Avoiding Tan Lines

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

twilightskye Posts : 40 Registered: 5/20/09
Avoiding Tan Lines
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 7:41 AM

I am getting married and August and I have pretty fair skin. I refuse to tan because for 1) I have never done it and 2) it probably would look not look natural on my skin.

However, in the summer when I go outside sometimes I get a weird tan line from my clothes I am wearing. Since I am wearing a strapless dress, I kind of want to avoid all tan lines. Is there a way to do this. I don't want my skin to look all weird on my wedding day.

triciam Posts : 128 Registered: 2/19/09
Re: Avoiding Tan Lines
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

My first suggestion is for every day use anyways to protect your skin- wear sunscreen! Even in the winter you should have it on your face. There are facial lotions with it already in it. Depending on what you wear make sure you put some sunblock on before you get dressed and that should help avoid the unwanted tan lines.

Another thing to attempt is spray tanning. I would suggest going to an actual person to do it not the machines. Also, if this is something you are considering do it well before your wedding to make sure it looks natural. This is another way to cover up some tan lines (that is why a well trainer person is better than a machine). Spray tanning if done right does look natural but it only lasts for a couple days.

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

If you want to be sure you don't get tan lines, wear really protective sunscreen on your shoulders, neck, and back for the few months leading up to the wedding.

The other thing you can do is avoid strappy or halter tops during the summer before your wedding.

AmyJustin2010.Weebly.Com

Amy & Justin--Buffalo Sabres Fanatics :) 

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: twilightskye

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless CockTail Beading Empire Waist Zipper Chiffon prom Dresas
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $118.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-cocktail-beading-empire-waist-zipper-chiffon-prom-dresas-p-32013.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine