Should I include her or not?

Online Users: 1,344 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

VntgGoth2010 Posts : 57 Registered: 1/24/10
Should I include her or not?
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 1:58 PM

Opinions please.

We are getting married in Italy and fortunately a few of my friends are able to attend. 3 to be exact. Two of the girls, I am really close with and the last one, we're good friends. I've asked my two close friends to be my MOHs.

I'm wondering if I need or should include the 3rd girl in the ceremony somehow. I wasn't going to have any type of a Bridal Party but the Catholic church (having Catholic ceremony) is requesting I have a MOH. I ended up choosing the two girls because they have really helped me through out this process.

Anyway, I don't want the 3rd girl to feel left out or bad but not sure if she would feel like I'm just adding her because she's there.
    When is my wedding

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Re: Should I include her or not?
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: VntgGoth2010

If it is a small, intimate wedding and you are only having three of your closest friends there, I would probably feel left out if I were not included. It is up to you of course, but if the friend is willing to spend the money and take the time off work, etc. to be there, I personally think it would be nice to include her. But only do it if you want her to be part of the ceremony. I guess what I am trying to say is that everything you do, try to do so with pure intention. If you don't want her to stand up for you, perhaps you could find something else very special for her to do. Congrats on your engagement. I am sure you will have a beautiful wedding!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: VntgGoth2010

With a really small wedding, it seems like it would be awkward if almost all the guests are in the WP. I would stick to the two you've already asked.

That said, if you really want her to be in it, then ask her. But don't feel like you have to just because she is attending the wedding. There will presumably be other guests at the wedding, so I doubt she'll feel like she's the only one invited, but not asked to be in the WP.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

zimi61 Posts : 12 Registered: 8/8/09
Posted: Mar 9, 2010 6:42 PM Go to message in response to: VntgGoth2010

Maybe it won't be a big deal, but if I were her I think I would feel a little left out after all the effort it took to get to the ceremony in the first place and the limited size of it all. If you don't want to add her to the party though, maybe she can do a reading or something for your ceremony instead to give her a feeling of inclusion.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine