Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 46

Karebear852k3 Posts : 6 Registered: 10/5/09
Re: June 2011 Brides!
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: lilnikki

Me too! Happy wedding day to us! :)

Karebear852k3 Posts : 6 Registered: 10/5/09
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 2:25 PM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

I am also getting married June 2011. We are getting married June 11th, 2011. We were set on June because we met and got together in June (June 22nd, 2001 is our original anniversary). We were bummed that the 22nd didn't fall on a weekend until like 2013 and we didn't want to wait that long. We still needed to save money since we are hosting the wedding ourselves, so 2011 seemed just long enough away to plan/save, but not too far away. Initially we were going to get married June 18th, 2011 to get as close to the 22nd as possible, but the location we decided we wanted was booked that day, so we decided the 11th was good. We wanted to be married for our 10 year anniversary of being together :)

And speaking of location, I am surprised that places for 2011 were already being booked (we got engaged in October 2009 and started planning right away)!

NightfallenRain Posts : 120 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

My future husband and I just got our engagement photos back last week! Here are some I want to share with you ladies =)

These were taken at Target Photo Studio! I signed up for the emails and got some coupons and it saved us A LOT of money ... we got a nice package deal for 1/2 the regular price.

I apologize to those of you who receive forum updates by email because this thread might have sent multiple edits to your inbox. That was a 'my bad' - I was trying to get the pics to display on here. Again, my apologies for the multiple messages!

"The woman came from a man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal, under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

Cherrisse86 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/13/10
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

No definate date yet but were thinking June18, but 6~11~11 does look cute! The colors wil be Fushia pink and orange I want an elegant wedding so with a budget that means a smaller guest list. My fh has a huge family and i gotta get him on trying to get a list written down!

springorchid Posts : 176 Registered: 4/8/07
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 9:26 PM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

Hi all!

I just booked my wedding for June 3, 2011!

So far I have the Ceremony/Reception site booked, I have selected my photographer (I'm just waiting to move some money to make the deposit), I have meet with several florists, working on menus with caterers so I can set up a tasting, have been researching stationary, and am just about to reserach bands...my apt at Kleinfelds is in March. My FFIL is looking into hotels for me.

Colors:

Camilla‘s wedding party style was all about individuality. While sticking with the monochromatic blue theme, each of the ladies wore a different shade and style. Each bridesmaid accessorized with a pair of silver shoes.

feministbride Posts : 14 Registered: 2/27/10
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

June 11, 2011. We got engaged December 2009. We already booked the church and the reception hall. We are getting married in a very popular area in NYC and everything gets booked very fast. Right now I am looking at save the date cards, dresses (there are thousands of dresses how can one choose!) and thinking of color themes.

feministbride Posts : 14 Registered: 2/27/10
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

is that the Tiffany's Lucida? If so i have the same ring

FutureMrsLevine Posts : 77 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: feministbride

so far i have had 2 appointments to look at dresses but i haven't really found one that gave me that "feeling" so i'm still looking....we have picked out colors...watermelon pink and clover....we have decided on an outdoor wedding, and are starting to think about locations. we are thinking about having it at my uncle's cherry tree orchard. i think it would be beautiful in june, but fh hasn't been up there before so we have to make a day to get him up there! i'm starting to look at save the dates and trying to get fh to help pick a date to get e-pics taken!! lol. he is so slow about these things...haha. i can see him the day before the wedding rushing to get everything ready. lol! only 15 months to go!! it's going by faster than what i thought it would!
"The first time in your arms I knew, the way you held me, I knew that this could be what I've been waiting to find."

http://www.mywedding.com/rachaelandteddy/blog.html

Anna827 Posts : 20 Registered: 1/4/10
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: Karebear852k3

My wedding date is also June 11, 2011. That seems to be a very popular date. We orginally wanted May 7, 2011 but the church was already booked for that date so this was the next available date and at the time we wanted also. We have also booked our reception venue. It will be at a golf course up in the foothills in San Dimas. The view is gorgeous. I love it. They're really flexible with the menu so that's a plus for us becuase FH is very picky on what he eats. I'm planning to make appointments with some photographers and djs soon. Everything is falling into place. FH and I had completely different views and ideas at the beginning but things are going alot smoother now that we got the ball rolling. I'm excited for things to come.

Anna

Edited by: Anna827 on Mar 2, 2010 2:10 PM

phatbride2011 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/4/10
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 12:14 AM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

Our wedding date is June 4th. Turns out that was my Great Grandmother's birthday. :) I'm dreaming of a red wedding.... but the only red will be me! hehe. The other colors will be pink and canary yellow.

turtle2 Posts : 56 Registered: 11/3/09
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

we think we are going for june but it might be september... I've been planning out things with the help of brides.com, marthastewartweddings.com, and glamour.com the wedding section. We have not done much yet but we will start in a month or two. A year of planning is a good time if you ask me.

maemaeober Posts : 8 Registered: 7/5/09
Posted: Apr 27, 2010 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

Hey guys!! I'm a June 2011 bride too!! 6/17/11 :]

I never wanted a Summer wedding but with the venue I chose and the fact that I can't wait until Fall 2011, it is so perfect!!

I hope everyone's planning goes well!

save the date

DeanaPearL Posts : 3 Registered: 5/4/10
Posted: May 4, 2010 5:19 PM Go to message in response to: NightfallenRain

i just got engaged last friday april 23rd! :) date set for june 25, 2011 :):):)
we have started to make plans.. we'll probably do most of the work this summer because we're both going to be in school august-may so we'll get married after graduation!
has anyone had any trouble booking anything so early, or is it too early!?

MikaylaK Posts : 53 Registered: 5/23/10
Posted: May 29, 2010 7:34 PM Go to message in response to: DeanaPearL

I'm joining the June 2011 brides! I hope :D

We haven't set a date yet, but since we're planning a summer wedding, and we got together in June, I'm going on a hunch here. It might get moved to July or August, but I hope it is June. We'll see when we finally talk to the authorities/church involved (we'll be moving, so there's nothing I can do just yet).

The only thing we've done so far is create a tentative guest list and divide the tasks we'd like our parents to do (my mum: cards, his mum: flowers, my dad: champagne, his dad: wine). We want to go through colours together later this June so my mum can think about the invitations.

I want to look at dresses for real (try them on and all), but I think it's unrealistic for now, and the poor dress would have to make the trek when we move. I have seen some I like, mostly for the ideas, but nothing fixed.

Haha, we don't even have a budget yet, but then, there are still too many things that have to happen before the year is out, and it's better to concentrate on those (most pressing, passing my PhD final!).

STBMrsBW Posts : 21 Registered: 7/16/10
Posted: Jul 16, 2010 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: MikaylaK

I'm a June 25, 2011 Bride! We picked the date 9 months ago but it was for May when we thought we were going to rent a beach house for the weekend and wanted to do it before prices doubled for Memorial Day weekend. But, I live near Charleston, SC and all the beache houses near us are out of their minds. They told us, the cheapest, $1200 for the house and another $1000 for the clean up. Plus we can have no more than 30 people including dj, photographer, etc. My family is bigger than 30 people so it is out of the question! And the cheapest price was over an hour from our town so it would be a long drive for my elderly members. So we went with June since we are going on our honeymoon the first of July to the Daytona race. I've been getting prices for months now and I finally bought the first item for our wedding, invitations. We are printing them ourselves. Wedding dress' are crazy in the store. I found a few sites that have designer dress' or can make them if you like and charge less than half the price! The dress I love (in the pic) is $500 at the store and this site has it for sale for $171! When I go tomorrow to try on dresses then I'm going to be sure to search online for the best price, I'm not getting ripped off!

[

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine