Thoughts on Light Gold wedding dress

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

hadd16 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/12/10
Thoughts on Light Gold wedding dress
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 10:02 AM

Hi -
I saw a dress that I loved, and that was very flattering on, however it is light gold, not ivory or white.
I was worried about the light gold color - I don't want to be "the bride in the yellow dress"!! It only looks more toward the yellow side when up against something that is truly white, but for some reason I cannot stop worrying what people will think. I'm not a very traditional person, so the style of the dress suits who I am, but just concerned about the tint of the fabric. 1985 prom keeps popping into my head!!! I need someone to tell me it's going to be ok. Hahaha. Here is a pic of the dress (obviously not me in the photo - although I wish it were)

http://www.bestbridalprices.com/images/jaquelin/br/large/9611.html

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Re: Thoughts on Light Gold wedding dress
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: hadd16

I think that brides are experimenting with color a lot more now than in the past, and I think the light gold is unique and stunning! You should get what makes you happy! It's your wedding, so ultimately you're the one who needs to be happy with what you're wearing. I think even the very traditional will see how beautiful and happy you are in your dress, and no one will care that it's not white. I like the idea of light gold, it seems very glamourous! You'll look your best if you stay true to yourself.

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

I love the dress. It is awesome. Go with it and do what makes you happy.

tammyrosick Posts : 7 Registered: 2/9/10
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: hadd16

I think light gold looks beautiful, however if you have doubts now, I'm worried that getting it will haunt you...

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: hadd16

I was looking at the same type of dress and I was advised just to make sure any accents that were suppose to be white such as the ribbon around my flowers to make sure it is a light gold... that way it won't look like a dirty white. I love the light gold color with my skin tone- it looked better than the white and the ivory. So if it looks good with your skin tone just be careful not to use white with your decorations (including the linens).

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: hadd16

It looked more pink than gold on my monitor - but either way, the color is very subtle and I'm sure it would look beautiful on the right skin tone.

I wouldn't even think twice about it, except perhaps to say, 'What a beautiful, unique color!' But my opinion doesn't matter. How do YOU feel about it? Did you always dream of getting married in a white dress, and if so, how attached are you to that idea? If you can let go of the white dress image and embrace this one, go for it - but if you aren't 100% happy with it, find another dress.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

JanaJohnson Posts : 4 Registered: 3/9/10
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: hadd16

Love it, love it, love it!

It's so soft it almost looks like champagne.

You say that you're a non-traditional person. Well, don't you think your friends and family already know that? :) They're probably wondering what you're going to do that's different.

And, to be honest, it's such a soft gold that most people will probably not be able to tell exactly what color it is.

When you said that you were worried about an '80s look, I thought it was going to look like a gold disco ball! Well, it doesn't look anything like an '80s prom dress. It really is stunning.

And if you love it, that's really all that matters. It's your wedding and that's the most important thing to think about. How does it make YOU feel?

In the end, when you look back at your wedding photos, you'll be happy that you wore the dress that made you glow.

I'm sure you'll make a gorgeous bride and your FH is going to be breathless when he sees you. :)

Much happiness to you both!

Jena Johnson
Associate
Bridal-bags.com

hadd16 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/12/10
Posted: Mar 17, 2010 9:08 AM Go to message in response to: JanaJohnson

Thanks so much to everyone for the encouraging words. I never realized how stressful all this can be - and this is just the beginning!!! I had another meltown last night not about the color anymore but about the material. It photographs a bit shiny because it's taffeta, so I'll just have to make sure no one aims a flash right at it as it may blind them! Hahahaha. I love the dress though, because it's unique, and it feels like me...I think I have to stop worrying about it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine