What's Your Favorite Bridal Fashion Trend?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 27

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Re: What's Your Favorite Bridal Fashion Trend?
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

I love all the ruffles (more like dresses made with tiers of lace) and bows on everything, I guess I'm a girly girl :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

VšnTillBruden Posts : 353 Registered: 1/16/10
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Looking for a little help, girls!

Can anyone post some pictures of alternatives to traditional tuxes, that still fall in the category of formal wear (no khakis and white button down shirts)? I know there are standard suits, and even zoot suits, but I'm looking for something else, a little more "out there". The groom I'm window shopping for wore a Pepto-Bismal colored zoot suit to Homecoming during high school, if that gives you any idea of why I need something a little unique. *:P He's in the Army, but is very reluctant to wear his uniform, and wants something that suits his personality more.

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Is he opposed to the Bonnie Prince Charlie and Kilt?

Misty

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 7:44 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

He is not shy about kilts, but he's literally every ethnicity under the sun EXCEPT Irish and Scottish. (The groom in question is my BF's best friend, BF is serving as best man.)

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most. (Swedish proverb)

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 7:08 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Talked to the groom: he is "Moroccan, Italian, Egyptian, Spanish, and French". He is very proud of his diverse background, and identifies the most with his Moroccan roots. I think maybe it could be fun to explore the idea of traditional garb from these cultures, especially as it leaves room for lots of crazy colors, which is what the groom really wants.

So, I googled "Moroccan Groom" and "Moroccan Groom Outfit" (amongst other things of that nature) for outfit ideas, and it was really hard to find pictures of things. Evidently tradition dictates that both the bride and groom change outfits often during the evening. "Usually the groom will wear a Western standard suit to begin the ceremony, but will later change into traditional wedding clothes." Where are these traditional wedding clothes?! The only thing I can find info on are the takshitas and kaftans for Moroccan brides and bridesmaids, but nothing on what the guys wear! Typical wedding websites, never catering to men. *;)

Anyone else have some ideas?

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I would think that if he identifies with the Moroccan part of himself, then really all the bride needs to do is encourage him the wear something honoring that at the wedding. He should know more about it, since he embraces it. And if nothing else, he has relatives he can ask. He just needs to know that the bride is all right with this.

And he should find out soon what it is...it might be something that becomes a major element in their wedding

Misty

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

You're right, Cat. I spoke with the bride, & she and Groom are going to mull it over. He seemed excited about the idea. If it comes to fruition, I will be sure to post a ton of pictures of the outfit. From what I was told, Moroccan men like to wear the Fez hats to these events! I keep picturing the Groom, BF, and the other groomsmen in Fez hats, and it's making me laugh hysterically.

http://www.travel-images.com/syria160.jpg

Posted: Mar 18, 2010 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Gorgeous! I also love the colored sash. Any little pops of color in the wedding decor is a plus, for me. *:P

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Mar 19, 2010 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Dresses in color, or with color. I had pink sash on mine but I've seen some that are all a different color and have loved those as well! JosesGirl, on here, wore a pink one. Loved it. Grooms doing planning, mine did, lots of it. And, I like those other veil choices, but can't wear hats and the bird cage wouldhave looked really silly on me.

ALSO, the first look time before the wedding, alone with groom. Awesome, favorite thing other than being married, we did that day.

And, yes, wedding rings in gems you like not just diamond. Our rings were family rings, but if we redo them, then mine will have pink sapphire added. His ( my dads) already has blue sapphire in it.

Non traditional cakes, fun cakes, cupcake cakes, candy cakes.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6731 is just $409.99.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 25, 2012 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6728 is just $309.99.

Josephina Posts : 3 Registered: 1/7/13
Posted: Jan 8, 2013 4:39 AM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

I personally love traditional white wedding dresses. White symbolizes pure, it is also my favorte color.

Bonnie66 Posts : 5 Registered: 1/7/13
Posted: Jan 8, 2013 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: VšnTillBruden

After browsing so many styles of wedding dresses ,you must want to have one that is both in fashion and perfect for your body shape. I think cap sleeve wedding gown is just one of the newest trends in bridal wear.The so-called cap sleeves are in cap-shape, a little wider than normal shoulder straps size, which only cover the shoulder edges.Usually, the cap sleeve is made from lace or tulle, which enhances a brideís feminine charm and elegance.Matching with sweetheart neckline design, the cap sleeve also adds extra romantic touch to the brideís style, making her princess dream come true.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine