Weird symptoms

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Weird symptoms
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 11:46 AM

I don't know where to put this, so forgive me if there was a better section to post this in.

This morning I had a few weird symptoms that kinda came out of nowhere. I was in the bedroom with Eric, sitting on the mattress (which is on the floor right now, no box spring, we're staying at his parents right now, house sitting, long story). The mattress has about a 4 inch gap between it and the wall. Anyway, I can't really remember all of what happened- that is one of the symptoms. But what I thought I was doing was standing up to get dressed, next thing I know, I'm flat on my back, my hand flies up over my head and hits the (closed) door. I remember saying "ow" but then it seems like a few seconds are missing. Then I slowly "come to" and realize that my right leg and almost my whole right side is kinda twitching/jerking. But I can't immediately stop the jerking. Then a little bit more time passes and I "wake up" and sit up on the bed and kinda look at Eric like, WTH? About a minute later I get up and get dressed and go about my day.

But... it's just really weirding me out. Could it be something serious? Do I need to call my dr? Or could it just be something benign? What could be going on?

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: Weird symptoms
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Just as a precaution I think it's best to call your doctor. I am not a doctor but it sounds like maybe you had a minor stroke??? Maybe? I'm not sure. From reading your posts on Facebook and I think on here too, don't you already have medical conditions? If you already have medical conditions then it's even more important to call the doctor asap and explain to him in detail what happened. Hopefully there is nothing wrong, but you just never know. What does Eric think of this?

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

Hey Cheetah... Eric isn't really sure what to think. I don't even think he was paying attention, honestly. He did say he he noticed that I kinda fell back. As for other conditions, I have depression and anxiety. I wore a heart monitor for 30 days, to rule out anything for the very rare palpitations that I do get. Nothing significant on that.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

You really should be checked out. You could have had a mild stroke or seizure. It could be medication related or something else. Regardless, see your doctor a.s.a.p.

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Dear AGD,

You need to see a doctor.

Some years back I fainted dead away. I hit my head going down (no memory of that!) and had to get stitches.

Long story short, after being stitched up and after being thoroughly checked out (heart, neuro), I had a vasovagal response. It was not serious and I've been find since.

You need to see a doctor. Seriously. Go.

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I called my doctor's office and got in this afternoon. She was very concerned, and has referred me to a neurologist. She is worried that I had a seizure. So I will hopefully get an appointment soon, with a neurologist. My doctor's office will be calling me once they get that appointment set.

My doctor did do a basic neurological exam, and that seemed ok. But really, I have felt pretty normal most of the day. The first few hours of the morning I was a little off, but have been ok since then.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Dear Amanda,

I'm glad you are going to see the doctor. In the meantime, keep a little diary with your symptoms and jot down the date, time of day and what you felt at that time.

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Amanda,

I'm glad you went to the doctor,

I have pretty poor circulation, If I stand up quickly after laying down or sitting down for a long time, i'll start to get tunnel vision, and sometimes it will go completely dark. Once or twice I have actually totally passed out. One morning i jumped out of bed after being woken up from the phone and ran into the other room and answered it, well I passed out and knocked myself out on the concrete floor and kinda came to twitching with one hand on the phone, I had no clue what was going on. When I could finally get the phone to my head again, i could hear my boss on the other end going... hello?? HELLO???? anyways, i told her what happened and i went straight to the hospital, they checked me out and watched me for the day. In the end they said just be careful when i get up and wiggle my feet and toes get the circulation going again before I stand up.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 8:56 AM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Glad to hear that you went to the doctor. I was also going to suggest that you may have had a seizure. It's definitely worth following through with the other appointments, even if you're feeling 100% Ok. I'd be concerned about the tingling arm.

And your doctor probably told you this, but I'll throw it out there just in case: If you can possibly avoid it, do not drive until you figure this thing out. Whatever it is, if it happens while you're driving, you could seriously hurt yourself or others. Avoiding that is worth the inconvenience of having someone else drive you around. And FYI, if they find out that it was a seizure, your license may be automatically suspended for a period of time. My brother had a seizure last year and the doctor was required to report it to the DMV and his license was suspended for a time. That may vary from state to state, though.

AOTB, I've had vasovagal episodes, too. It was much more common when I was in my teens and early 20s, but I had a random fainting episode just a couple months ago. This one was really weird, as I didn't actually lose consciousness - I was mostly just freaked out because my body and mind weren't working. And it really freaked my husband out, as he'd never seen me have any kind of medical issue. So I went to the doctor and begged to be tested for everything under the sun. I think I had been to the doctor about fainting when I was younger and it was dismissed as something that's pretty common for teenage girls, so I wasn't tested for anything at the time. This time, everything was normal - which was surprising to me as I had convinced myself that I was pregnant and that THAT was the reason for the fainting. And multiple negative pregnancy tests were not enough to convince me that I wasn't. The doctor's assurance that I was not pregnant finally convinced me to drop it, but I still wouldn't be surprised if I woke up tomorrow morning to find that I'm 5 months pregnant or something - that's how convinced I was. But failings of my intuition aside, all my tests were normal and the doc diagnosed me with vasovagal syncope. The only connection she could make is that my blood pressure is generally fairly low (still in the normal range, but on the low end) - just wondering whether that's the case with you as well?

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 5:19 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4963 is just $399.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine