What's for Dinner?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 34

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Re: What's for Dinner?
Posted: Feb 28, 2010 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Sounds dee-lish, BTS! I love mexican dishes, and espeically guacamole. I add green tomatoes to mine, though. It gives it an extra kick of flavor. Yummm. :)

Tonight was:

Oven-baked Pork Chops (I wrap a chop, seasoned, and topped with potato and onion slices, in aluminum foil for baking.)
Brown Rice
Green Beans
Fresh Corn on the Cob

Visit our Wedding Website!  www.theknot.com/OurWedding/TanyaEdwards&RichardHutto

Wedding Countdown Ticker

MarissaRowland Posts : 33 Registered: 10/2/09
Posted: Feb 28, 2010 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

My own 'Chicken "NOT" Fried Rice' recipe using brown rice! I have an unfair advantage since I live right by a Trader Joe's but its
1/2 Bag cooked brown rice
1 chicken breast cut small pieces (I add salt and lemon pepper or reg pepper)
garlic
1/2 pre packaged stir fry veggies
2 eggs
soy sauce
general tsao's sauce (or any sweet n sour/teriyaki type sauce)

I start by cooking the chicken pieces with a bit of olive oil. After its been on a few mins I add the veggies and garlic paste (or diced cloves). The brown rice comes in a vacuum sealed bag, you open slightly and nuke for 1min. I add 1/2 the bag of rice, and a bit of soy sauce. I then scramble an egg in a separate pan and add to the mixture and top off with the General Tsao's sauce.

Sometimes I add red pepper flakes for extra kick! I like it flavorful so I can be a bit liberal with the sauces, but season to taste.

This recipe usually feeds 2 people decent sized portions. Use the whole bag of rice and extra chicken or veggies if you want bigger servings or if you have more than 2 people.

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: Feb 28, 2010 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

Oh how I'd love to have some corn on the cob, mmmm!!

Today's my brother's birthday, he turned 26, so I had him, his wife and my baby nephew over for dinner. I made buttermilk fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and cornbread - so good. I also made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing, his favorite :o)

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: TheeBride

Tonight we are having penne pasta with marinara sauce and sweet italian sausage. Mmm! I could eat pasta everyday!

Promote My Wedding
Wedding Ticker from PromoteMyWedding

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: Marryingmytruel...

^^Me, too, girl!

Tonight's dinner is a dish, of our choice, from our favorite little Mexican restaurant. Wooohooo! :) I got my annual bonus, today, so we're gonna celebrate!

Visit our Wedding Website!  www.theknot.com/OurWedding/TanyaEdwards&RichardHutto

Wedding Countdown Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine