gift!)

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine