Hiring a person trainer

Online Users: 1,357 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

twilightskye Posts : 40 Registered: 5/20/09
Hiring a person trainer
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 7:47 AM

We are members of a local gym. FH and I would like to work out together but sometimes it is impossible to go together because of our schedules. I am kind of a afraid of going by myself. I was thinking about hiring a personal trainer to help get me fit and to lose weight

I weight 148 and my ideal weight would be 114 but I would settle for 120-125.

Has anyone else hired a PT before. What was there experience? Is it worth it? Any suggestions?

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Re: Hiring a person trainer
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

I have been working with a personal trainer since Sept. and I LOVE it! The biggest thing is you have to find the right one for you. I played two D1 sports when in college so I knew that in order to be in the shape I was used to and to be pushed like I was used to I needed someone who was going to push me hard and not going to baby me. Before I picked someone I asked around and I also learned who they were and watched them in action. I don't focus on my weight as much as I do on my inches, how I feel and how my clothes are fitting. I have toned up and it has helped keep me focused on my training. I do it once a week for an hour. I go 30 minutes early to do cardio so I don't waste that time on a treadmill... we work on a lot of toning exercises. Personally I think if you are going to spend the money why have them sit there and watch you walk or run on a treadmill... use them for what their education is in and that is being creative and working your muscles in ways you would never think to! My trainer also give me additional advice with my nutrition and another workout to do in the week. She is always changing it up so I am never bored. It has been worth the money- I pay $145 a month (once a week for an hour). Good luck!

HotFemaleMuscle Posts : 2 Registered: 3/11/10
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

i think getting started is tough for most people. getting a trainer would be good BUT, make sure they got good nutrition knowledge and ask if they train people for bodybuilding shows and contest preparation.

You wuold ideally want to work with woman bodybuilders because they know nutrition inside and out and how to train well. you can easily hit that mark!

good luck
I am one of many Woman Bodybuilders. I met my fiance at the gym when I asked him if he was into hotfemalemuscle ? He said I sure am. Thats how we met. Now we are having a bodybuilder based wedding. Ya, we are a little crazy.

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

There are trainers in my town who specialize in working with brides to be. I'm not sure if there are any such specialized trainers in your town but it would be nice if you could work with someone who is bride friendly. :)

Good luck. You can do it girlfriend!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

Rockstarbabu1 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/13/10
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 12:51 AM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

I have hired a personla trainer and seen some good results. Let's be honest, just going to the
gym is not enough. Certainly you can
make progress and get results. The
problem is you are probably not
getting the results you could be
getting if you had the help from a Personal
Fitness Trainers who can design workouts
that target your trouble spots.
Most people know how to do some
basic exercises but they usually
aren't aware of the most effective
movements and / or techniques that
will get you the results as fast and
safe as possible.

jackquil Posts : 1 Registered: 2/21/10
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 1:41 AM Go to message in response to: Rockstarbabu1

good points. you'll always see a faster rate of loss when you first begin exercising/counting calories but then it slows down. TH ekey is to keep yourself motivated and a PT helps enormously in that.
forex software

Edited by: jackquil on Apr 9, 2010 5:22 AM

agnibemsr6 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/14/10
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 12:07 AM Go to message in response to: triciam

"The biggest thing is you have to find the right one for you."

I agree with you on that. I have been working with my PT for about 2 years now, but yeah, finding him was far from easy. It is not enough that the trainer is well experienced, you also need to make sure that the trainer understands your mind and body well. If you can find the "perfect" trainer then the rest is a breeze. There is nothing worse than having a bad trainer and nothing better than finding a good trainer. It is just like wedding: you got to choose the "right" partner for yourself or your married life is doomed. ;)

Agnideb Mishra

BlueBoxBlueShoes Posts : 49 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 1:17 AM Go to message in response to: agnibemsr6

I love my PT!

I didn't really have weight to lose, but I had expressed an interest to my BF about taking up boxing as an activity. I thought that if I could LEARN to really box (not just a boxing/aerobic mix), then once we moved again I could just find a gym with a punching bag and be okay for a while. So, my BF got me lessons with a MMA fighter!

What's great about having a more unconventional trainer is that he is not used to training skinny little girls like me. He's used to training tough guys that can do the toughest exercises, so even when he thinks he's going easy on me I REALLY feel the work-out a day later!

After six weeks: NO muffin top, a six pack, a very high and perky butt (passed the pencil drop test), slim "spaced" thighs, and GREAT arms from all that punching!

I plan on continuing with him, even after my lessons expire.

kellyheartsjeff Posts : 66 Registered: 2/25/09
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: BlueBoxBlueShoes

I am working with a Personal Trainer right now and LOVE it. FH got me personal training sessions for Xmas (I asked for them - always have to make that disclaimer...) My gym only offers 1/2 hour sessions, which didn't seem like enough - but then I started them and believe me - it's enough! Usually I am sore for the next week from one session! And I have only been doing them since January but I can tell a major difference - and I already worked out a lot before I started the sessions (and I was lifting weights with FH, the whole nine yards before starting training). The trainers just make you work a lot harder and work more muscle groups at a time. Not to mention if you get a creative one that makes you do exercises you would never do on your own. And usually they will give you some workouts that you can do on your own at the gym for days that you aren't training with them. I think once you get more comfortable with the trainer then you would probably be more comfortable working out on your own at the gym on off-trainer days? I think half the battle is learning your way around the gym and how to use all the machines properly.

I agree with the PP's that you have to find the right trainer for you. I also think if you feel intimidated working out by yourself that some of the group classes most gyms offer might work for you? Just a thought.

jujugirl Posts : 42 Registered: 4/8/10
Posted: Apr 11, 2010 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Personally I would hire a PT. For me it was the best thing I ever did. I have lost 85 lbs with my PT and I am now in the best shape of my life. The best part for me was my insurance covered my PT so I never had to pay for him with my own money. Its great and I love going to the gym now.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Sexy Deep Sweetheart with Spaghetti straps Knee-length Organza Cocktail Dress
Save up to 44% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $78.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sexy-deep-sweetheart-with-spaghetti-straps-kneelength-organza-cocktail-dress-p-32631.html

prettymie Posts : 10 Registered: 9/14/12
Posted: Sep 28, 2012 5:22 AM Go to message in response to: jujugirl

my personal trainer always taught me to believe in my capacity to do what ever it takes to reach my goal. its good to have a personal trainer because they will keep you motivated missed your session with so its worth the money you'll pay, and keep track on your progress.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 3123 is just $359.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine